Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

9 games 27 points

[quote user="daly"]Would love to see any points at the moment but our Premiership status was lost in the first 10 games through a manager who was clueless to his settled team and now with 9 games to go Still is clueless.

Panic buys who would have a job to hold down a place in a Div 1 team[/quote]Sh*t me, that must be an all-time record for throwing in the towel. So basically we have been relegated since October?Don''t worry mate, not much longer to wait until you can come back on here waving your little pecker about and telling us all how you were the first one to see it coming.

weve got a bunch of injuries, a manager who cant pick a positionally balanced 11, and whatever 11 he does pick he changes week in week out like he thinks we are a top 4 club with top class rotation options

we wont get close to those pointsMan City home - 0WBA away - 1Newcastle home - 1Crystal Palace away - 0Sunderland home - 1Watford home - 3Arsenal away - 0ManUtd home - 0Everton away - 0bye bye premier league

Man City home - 1

WBA away - 0

Newcastle home - 3

Crystal Palace away - 3

Sunderland home - 0

Watford home - 3

Arsenal away - 0

ManUtd home - 1

Everton away - 0

11 points at best.

I doubt we''ll be next seasons Leicester without another 100m or so. But us fans can always dream...

leicesters team cost in transfers under 30 million

just goes to show what a manager can do if he gels and makes a team greater than the sum of parts

it also highlights my thoughts that leicester do not have the most money the most expensive players but have a great team when they play together to prove what a good manager can do with lesser players

i think 7 points i would love us to stay up but i can not see AN doing that

If I''m being pessimistic/realistic I can see us getting another 9 points:
Man C 0
WBA 1
Newcastle 1
Palace 1
Sunderland 3
Watford 1
Arsenal 0
Man U 1
Everton 1
However, on a similar review I can see Newcastle & Sunderland on 30 points & Villa on 19.
Not sure why I think we''ll beat Sunderland but only draw against Newcastle & clearly if the results went the other way round it wouldn''t be good news.
Whatever, I think we or anyone else won''t need the 38-40 points than is normally cited to stay up this year,

Leicester played really well,picked up points and stayed up but the season before Sunderland were nothing special but everything went their way in the last few games and they stayed up.Over so few games form vs points will not necessarily even out and there are no guarantees that the team that plays the best in those final 9/10 games will be the one to stay up.

As already stated Newcastle. Sunderland and Watford at home are all winnable games as are West Brom and Palace away.

Lets be honest in the first round meetings between the clubs this season 5 of the 8 points collected came against Arsenal Man Utd and Everton.....

Lets be positive (yes we have had a poor run) but the first half of the season (19 games) returned a healthy 20 points

Personally I would think averaging a point a game between now and the end of the season would be enough given we are playing our two biggest relegation rivals winning those two though is very important

Man City home - 0

WBA away - 0

Newcastle home - 3

Palace - 1

Sunderland - 1

Watford - 3

Arsenal - 0

Manure - 1

Everton - 1

10 points imo and thats being optimistic. All those points we''ve chucked away over the season are really sticking out like sore thumbs.

Why is everyone assuming we will beat Newcastle? They thrashed us earlier in the season and our record against the sides we need to beat is dreadful

Man City home - 0

WBA away - 1

Newcastle home - 0

Palace - 0

Sunderland - 0

Watford - 1

Arsenal - 0

Manure - 3

Everton - 0

Norwich are in danger of becoming the proverbial cornered rat. We either come out fighting or quickly become dead!

Assuming we opt to fight, we''ll succeed or get completely stuffed - no half measures. Provided the players adopt a similar mentality to Alex Neil, I figure we''ve still got a reasonable chance - the next couple of games will show how much the players believe. It really is now or never...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Norwich are in danger of becoming the proverbial cornered rat. We either come out fighting or quickly become dead!

Assuming we opt to fight, we''ll succeed or get completely stuffed - no half measures. Provided the players adopt a similar mentality to Alex Neil, I figure we''ve still got a reasonable chance - the next couple of games will show how much the players believe. It really is now or never...[/quote]

Rats, interesting.

Apparently if a rat is dropped in the middle of a crowded room there are three stages in its reaction:

1 freeze and hope no notices

2 run away to a corner

3 fight as a last resort.

Rats tend to lose, we need a cat mentality, difficult for a canary.

My prediction is based on the unpredictability of this season..

Man City home - 3

WBA away - 3

Newcastle home - 0

Crystal Palace away - 0

Sunderland home - 0

Watford home - 1

Arsenal away - 3

ManUtd home - 3

Everton away - 3

16 points and down.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]My prediction is based on the unpredictability of this season..

16 points and down.[/quote]

That would give us 40 points, more than likely enough to stay up.

Wouldn''t be surprised if 36 points was enough.

However we are 75-80% chance to go down (at a guess with 30 or 31 points).

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Why is everyone assuming we will beat Newcastle? [/quote]Well, the is a precedent.The year we lost to Colchester 7-1 in League 1, we did manage to stuff them 5-0 in the return fixture away. Mind you, to completely comply, we''d need to hire Steve McClaren.Who''s feeling game??

Man City home - 1

WBA away - 3

Newcastle home - 1

Crystal Palace away - 3

Sunderland home - 1

Watford home - 3

Arsenal away - 0

ManUtd home - 3 *

Everton away - 3 *

That''s a whopping 18 points, 6* of which are based on the empirically proven "universal laws of cause and effect, Kharma, opposition already on the beach" effect.

Anyone remember in 2005, how many points did we pick up from this point onwards? I know it all ended calamitously in the final game. another crumb of comfort from 2 years back -We beat Sunderland in March and they looked no hopers for survival.

Hope Brady isn''t out for too long. **terms and conditions apply. Under no circumstances if I am proven to be incorrect will I come on here and admit I got it wrong. But if by any chance we do stay up and I get some of the predictions right, then I will Certainly come back with a "I told you so" post at the end of season.

When I last looked at our remaining fixtures I predicted 37 points. Since then we have lost 4 points by losing at Villa and Swansea. So I now predict 33 points which will probably relegate us.

When we went down two seasons ago we managed just 9 points away. So far this season we have 8 points and no clean sheets. I can see no rational reason to expect any improvement in the remaining games away.

Unfortunately on Saturday we will probably set a new club record for the worst run of results in the league.

I thought I would revisit Lakey''s thread to compare our progress five games on.

Probably the most accurate thing it proves is that Nutty is spot on, there are now four games left.

Over this period we took 7 points from the 15 available, what were we expecting or predicting? I found the comparisons quite interesting.

One more win and one draw from the remaining games would see me hit my prediction. At the time I thought 35 points might clinch survival, I am a little bit more nervous about that now, it''s still possible, but I also feel we could exceed that tally ourselves.

In my opinion, the stats (fingers crossed on accuracy), although not comprehensive, do provide some hope.

So out of interest:-

We gained 1 point on Palace and they played an extra game to us over that period.

We gained 4 points on Everton and they played an extra game to us over that period.

We gained 6 points on West Brom but played an extra game to them over that period.

We gained 3 points on Chelsea but played an extra game to them over that period.

We gained 3 points on Watford and played the same number of games to them over that period.

We gained 3 points on Stoke and played the same number of games to them over that period.

We managed to match the points total of West Ham and played the same number of games to them over that period.

On the face of it I think those comparisons are pretty good, but what about our relegation rivals:-

We gained 2 points on Newcastle and they played an extra game to us over that period (all under Benny).

We gained 2 points on Sunderland but played an extra game to them over that period.

At the risk of clapping happily isn''t that the kind of form that could keep us on target to survive?

A lot of fans insist we should have beaten Palace and Sunderland. I think it is also worth pointing out that if we had, then Lakey''s prediction would only require one win and one draw to hit his predicted total. I would love it, I''m sure you would all too, if his points prediction still came to fruition. A tall order, three wins and a draw, but still possible.

Ha 3 wins and a draw. Not a chance. I think we would do well to get 4 points which I doubt would be enough.

Personally think we will get 4 points.

Will get a tonking at Arsenal & a narrow defeat at home to united. I reckon. A win vs Watford and a draw at Everton.

6 points will see us safe and even 5 might be enough.Unfortunately we don''t look like getting them barring a miracle.

I think we can get six, which was the bottom end of my prediction. But I also think we need more. Watford and Everton are the most likely games to pick up points BUT if we lose the next two we will quite probably be adrift before those games are played. So we need points in the next two games and it''s a big ask. We did however pick up 4 points in the corresponding fixtures earlier in the season.

6 points is definitely achievable, Watford and Everton are defenite targets, somehow we need to overcome our self destruct tendencies in these must win games.

Bare minimum is 6 points from Everton and Watford. Anything we get against Arsenal and Man U would be a god send. We need to avoid hammerings against Arsenal and Man U. I have a strong feeling that goal difference will come into play by the end of the season.

Home form against current top 10 clubs (ex Man U) Stoke 1-1Leicester 1-2Arsenal 1-1Southampton 1-0Liverpool 4-5 (should have won or at least got a draw)Spurs 0-3West Ham 2-2 (should have won)Chelsea 1-2 (would have got point but for clear offside goal)Man City 0-0No reason why we shouldn''t get something from the Man U game