Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

9 games 27 points

How many of  those points are we going to get?  I''ll stick my neck out and say we can get 17, putting us on 41. Man City home - 0WBA away - 3Newcastle home - 3Crystal Palace away - 3 Sunderland home - 3Watford home - 3Arsenal away - 0ManUtd home - 1Everton away - 1Yes it means embarking on a run of victories that looks unlikely, but WBA, Crystal Palace away are winnable, as are ALL our home games.  I simply don''t believe we will go down quietly without a fight and with just a little bit of the rub of the green, we can still achieve our goal for this season.   Sunderland and Newcastle are under just as much pressure as we are and they are going to struggle to get over the line too, so there is still everything to play for.  If we go down with a whimper, with weak performances, then it would be a poor reflection on the players, but from what I''ve seen - even though just on TV or a stream - that won''t happen and we have enough about us to turn it round. Leicester did it last season. It''s our turn now.

I believe all our remaining games are winnable but we are obviously not going to win them all, but with just a little luck, which is sometimes what you need to kick start a run of victories, we can turn it round.  We have to believe we can do it. Not believing that is just throwing in the towel.

So we have not won since Jan 1 and we will win 5 in a row

That is likely as

All referees expressing a love for Norwich and promptly awarding us loads of penalties

All pundits saying that Norwich are great and saying we are actual total dickheads, I mean you Merson and you Mills

The Tories will reverse their attacks on the poor and put the top rate of tax up to 80%

Everyone to hug each other in the street and pronounce world peace day.

In other words i will have whatever you are smoking, I can see us getting 11 points in more optimistic moments

We won''t beat Man City.

West Brom have improved greatly since the new year, no chance.

Newcastle is a possibility but chances are they''ll have a new manager by then.

Palace is a possibility.

I can''t see us beating Sunderland.

I can''t see us beating Watford.

Arsenal will probably still be playing for European spot, no chance.

I can''t see us getting anything from United.

Everton will destroy us to hammer the final nail into our closed coffin.

[quote user="militantcanary"]So we have not won since Jan 1 and we will win 5 in a row

That is likely as

All referees expressing a love for Norwich and promptly awarding us loads of penalties

All pundits saying that Norwich are great and saying we are actual total dickheads, I mean you Merson and you Mills

The Tories will reverse their attacks on the poor and put the top rate of tax up to 80%

Everyone to hug each other in the street and pronounce world peace day.

In other words i will have whatever you are smoking, I can see us getting 11 points in more optimistic moments[/quote]

It''s all very well saying it can''t be done - but  Leicester showed it can be done last season.  All it takes is a spark, a bit of luck, one player to show the inspiration...even a fluky referee decision in our favour and once the confidence returns and a little bit of belief......anything can happen. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]anything can happen.  [/quote]It can but it probably won''t.Man City home - 0WBA away - 0Newcastle home - 3Crystal Palace away - 1Sunderland home - 1Watford home - 1Arsenal away - 0ManUtd home - 1Everton away - 0Seven

Lakey....unbelievable...because Leicester did what they did you think its our turn?...mate..impossible.For a start Leicester had / have rich backers..they cakewalked the Champs 2 seasons ago when we were whimpering out of the Prem, they had a very poor start, and in my opinion at the time, false position at the bottom. Always thought they could do better and indeed had in Pearson the right bloke to fire up the players and we all saw the result of that. Because of his off pitch antics he got the chop, and that club brought in a guy of the calibre of Ranieri, look where they are now.Expecting us to do a Leicester is the most laughable thing ive heard in a long time.

[quote user="Hull Canary"]I think LDC view is a fair account of what is likely to happen and staying in the premier league is all but secured[/quote]No, it is not likely and staying in the prem is far from secured.  It needs a big turn around. But it could happen.

I appreciate your optimism LDC...

you''re better man than I am.. lol

If we were a horse in the Grand National then our form figures would give us a price of 100-1 or bigger.So far we haven''t recorded a "fell" or a "brought down" in our form figures but we did come very close to being "pulled up" on SaturdayThe GN is a handicap but sadly, unlike horses, we don''t get any allowances for being pi** poor

Stan wrote the following post at 07/03/2016 6:36 PM:

"17?

fu*king 17?!

we''ll be lucky to get 7 lol"

Will you be cheering and encouraging the lads Stan, they need your support now don''t they?

Would love to see any points at the moment but our Premiership status was lost in the first 10 games through a manager who was clueless to his settled team and now with 9 games to go Still is clueless.

Panic buys who would have a job to hold down a place in a Div 1 team

Last 9 games 1 point. Just saying.

We will do better than that I''m sure but 17 is not realistic imo.

I''ll go for 9 and hope for more.

The way we have played at times I wouldn''t be surprised if we got 3 home wins, however everything has got to come together. I think we could manage a couple of draws also.

Trying to combine optimism and realism I''m going for 11 points.

This season that might even be enough.

I wonder if Leicester fans were as negative this time last year when they sat on 19 points?

Not saying for a minute that we will emulate them (or Sunderland the season before) but so many on here seem to have given up hope when we are nowhere near cut adrift and matters are still in our own hands. Its almost as if some want us to go down so they can be proven correct.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]I wonder if Leicester fans were as negative this time last year when they sat on 19 points?

Not saying for a minute that we will emulate them (or Sunderland the season before) but so many on here seem to have given up hope when we are nowhere near cut adrift and matters are still in our own hands. Its almost as if some want us to go down so they can be proven correct.[/quote][Y]

I can''t see Newcastle getting anything out of their next 2 games. IF we can get 1 win or a couple of draws out of Man City and WBA and then beat the Toon that would give us a bit of daylight over the bottom 2. At least it will be something to build on.Seems unlikely but it''s doable.

I reckon we might get 9. Recent form suggests we will be lucky to get two though.I live in hope that we will be this season''s ( and next seasons) Leicester though.

Man City home - 1

WBA away - 0

Newcastle home - 3

Crystal Palace away - 0

Sunderland home - 1

Watford home - 3

Arsenal away - 0

Man Utd home - 1

Everton away - 1

10 points - could that possibly be enough? Despite our pathetic points return in 2016, we''re still alive because Newcastle are just as bad as us and Sunderland were so poor earlier on. Although the outlook is grim at the moment, if we can just somehow eke out a win, confidence will improve. The Swansea result was so deflating after some promising if fruitless performances against Leicester & Chelsea. I still believe that on our day at home we can match anyone, even Man City next weekend. Losing Tettey is a big blow and hopefully Brady will be okay.

Assuming Brady is unavailable for Man City and Bassong is back, what about:

---------------------Ruddy

Martin---Bennett---Klose---Bassong---Olsson

--------------O''Neil-----Howson

Redmond---------------------Wes

-------------------Bamford

Perhaps Pinto in again which would mean poor Ryan Bennett would miss out again - I''d start him. Surely AN won''t start Martin at left-back but you never know - He doesn''t fancy Olsson and Whittaker is out of the picture. 3 shielded centre-backs and two full-backs should give Ruddy protection and give width going forward, Redmond on the break, Wes to keep possession around their box and Bamford to make a nuisance of himself. Mbokani or Jerome to come on in the second half, Jarvis, maybe even Vadis? Pace up top could cause Man City defence problems - We just have to make sure not to concede down the other end....No problem!!!