Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

So if Worthys time is up who would you want ?

I must admit its quite some time since I posted on here and I guess I would expect "Worthy Out" calls from dear old Wiz but I was quite shocked to see DD''s post.

It does seem that the plot has been gradually lost and we all seem to agree that for him to go now would not be a knee jerk reaction. Of course we would have to make sure we got someone who was better to revitalise our fortunes but who in your opinion is the man for the job ?

I must admit I have no idea who would be the best man for the job, although I must admit I didnt think Bruce Rioch was given a fair crack, and he did have to put up with that muppet Hamilton didnt he !

[quote]I must admit its quite some time since I posted on here and I guess I would expect "Worthy Out" calls from dear old Wiz but I was quite shocked to see DD''s post. It does seem that the plot has been ...[/quote]

Welcome back KG, you don''t post enough mate.

So, back to to your question, Burley or Peter Taylor would be my choice.

Even Joe Royle at a push. Anyone but NW!.

I''d love Burley to come here.  His track record is good and I think the fans would accept him.  Unfortunately, by the time the board get around to sacking Worthy, Burley will be with another club.  Apart from him, as Wiz says Peter Taylor.  However, I don''t think he''d come.  Ditto Mike Newell.  From the lower leagues Martin Allen and Steve Tilson might be worth a look

For me it has to be Burley. He has had success wherever he has been also with limited resources at Derby, he is very wise when it comes to players from abroad and best of all it would p*ss off those muppetts down the road.

Taylor does sound good but for one flaw, did he not spend a couple of million on Akinbye when manager of Leicester?.

PS. I like the sound of a demo before the AGM next Monday. 

i would give mark bowen a go, hes learnt his trade under mark hughes, reckon hed jump at chance to have a go, with iwan as his assistant

I''ve said it elsewhere but I don''t want Burley under any circumstances - absolutely nothing to do with his Suffolk connection - I just don''t think he''s the man for the job - besides, after the success he''s had with Hearts this season, do you really think that he''s going to be after a Championship slot again - after leaving Derby for the big time in Scotland? I don''t think so.

We need something different to fire up the club - not an uninspiring average performer - I would agree that the likes of Allen and Holloway are the sort of people that we should be looking at - Dave Williams is an obvious choice - but what''s happened to Chippy? Wasn''t he down in Oz - what about him and Williams as the dream team to restore our team to their old selves?

I can see the sense in considering Mark Bowen ( surely the best left back ever seen in a Norwich shirt ) and perhaps coupled with David Williams.  I''m afraid Iwan Robert''s limitations were highlighted at Gillingham who appeared to take away his coaching duties and farmed him out to Cambridge United.

[quote]For me it has to be Burley. He has had success wherever he has been also with limited resources at Derby, he is very wise when it comes to players from abroad and best of all it would p*ss off those m...[/quote]

Anyone but Burley.
Seriously.
As for winding up the binmen, did we get wound up when they got Royle as manager?
No, we laughed, because they''d given the managers job to a bloke with a bug fat head.