Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

It was bad - but let's move on.

We just looked completely flat today.

The Gary O''Neill sending off not only affected the Stoke game, where I thought we played well and despite the score line left me feeling proud of the way we competed, it also affected today.

For a start O''Neill was absent. Other players looked blown, including Jonny Howson who has good stamina - the result of playing 60 minutes down to 10 and both Stoke and Bournemouth are long trips.

Odjija looked leggy, as did Hoolahan. Tettey gives everything but two close games take it out on him, never mind playing one a man short. I couldn''t believe good athletes like Russell Martin and Brady looked so tired and we had no one who could live with opposition players running at them.

It didn''t help starting with Jarvis who is not up to speed and we were roasted down both flanks with both full backs exposed.

That doesn''t altogether excuse our inability to deal with crosses.

I don''t know why AN didn''t use his squad better and perhaps set up tighter as Bournemouth tend to start well and score early.

We need to get this game out of our system asap because we have two home games coming up and we have to ensure this dip doesn''t become a slump.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]It will be a different performance next week.[/quote]Even a much better performance will still see us beaten by Liverpool and Spurs .