Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

The fat lady opened her mouth today..

Sorry, just how many games did we lose today? Some people seem to think it was all of them in one go - whereas I thought we still had >1/3 of the season still to go.

I suppose there is some comfort in the fact that some of the more knee-jerky posters are living up to expectation; not at all sure where they were when we recently won 3 out of 4.

I have stuck with City ending on 33 points all season, i dont alter opinions halfway thru. So ya im a pretty natural pessimist, on top of that City have gone into their no momentum, no confidence style of performances we got under CH 2 yrs ago in 2nd half of the season.Having said the negative, if City can find say, 4 wins and 5 draws, or 5 wins and 2 draws from 16 games, thats 40 points, might be enough. But Alex needs to get his players motivated first, and start playing like Watford and Leicester. Thats the short term fix. We hopefully have Pinto  starting soon, im hopeful Klose joins, maybe Naismith to. Hooper is back tomorrow, i know many want to see him sold, but i believe he can score goals for us, if only he was supplied with enough chances. But thats the thorny problem, all season Alex has struggled to supply his strikers with enough chances.For sure Alex now faces the toughest 4 or 5 months at the club, and will go a long way to finding out just what hes made of, and if he truly can become a top notch manager.. One thing he has got, is the backing and good will of the vast majority of City fans, unlike CH two years ago.