Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

The fat lady opened her mouth today..

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Dismal. Any potential signings will think twice after that...

Honestly I can''t see us staying up now. Barring an absolute miracle

Has any promoted club ever spent less?[/quote]I don''t know, have they?Do some research and get back to us.Use your time machine to find out anything we might spend before the window shuts[Y]

Sorry I thought we were 2 places and 4 points away from relegation...guess they ended the season now and decided to relegate us anyway

Let''s take stock quickly:

We have Pinto coming in, along with Klose.

Jarvis is back from injury and now permanent.

With Grabban gone we''re left with Lafferty, Jerome and Mbokani up front.

I think today showed we need to rethink the back 4, you could argue that Klose and Pinto means AN has done just that. Hoolahan was awful today, so either we need to move VOO up into that role or get someone in. And up front, well Afobe showed that goals win games today, and we need goals. If our 4 current strikers (assuming Hooper comes back) can''t deliver then we need to spend to guarantee those goals (although I remain convinced that a player in Lafferty''s mould would have been a better better in games like today.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Dismal. Any potential signings will think twice after that...

Has any promoted club ever spent less?[/quote]Nobody said it was going to be easy.Still a long way to go yet. 16 more games of which 9 are at home.

I think some people must just lack any sort of rational thought processes, or they''re so dense it''s beyond belief.

This is the sort of post I would expect to see on a Villa board, not a team that are still 4 points outside of the bottom three with 9 points out of the last 18!

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]I remember people saying that the last time we went down...[/quote]Did we spend less than everyone else that time too?

I''m upset, but let''s not get delirious now... We are still points above the bottom 3 and a couple of things to remember:

We still have the second half of the transfer window to go

We still have Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford, Chelsea, Man U and West Ham to come at home where we can pick up points and hopefully wins

We still have Villa, WBA, Swansea, palace, everton away where on our day we could take all 3

For evey game like today we have a game like Man U away where for whatever reason the stars aline

And finally we only have to be the 4th worst team haha, I still think we are better than Swansea, Newcastle, Sunderland and villa at the least!

We''re in a relegation battle without doubt, and I''m certainly not being complacent - there is every chance we will be in the bottom three come the end of the season, especially if we carry on playing like we did today.

But seriously, to suggest the fat lady is about to start signing... come on.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Staying up was always going to be tough ... we''re the poorest club in the league.

What three clubs have weaker squads than us?[/quote]sunderland, Aston villa are definitely 2

Did she take a big swig of red wine?

It was and still is all about 17th at the end of 38 games.....if we don''t get above that then we deserve to be relegated......

It doesn''t help in attracting players a performance like that.

Once you keep being thrashed away from home and depend on home form sure signal isn''t going to work.

Sorry do not think AN knows what to do anymore , could try panic buys now that all best players have gone like Afobe and Austin.

Oh wait there''s Naismith who still can''t decide what to do, it is honestly pathetic to behold.

[quote user="CJ"]Once you keep being thrashed away from home and depend on home form sure signal isn''t going to work.

Sorry do not think AN knows what to do anymore , could try panic buys now that all best players have gone like Afobe and Austin.

Oh wait there''s Naismith who still can''t decide what to do, it is honestly pathetic to behold.[/quote]We don''t keep getting thrashed away from home though, do we? And personally I wouldn''t call three nil a "thrashing"

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Has any promoted club ever spent less?[/quote]I don''t know, why don''t you start a separate thread about it?Oh, sorry, you already did.Four minutes after you started this one.I think it''s nap time.

To be fair Morty, the score doesn''t represent what I heard on the radio, we should have been down to 10 me and a defo penalty too!

We sounded like we were thrashed in the manner rather than score!

But heck poor January after a very solid December, hopefully we get a reaction against Liverpool, but a couple new faces wouldn''t go a miss before then.

[quote user="Indy"]To be fair Morty, the score doesn''t represent what I heard on the radio, we should have been down to 10 me and a defo penalty too![/quote]Have to agree with that. It was more of a thrashing than the 6-2 at Newcastle, where we were 3-2 behind and laying siege to their goal before he brought Tettey off. The complete absence of fight, coupled with the numerous additional chances and penalty shouts, make this a thrashing in my book. It genuinely could have been six or seven.

[quote user="Indy"]To be fair Morty, the score doesn''t represent what I heard on the radio, we should have been down to 10 me and a defo penalty too!

We sounded like we were thrashed in the manner rather than score!

But heck poor January after a very solid December, hopefully we get a reaction against Liverpool, but a couple new faces wouldn''t go a miss before then.[/quote]It was a poor performance all round, no doubting it. I have seen it so many times, if one or two players have an off day then you can carry them, but if that one or two suddenly becomes five or six, you get a performance like today..On paper it was a very good team, though I have to consider maybe a bit too attacking, it sounded like we got sussed out a bit down the flanks. And we have to stop relying on Hoolahan and accommodating him, the time is coming very soon where we need to find something that works without him.Yes, people seem to have forgotten December very quickly...

[quote] user="Dean Coney''s boots" Dismal. Any potential signings will think twice after that...

Has any promoted club ever spent less?[/quote]

She was yawning at your post.

My experience is fat ladies open their mouths several times every day, usually to gorge on cake.
They then cry and then they eat more cake.  Or maybe down one of those Starbucks syrup drinks, followed by cake.
In fact, most fat ladies tend to have their mouths open most of the time.
I''d pop my pen1s in, but I''m selective.

I''d pop my pen1s in, but I''m selective.

That''s not what I''ve heard!!!😁😁😁😁

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Okay, fair cop. I did once shag Bella Emberg, but it was consensual.
[/quote]

Lol!😂😂😂😂😂😂

What a pathetic OP.

Can''t stay us up barring a miracle.

God knows how the teams below us must feel, presume their fans have taken to a communal suicide.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Well i don''t see Newcastle going down , has to be Villa , Norwich and one other , hopefully Bournemouth .[/quote]
Thanks for that, you negative asswipe.