Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Who are these leading supporters?

Just who are these "leading supporters" of whom I hear mention from the Pink Un and others?

I''ve never seen these famous leaders of men at Carrow Rd, nor have they led me into a frenzy of Worthy-outism, Worthy-Inism or indeed anything else.

Whoever these kind shining lights among us poor ignorant fools are, just for the record...

I don''t give a flying firkin what any ''leading fans'' think, do or say. I''m perfectly capable of doing all three of those things myself without any help at all.

Thanks.

WEe give our opinions because we are asked to do so. I have never, not once, rung up Radio Broadland, Radio Norfolk, the EDP, the Pinkun or anyone else for that matter and said ''Please can I give my opinion''. Next time they ring me, I will make a point of saying I am not speaking on behalf of BIC.

Yes, I completely agree - I do wonder who half these people are, I''ve been gonig to games since 1980, and have rarely heard of any of them other than  Roy Blower, and he often seems to say the complete opposite to what I was thinking! 

I personally think it is a very big shame that the pink un itself now seems to be anti-worthy, imo it should be impartial.

Branston - as Kathy says, most of these people were asked before their quotes were given, except I suppose for those lifted from these message boards and the WOTB as seen in the EDP today.

I don''t think most people reading that paper necessarily think the PinkUn is biased towards either side of the argument, I certainly don''t and although I have my opinions I will respect the other point of view.

Rumours abound all over the place, secret board meetings, player revolts etc, etc, I suppose we will just all have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

I do happen to know some of the people interviewed and those who regularly appear in the Fan''s View part of the Evening News, doesn''t mean I agree with all of them either.

These leading supporters are active in forming various supporters associations around the country so yes they are ''leading'' fans and represent a body associated with the club, on behalf of the fans. 

Their level of involvement, like Kathys for example, is not for self promotion but to support the club and that has to be applauded. If that means they are approached once in a blue moon for an opinion then that is fine by me; it is clearly not my opinion but media agencies are hardly going to pull my name out of the hat now are they?!?

OTBC 

[quote]Yes, I completely agree - I do wonder who half these people are, I''ve been gonig to games since 1980, and have rarely heard of any of them other than Roy Blower, and he often seems to say the complet...[/quote]

The pinkun needs to sell as many papers as it can. If it is of the "Worthy Out" opinion, it''s because they believe the majority of their readership share that opinion and wants to read a paper that shares that opinion.