Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Disappointing

Another ''no show''. So what''s the solution? There is a lot to criticise but at the end of it all we need to get behind the team. However before we do, we have to iron out the problems and weaknesses, as there is no point papering over the cracks.

1. We need to be more ballsy in the transfer market, as there is no point in pussy footing around in order to capture our targets or we will miss out.

2. We need a strong leader on the pitch who will lead by example. Someone who will most likely keep his place in the team because he is good enough.

3. Be prepared to drop players who are not good enough.

4. Put 100% effort in. That''s all we ask. If we put the effort in and lose we cannot complain.

5. Buy a Premiership quality centre back a s a p. We need to spend serious money on someone who will give our defence some backbone. We''ve needed one since the end of last season and that should have been the first signing we made in the summer, so I''m puzzled why it didn''t happen.

6. Buy a quality striker and a creative midfielder to compete with Hoolahan.

Why hasn''t Lafferty at least been given some game time? Our other strikers have been misfiring, so I don''t understand why he''s not at the very least on the bench. Is there a clash of personalities with AN?

Can VOO play the Hoolahan role? Isn''t that worth trying? He has created two goals before today. I know he didn''t have a good game and his defensive work needs a major improvement but before today he had been one of our best players in the last two games.

If I was picking the team next week, I would drop Martin to the bench and pick Wisdom in his place, unless Pinto is ready. Hopefully we will have one or two new signings by next week who can start. We don''t have too many options who will improve the players who played today, so perhaps we should play a different system and we should definitely demand more effort, as today just wasn''t good enough.

Captain? I''m not sure, perhaps Howson or Tettey. Can Mulumbu improve our performance? I''m puzzled (again) why he has hardly been given any game time since his injury.

It could be argued that quite a few of our issues are down to a lack of leadership on the pitch. While I love Russ and appreciate his time here, he''s not Premiership quality and has been found out at this level. We need a strong character in midfield to command the respect of the players while maintaining a strong personal standard of performance. I thought that player would be Mulumbu but for whatever reason AN isn''t playing him.

Hopefully Pinto will play against Liverpool however should Naismith and Klose sign this week I would not expect them to play. Naismith has been injured and not played for several weeks whereas Klose has not played due to the winter shutdown in Germany. Both will have also little training time with the squad.