Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Doom and Gloom

Blimey, the way some people are talking on here, we''re relegated already!

We''re still 4 points outside the bottom 3. It was always going to be a hard season, we''re newly promoted! Hopefully today will weed out some of the poor players and press the board into action but some of you need to stop panicking.

Bad form and bad matches happen. It''s how we move on from them that matters. The good thing about being down the league, we can win 1 in 4 and draw one and afford to lose and play bad some days.

Chin up everyone!

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It was over before the ManU game. 3 games later it wasn''t over. 2 games after that, it''s over again.

Go figure.[/quote]

I''m old enough to know that there will be a few more ups and downs yet before this season is out.

Not denying we were awful today. Every team has bad games though. Plenty of football to be played and we have the number of points we need to just limp over the line. Far too early to panic.

Very flat performance today, arguably the most disappointing game all season so far. A bad week!

But as AN has said before, it''s important not to get too high or too low after wins and losses. It was an important game but there are 16 more still to come and 17 points required.

Home form must be the basis for survival but of course we need to nick some away points too.

People have short memories - Bournemouth were beaten comfortably at Carrow Road earlier this season - they''re a solitary point ahead of us.

A difficult week, lots of travelling, 9 goals shipped, but we move on to the next match - at home against an average Liverpool team who failed to beat us at Anfield against this same group of players. We might even see some new players being brought in this week.

Let''s leave Dean Court behind and look forward.

Agreed paddy, today and this week was as bad as it gets, its not the results im to bothered about it was the total way the team was...lacklustre, slow, just nothing. To be honest ive never really worried if City were in the Prem or the Championship, i just want to see the players play to the best of their abilities and play as a team who are hungry. The financial side of the club can be opinionated by us all forever, but we dont know the dealings that the Board goes thru each day each week. We mostly are interested in what we do see, the eleven guys out there on the pitch.Alex knows its been a bad week culminating in todays performance, He alluded to that, saying next weeks match will determine if its just a blip or not. Absolutely Alex, most fans can accept a blip, the very word indicates a short time frame. But play as today for an extended period, and fans and their had earned money will start to get agitated. Just need to move on, but the players need to up their game, as a team unit, and we will respond as fans, if we can see theyre giving their all.

4 points off? Yes, before Swansea play Watford on Monday. The way this week has gone, you just know that Swansea will win that one, leaving us just 2 points off, with Liverpool and Tottenham next.

Nothing wrong with looking a bot ahead, is it?

On a positive note, Everton, now finding form, are playing Swansea and Newcastle in their next 2 games, both at home...

Perhaps not doom and gloom, but after more self-destruction I am very concerned. Added to failures in positioning, there seems to have been a lack of effort and misplaced passes.

In other words basic defending and passing were poor - by a team in the Premiership, and with one or two honourable exceptions insufficient effort.

I am clinging to the hope that an infusion of new blood, at fullback, centre back and striker can make a difference, and perhaps we need a new captain to drive them on.

It is getting more and more depressing every week

Style of play getting worse and worse. Signings players to solve problems and not even having them in the squad ( at best bizarre)

Yet another screwed up transfer window

How much Lower can we sink?

[quote user="Wilfred Grimsdale"] It is getting more and more depressing every week

Style of play getting worse and worse. Signings players to solve problems and not even having them in the squad ( at best bizarre)

How much Lower can we sink?[/quote]

A long way until we reach your level.......

[quote user="Wilfred Grimsdale"]It is getting more and more depressing every week

How much Lower can we sink?[/quote]Hope this helps;

"At the top is the single division of the Premier League (which is often referred to as the "top flight"), containing 20 clubs, all of which, up to the 2010–11 season, were based in England. However, two Welsh teams (Swansea City and Cardiff City) have joined as of the 2011–12 season and the 2013–14 season. Cardiff City have since been relegated to the Championship. Below the Premier League is The Football League, which is divided into three divisions of 24 clubs each: The Championship (Level 2), League One (Level 3) and League Two

(Level 4). The 92 clubs in the Premier League and Football League are

all full-time professional clubs. They are often referred to as ''League''

clubs because, before the establishment of the Premier League in 1992,

the Football League included all 92 clubs, in four divisions. Clubs

outside this group are referred to as ''non-League'' clubs, although they

too play most of their football in league-type competitions.

The top tier of non-League football is the National League, which contains a national division (National League)

of 24 clubs (Level 5), this is the lowest level with a single national

league. There are two divisions at Level 6, covering the north (National League North) and south (National League South),

with 22 clubs each. Some of these clubs are full-time professional and

the others are semi-professional. Below the National League some of the

stronger clubs are semi-professional, but continuing down the tiers,

soon all the clubs are amateur. Lower-level leagues also tend to cater

for progressively smaller geographic regions.

Next down from the National League are three regional leagues, each

associated with different geographical areas, although some overlap

exists. They are the Northern Premier League (which covers the north of England and north Wales), Southern Football League (which covers the Midlands, south and southwest of England, and south Wales) and the Isthmian League

(which covers the south east of England). All of the leagues have a

Premier Division of 24 teams (Level 7). Below these, and split by

region, the Northern Premier League and Southern Football League each have two parallel divisions of 22 teams (Level 8). The Isthmian League has two parallel level 8 divisions of 24 teams each.

Level 9 contains the top divisions of a large group of fourteen

sub-regional leagues. Each of these leagues has a different divisional

set up, but they all have one thing in common: there are yet more

leagues below them, each covering smaller and smaller geographical

levels."

our squad will continue to throw in no shows - its seems thats what they do; not good enough to sustain near their best level for the season. When that happens we get the uncommitted and technically diabolical poor performances like yesterday (soton, newcastle watford citeh etc).

However we also know thats is not the level that we usually perform at - a couple more like that and it will be a worry.

However we still have 16 games to gain the 15 points needed to secure safety - even allowing for a couple more no shows any cursory look at the fixture list and its not hard to see where those points come from - even if we do happen to lose the next two tough home games (which I dont think will happen)

Keep a sense of perspective; just as we were not safe as some assumed post soton nor are we doomed post bournemouth. The roller coaster ride will continue, but I fully expect a repeat ride next season without getting off. Strap in, hold tight and enjoy the ride instead of impersonating chicken licken

[quote user="Wilfred Grimsdale"]You weren''t at the game we were truly truly awful

We are gone I am afraid[/quote]I wasn''t at the game yesterday but I was at Stoke.There we were truly truly good.....( apologies if you''re Waveney and this reply is wasting everyone''s energy )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Wilfred Grimsdale"]You weren''t at the game we were truly truly awful

We are gone I am afraid[/quote]I wasn''t at the game yesterday but I was at Stoke.There we were truly truly good.....( apologies if you''re Waveney and this reply is wasting everyone''s energy )[/quote]

Yup, I was there too and but for Gary O''Neil losing his rag I am confident we wouldn''t have lost that one.