Sign in to follow this  
Wilfred Grimsdale

Colchester 7 Norwich 1

The last time I left a match early was this game. We were so poor today I repeated it.

I don''t mind spending the time and money following the canaries but when I see utter sh@t like this it is just so hard to take.

Neil and the team were a disgrace today. Fans were great there better be a reaction against Liverpool

[quote user="The Wise Shepherd"]The last time I left a match early was this game. We were so poor today I repeated it.

I don''t mind spending the time and money following the canaries but when I see utter sh@t like this it is just so hard to take.

Neil and the team were a disgrace today. Fans were great there better be a reaction against Liverpool[/quote]I remember that game, Cody scored.Maybe McNally will poach Howe from Bournemouth and he will become the new Messiah? [:D]

I left early too Waveney. It was similar to that hot August day, where our spirits were high, only to be crushed and humiliated. But at least then we had the whole season to turn it around, with our relegation today it''s back to the Champs and losing all our good players. Sad day for City.

[quote user="The Wise Shepherd"][quote user="lappinitup"]Poor Waveney, nobody takes him seriously. [:(][/quote]

Agreed with Tilly today that I would meet you guys after the Liverpool game. Looking forward to it[/quote][Y] [B]

So by your reckoning you thought we performed better at St James'' Park earlier this season?

Apart from Colchester, Newcastle away is (without doubt) the worst I have seen Norwich perform in recent memory. Today, though we were poor, was not even close to these.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]So by your reckoning you thought we performed better at St James'' Park earlier this season?

Apart from Colchester, Newcastle away is (without doubt) the worst I have seen Norwich perform in recent memory. Today, though we were poor, was not even close to these.[/quote]Yes there were periods in the Newcastle game where we were comically bad. But, ultimately, we were 3-2 behind and totally dominating the match when he brought Hoolahan on for Tettey, we lost the shape and we got buried. Today we completely capitulated, let them play around us and didn''t come close to getting into the game.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]So by your reckoning you thought we performed better at St James'' Park earlier this season?

Apart from Colchester, Newcastle away is (without doubt) the worst I have seen Norwich perform in recent memory. Today, though we were poor, was not even close to these.[/quote]Yes there were periods in the Newcastle game where we were comically bad. But, ultimately, we were 3-2 behind and totally dominating the match when he brought Hoolahan on for Tettey, we lost the shape and we got buried. Today we completely capitulated, let them play around us and didn''t come close to getting into the game.[/quote]

This ^^

At least Newcastle we were attacking. After that game we lost that attacking intent. The difference in our play between the B''mouth home and away games this season is gigantic.

[quote user="The Wise Shepherd"]The last time I left a match early was this game. We were so poor today I repeated it.

Neil and the team were a disgrace today. Fans were great there better be a reaction against Liverpool[/quote]It was actually:Norwich 1 Colchester 7Norwich won the away fixture 5-0.

SeattleCanary wrote: "............ At least Newcastle we were attacking. After that game we lost that attacking intent. The difference in our play between the B''mouth home and away games this season is gigantic."
Yes, there was a change of approach following the Newcastle game, because AN realised we could not afford to carry on as we were. You refer to the home game against Bournemouth, which we won 3:1. But that was one of only two matches we won in our first eleven games (the other being Sunderland away). Our record after 11 matches was:  Position 16, GD -8, Points 9. We have now played a further 11 matches, the equivalent stats being: Position 16, GD -6, Points 14. If we had simply carried on as before and duplicated the results of the first 11 games in matches 12 to 22, we would now be bracketed with Sunderland in the bottom three on 18 points with a GD of -16. 
An alternative way of summarising it:  over the first 11 games we managed to accrue 27% of the available points; over the next 11 games we''ve accrued 42%. The significance of that improvement is clear if you consider that there are 16 games still to play, representing 48 available points. If we were to carry on as we did over the first 11 games we would add only 13 points to our current 23; if we can reproduce our second 11 matches, we will add 20 points. 
The change of approach was necessary and has demonstrably paid off. Those who want AN to revert to being less defensive are asking for us to be relegated.

so wilfred, if howe our new messiah???????????? does he excite you as lambert did?

remind me who came out top between lambert and hughton yesterday?? thats all ancient history.

Yes good points Westcoast. It is a strategy which has worked. We are not at the stage of having 3 yo 4 years in the league and being able to attract the kind of players like Bojan and Shakiri or Mirallas for example.

Incidentally in terms of game management look back on Lambo''s record. He nearly always brought on subs between 62 and 68 minutes. Just check the records. Mind you he had a wonderful record and the turn round in games and last minute goals will never be forgotten.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Wise Shepherd"][quote user="lappinitup"]Poor Waveney, nobody takes him seriously. [:(][/quote]

Agreed with Tilly today that I would meet you guys after the Liverpool game. Looking forward to it[/quote][Y] [B][/quote]I had better give you the heads up Lapps that Waveney is a Jock so he won''t be getting a round in. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Wise Shepherd"][quote user="lappinitup"]Poor Waveney, nobody takes him seriously. [:(][/quote]

Agreed with Tilly today that I would meet you guys after the Liverpool game. Looking forward to it[/quote][Y] [B][/quote]I had better give you the heads up Lapps that Waveney is a Jock so he won''t be getting a round in. [;)][/quote]If Waveney meets us in the Nelson after the game, will that make him part of the inner circle?[:|]

[quote user="morty"]If Waveney meets us in the Nelson after the game, will that make him part of the inner circle?[:|][/quote]You have to become a Nelson Numpty first. [:P]