Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Wise words by David Moyes

Says young managers need time and support. Norwich/ Bournemouth are going to be towards the bottom of the premier league having just come up and will have lean spells.

well said Mr Moyes now can we take note from a man whos been there and support our very good and promising manager from now to the end of the season and beyond.

He alo mentioned about bringing young players through - and that is something that AN could emulate, with the Murphy brothers and one or two others in the running for a step up.   We often talk about bringing players from lower leagues who might do well at the top level amd at some point these two players in particular will have done enough to get involved in the first team squad at the highest level.  If we stay up I hope they will make a real impact next season, along with Louis Thompson and maybe some thers.  

Bristol, just look through the forum there are a few -and I do mean a few - good time Charlie''s who are suggesting sacking him!! of course with no suggestion of who to replace him with!

LDC, I agree fully with the sentiment it''s the best part of being in the lower divisions IMO see the youngsters come through, although I don''t think the Murphy boys are ready yet ( highlights on the telly) I also think the financial to stay in the PL is to high to gamble when you are a team like Norwich. It''s fine with teams like Spurs and Everton who are mid table teams.

Norwich have spent NOTHING so far this season! Alex Neil is just another of a long line of managers like Walker, O''Neill, Lambert etc who have not been supported by the board financially - only in rhetoric.

We may well get the oppurtunity of which Lakey mentions next season, if we go down, and i see no reason to suggest we wont. Klose and Naismith are far from in the bag, so we may end up going with what we have. If that scenario does happen,  Alex (yes w/e the outcome this season we need to keep him)  has a big job cleaning this squad, we cannot rely on the Martins and Whittakers and Bassongs to once again lead a promotion charge.Would prefer Alex to bring in the young talent that supposedly have been slowly maturing these last 2 or 3 yrs. The Murphys, Louis Thompson, Toffolo, to name but a few. Even the scenario where we somehow survive in the Prem, there are huge challenges ahead for Alex and City. If we even got Klose and Naismith, its only scratching the surface, the team needs  major surgery, Also yes hes a young manager, and has bags of potential, but he has played 22 PL games  as manager but yet to find the right formation or system  for City to really get a grip on the PL situation, and that concerns me.

I thought the same thing when I heard him TGD. The word which stood out for me was patience - something which is often in short supply on this forum.

Alex Neil is the right man, currently dealing with inadequate tools of the trade.

We should invest resource in the squad and time in Alex Neil - it should give us a great three years if we do.

Patience from fans? they already want to sell players out of form and ban squad members for one bad tackle. The club need to be firm in their resolve to build around alex for the short to mid term

The audited accounts show the club spends all available resources every year. It is concerning that some people are so ignorant that they are not aware of this basic financial reality.

The simple fact is, if we spend BIG or bigger than we can afford..we would be more likely to end up like Bolton, Leeds, etc than United, Spurs and Arsenal. And football nowadays is all about finance.