Sign in to follow this  
gitto

Positivity

I wager if Norwich had started the game against Bournemouth with Mbokani, up top with Jerome, Hoolahan and Redmond just behind in a three and taken the game to Bournemouth like City took the game to Middlesbrough in the play off final there would have been a different result. City should have gone for the jugular against a team that got stuffed mid week at home by West Ham. Lack of Positivty I''m afraid.

[quote user="gitto"]I wager if Norwich had started the game against Bournemouth with Mbokani, up top with Jerome, Hoolahan and Redmond just behind in a three and taken the game to Bournemouth like City took the game to Middlesbrough in the play off final there would have been a different result. City should have gone for the jugular against a team that got stuffed mid week at home by West Ham. Lack of Positivty I''m afraid.[/quote]Out of interest what would have been your full lineup and formation after shoehorning all those players in?

Rudd, Martin, Bennet basssong, Brady, Tettey, Howson, Redmond, Hoolahan, Jerome, Mbokani. When City lined up like that for 15 or so minutes they looked far more effective and positive and more of a threat.

Here''s some more positivity, Stoke are really good at defending and may yet catch Arsenal on the break, no surprise we found it tough with ten men.

[quote user="gitto"]Rudd, Martin, Bennet basssong, Brady, Tettey, Howson, Redmond, Hoolahan, Jerome, Mbokani. When City lined up like that for 15 or so minutes they looked far more effective and positive and more of a threat.[/quote]So, a 4-4-2 with Hoolahan on the left wing.No, all it was, was that Bournemouth had effectively won the game at that point, so they were happy to let us have the ball.We''re really not good enough to play 4-4-2, especially away from home.We may have looked a threat, but we still didn''t score, did we?

"We''re really not good enough to play 4-4-2, especially away from home."

Well we''re not good enough to play 4-4-1-1 judging by Saturday''s result so it wouldn''t hurt to mix things up a bit would it?

When Jerome came on yesterday he played wide on the left in a three behind Mbokani, with Redmond and Hoolahan as the other two of the three

[quote user="gitto"]When Jerome came on yesterday City went to a 4-2-3-1 formation.[/quote]How did it work out? I couldn''t get tickets for yesterday and had to listen on the radio, and kinda zoned out when it was obvious the game was gone.

There were signs of positivity from individuals yesyerday, but it was such a disjointed effort that it was just frustrating to watch.  The positivity has to be collective rather than individual and for whatever reason, it just didn''t work.  I sympathise with the op and his sentiment of attacking more - really go for it and attack from the word go, we might still ship goals, but we might score  few more as well.  Realistically though, it''s unlikely to happen with the pressure of the modern game.  Have to put yesterday down as a bad day at the office and try to be collectively better next time out, whatever the formation and team selection.