Sign in to follow this  
ViewfromtheJarrold

Russell Martin (Again)

How many more times will he be shown to be the weak link in our defence!

I accept the defence as a whole didn''t perform well yesterday but it is obvious to me that BMuff targeted him yesterday - And three goals came from it!

I''m fed up with the ''he''s a great guy'' talk.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH - SIMPLE!

He is also the secret funder for IS. All that trouble in the Middle East=Russell Martin.

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]How many more times will he be shown to be the weak link in our defence!

I accept the defence as a whole didn''t perform well yesterday but it is obvious to me that BMuff targeted him yesterday - And three goals came from it!

I''m fed up with the ''he''s a great guy'' talk.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH - SIMPLE![/quote]

Fair play, he warrants another thread. Abysmal. Every team targets him. This Martin love in bollox surely has to stop now. All goals came from that side. AGAIN.

[quote user="ball bag"][quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]How many more times will he be shown to be the weak link in our defence!

I''m fed up with the ''he''s a great guy'' talk.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH - SIMPLE![/quote]

Fair play, he warrants another thread. Abysmal. Every team targets him. This Martin love in bollox surely has to stop now. All goals came from that side. AGAIN.[/quote]Can you point out where this happened, I don''t remember seeing it?All of our players have their limitations, you could frankly scapegoat any one of them.

Why weren''t people blaming the RB or LB when Russ was CB and goals went in? It''s ok if someone else allows a cross to come in then as long as the scapegoat is not playing there?

It seems it''s his fault for every goal even when it''s clearly not.

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]Why weren''t people blaming the RB or LB when Russ was CB and goals went in? It''s ok if someone else allows a cross to come in then as long as the scapegoat is not playing there?

It seems it''s his fault for every goal even when it''s clearly not.[/quote]Because they are a bit dim?

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Ooops the self acclaimed Thread Police are out.........slap myself on tjhe wrist for starting a new thread on the same subject!

Send me to the Gallows......[/quote]

Policing threads is Hermans whole life let him have some pleasure ☺

Is it really that hard to look at the page and think "Oh look, theres a thread on exactly the same subject I want to brain fart about"?

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Ooops the self acclaimed Thread Police are out.........slap myself on tjhe wrist for starting a new thread on the same subject!

Send me to the Gallows......[/quote]

Policing threads is Hermans whole life let him have some pleasure ☺[/quote]I haven''t policed this one.

See below for what posted on the other thread, but hey why not post it (Again)?

All this yet he was our third highest rated player by whoscored, behind Mbokani and Brady.

Yet again he was left unprotected by the right midfield, even going back to Snoddy, our RFB has always been left pretty much on his own, or far more so than he should be, whoever it has been.

Figures from yesterday;

Tackles; RM 4, Brady 5

Interceptions; RM 1, Brady 0

Blocks; RM 5, Brady 3

Clearances; RM 5, Brady 3

Total RM 15, Brady 11.

RM was up against Pugh, their star player, he got in 2 crosses from 23 passes (11.76%) Brady was up against Stanislas, he got in 8 crosses from 32 passes (25%).

Go figure!

Not sure how whoscored arrive at player rating but I suspect the above figures impact.

Seriously though perhaps some people might want to get there point across without adding it to the end of 6 pages of bickering and infighting that anyone actually interested in the original subject of the thread has long given up on?

Don''t think Martin was any worse or any better than any of the other back four.
The fact is if Russel Martin had played the exact same game Bennett did at CB vs Stoke there''d be cries to drop him immediately from the team. There is no love in, just a load of unnecessary criticism that the occasional poster (ala me) decides to prove wrong, easily, with facts, such as Ray''s.

Ehat Martin has done in the past for this club counts for very little, I''m afraid. Football is a revolving business, and Russ has had his time.

If Norwich ever is to become an established Premier side, we can not let sentimental stuff influence the team too much. In the case of Martin, sentimental stuff IS influencing, in addition to the terrible choice of having him as captain (makes him less likely to be dropped).

Gref, if what Russ has done in the past counts for very little what did he do yesterday to warrant being singled out the way he has been since?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Pugh boyrnemouths star player 😂

He only played because Ritchie wasn''t fit. No guessing why he was the best player yesterday.....[/quote]

Probably because our right midfield couldn''t be ar*ed (or can''t) put in a shift to help out the RB, but even so, according to whoscored he only got 2 crosses in, Stanislas against Brady got 8 in.

So on that basis, Brady should be getting 4 x the stick RM is getting for allowing crosses, also don''t recall RM getting beaten so easily at the far post or Brady reading the game well enough to get back on the line to make a clearance, but hey ho!

Didn''t he get back and clear that one off the line too?

People NEED someone to blame when we''re rubbish, there''s a long list of boo boys. Martin may not be the most gifted player in the squad, but he certainly is not the obvious weak link people try and make him out to be.