Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

team for Liverpool....in an ideal world.

"if" the things we hear might happen this week happen.......

Rudd

Pinto Klose Bassong(although he''s on thin ice) Olsson

Howson Tettey

Redmond Naismith Brady

Mbokani

please no square pegs in round holes.

please play our best left back at left back and then decide which of Brady/Jarvis is better in left midfield.

.....and "if", we sign Naismith , play him when he can do most damage....not wide left or right.

what it does also highlight is that a central midfielder is almost as much as a priority as defence/striker.....I''ve put Howson in there as he''s the best of an average bunch to pick from alongside Tettey. Dorrans/Mulumbu havenst convinced so far...its a sad state when O''Neil has now become so relied upon.

what''s your team?

I''d swap Redmond for VOO, and Bennett for Bassong. Still think Gary O''Neil is one of our best centre mids, despite his silly moment of madness on Wednesday.

I''d swap VOO for Redmond, and Bennett for Bassong. Still think Gary O''Neil is one of our best centre mids, despite his silly moment of madness on Wednesday.

Pretty sure Olsson will be recalled, and Brady moved forward. Jarvis benched.

The real dilemma is who to play on the right.

The entire right side needs an overhaul, due to loss of form, and poor players.

VOO is not a right sided mid. He is an central attacking midfielder, and could play in the Wes role.

Howson is not a right mid either, but we lack options when Redmond is so terribly off form.

I guess, if Brady plays LM, then Redmond will start on RM, with Howson next to Tettey as DM, Wes behind Jerome.

I hope Pinto is ready, as Martin should be shown the door soon. Not up to it at this level.

maybe its because we got a "side view" of the pitch yesterday, but watching VOO down the right, he was absolutely terrible and didnt seem to be sure of his role/duties.

would appear to be better as an impact sub at the moment.

It''ll most likely be;

Rudd

Pinto Bennett Bassong Brady

Tettey Mulumbu/Dorrans

Howson Jarvis

Hoolahan

Mbokani

Klose, coming from the winter break in Germany, will probably not be ready right away.

As seen from Kirchoff of Sunderland vs Spurs. Way off the pace.

Presumably, we''ve bought Pinto as a starter at RB. Equally, Klose must help organisation of our porous defence so must play. Olsson short start at LB.

RUDD

PINTO KLOSE BASSONG OLSSON

Howson and Tettey the only two who looked interested yesterday and should play. Redmond appeared disinterested. VOO seemed not to understand the role expected. Not Wes'' best game so let''s get a form player in the team. NaIsmith has to come in.

HOWSON TETTEY

NAISMITH HOOPER BRADY

Nothing to choose between Jerome or Mbokani. We needed Afobe who was excellent yesterday. On balance, Jerome is better at holding up the ball

JEROME

Highland, Pinto comes from a winter break, so will Klose do, if he arrives, and Naismith carries an ancle injury.

Likely none of them will be ready for a start, but maybe sub appearance?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Presumably, we''ve bought Pinto as a starter at RB. Equally, Klose must help organisation of our porous defence so must play. Olsson short start at LB.

RUDD

Howson and Tettey the only two who looked interested yesterday and should play. Redmond appeared disinterested. VOO seemed not to understand the role expected. Not Wes'' best game so let''s get a form player in the team. NaIsmith has to come in.

HOWSON TETTEY

NAISMITH HOOPER BRADY

Nothing to choose between Jerome or Mbokani. We needed Afobe who was excellent yesterday. On balance, Jerome is better at holding up the ball

JEROME[/quote]Get over it, he didn''t want to come here. You may as well moan about not having Aguerro.

Pinto should absolutely be ready to start next week - he was only on mid-season break and has been here long enough to be up to speed: if he''s not been bought as a starter then tbh I don''t see why we bothered. I think we''d be unlikely to throw any other new signings in, unless Naismith finally signs and is actually fit.

Think the OP team looks ok, On the square peg round hole point, I think that team has two left footed/sided centre backs, so for mine I''ve added one and gone wing backs. :)

Rudd

Bennett Klose Bassong

Pinto Olsson

Tettey

Howson Brady

Naismith

Mbokani

Subs. Ruddy Martin Wes Odjidja Jerome

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Presumably, we''ve bought Pinto as a starter at RB. Equally, Klose must help organisation of our porous defence so must play. Olsson short start at LB.

RUDD

HOWSON TETTEY

NAISMITH HOOPER BRADY

JEROME[/quote]Get over it, he didn''t want to come here. You may as well moan about not having Aguerro.[/quote]

He''s allowed to write whatever he likes. You don''t have to read it. Constantly calling posters out just bullying.

brady has been caught on a couple of crosses in the last couple of games, and imo he is a better midfielder than left back.

however olsson also concedes too many of these types of goals so its not a new problem, and brady is both better going forward than olsson, more disciplined positionally and overall a better defender than olsson. I agree we play our best left back - which is the premier league IS brady.

A position to strengthen in the summer as the least weak of the defensive positions. No one should be surprised - we basically have the same back 4 from last time we were relegated but older and slower. Klose or another cant sign soon enough for me.

My starting XI?

Rudd

Pinto Klose Bassong Brady

Tettey

Howson Naismith Voo Jarvis

Jerome

Wes and Redmond are off form so on bench, but on form would be in the starting XI; neither are suddenly awful players needing selling shown by being directly involved in +50% of our goals (more if include more than just the assist) - The problem is that the rest of the shower cant create for toffee.

As for the XI - Jarvis & VOO need to be far more influential than yesterday, and Howson needs to play like he did in the last 20 minutes of the match (after game lost, higher up pitch) and not as he did in his first poor 70mins.

Rudd

Pinto Klose Bennett Brady

Tettey

Howson Naismith Voo Jarvis

loza

fed up with the non scoring strikers trying something new if he is good enough time for the boy to make a name for himself

Can''t see him thrusting Pinto in against Liverpool. Klose hasn''t played since mid December(?) and Naismith is injured according to Martinez.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Can''t see him thrusting Pinto in against Liverpool. Klose hasn''t played since mid December(?) and Naismith is injured according to Martinez. [/quote]

Getting all the good deals in then.... Jesus! Neil out!

Oops just read the context of the thread. If Klose were here and fit and assuming he''s right footed it''s likely Benno who will make way.In keeping with the spirit of the thread:Rudd(y), Pinto, Klose, Bassong, OllsonRedmond, Howson, Tettey, BradyNaismithDave.

[quote user="grefstad"]Klose, coming from the winter break in Germany, will probably not be ready right away.

As seen from Kirchoff of Sunderland vs Spurs. Way off the pace.[/quote]Pinto only had about 12 days of his winter break before training with us, Naismith hasnt played for weeks.We need players to hit the road running not those not up to pace

Klose is left footed, so presumably is seen as an upgrade on Bassong if we''re looking not to have square pegs in round holes. AN has also said he sees Brady predominantly as a left back.

As others have said, if Pinto wasn''t match fit neither would Klose be ready to go straight in. I don''t think they''ll be many changes of personnel from the last couple of games. The main difference will be they won''t have schlepped up and down the country in preparation for this match. Nor chased around with ten men for an hour - thanks again for that Gaz, and our midfield is weaker without you. Double bubble.

i had read that klose was right footed although dont know for sure so he could be left footed - the only reference I can find is on http://uk.soccerway.com/players/timm-klose/85673/

First name Timm

Last name Klose

NationalitySwitzerland

Date of birth9 May 1988

Age 27

Country of birthGermany

Place of birthFrankfurt am Main

Position Defender

Height 193 cm

Weight 87 kg

Foot Right

either way I would still play him with bassong. plenty of two right footed partnerships. Best defenders start for me

in actuality.....given that the "majority" of footballers are naturally, biologically right footed, when attacking they will instinctively show onto their right foot......therefore being confronted by two left footed centre halves, as opposed to two right footed ,would be a tougher proposition if anything??

In a ideal world Mbokani will be nowhere near the team his one on one lob yesterday was truly laughable , how some of these people get paid big money is beyond me he would struggle in a Sunday pub side .

morty wrote the following post at 17/01/2016 11:06 AM:

We needed Afobe who was excellent yesterday. On balance, Jerome is better at holding up the ball JEROME

Get over it, he didn''t want to come here. You may as well moan about not having Aguerro.

Morty you continue to spout utter garbage

Afobe did not come to Norwich because we did not offer Wolves the Transfer fee they wanted - simple as that

You pay the right fee you get the player

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Presumably, we''ve bought Pinto as a starter at RB. Equally, Klose must help organisation of our porous defence so must play. Olsson short start at LB.

RUDD

HOWSON TETTEY

NAISMITH HOOPER BRADY

JEROME[/quote]

Funny how a few weeks changes opinions. A few weeks ago Mbokani was better than Jerome and better at holding the ball up. Now, a few weeks on and his goal threat has dried up, and he''s no better than what we had.