Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Naismith, Klose and Pinto

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="Samwam27"]These three would be great additions, and really improve upon what we have got. I think Naysmith will be more direct than Wes, and likely to pose more of a threat by pitching in with more goals (great as Wes has been)

Wil be interesting to see who Klose replaces if he signs?

It sounds like Hoops may be on his way (I''d still like to see him stay & play off Jerome or Mbokani-nothing beats confidence and he now has it back) so we need to look at adding up front. I could see us go for Gayle, who would at least give us something different. Haller is a good looking gamble but thats a waiting game[/quote]

If Klose signs, maybe Russell Martin will depart to Blackburn?...[/quote]

That is something I hadn''t thought about Mustard. I can see him going in the summer but not now

[quote user="birchfest"]Being widely reported that the deal has gone through for Klose, expect conformation soon....[/quote]Yeah saw a clip on Twitter of the BT sport European football show, saying so.They were very complimentary about Klose too.

Indeed anyone interested get onto Micheal baileys Twitter and watch the video from BT sports analysis of this. They talk about the deal in past tense, and seem to think that Klose was Wolfsburgs best defender last season and are surprised to see him go! Could be a great bit of business this, cultured with champions league experience... Hopefully give Rudd the protection he needs!

Hopefully Naismith''s arrival will raise the enthusiasm and work-rate of the squad.

Liverpool at home would be a great be but for him, providing he is clear of injury.....

Fingers crossed its done today or at the latest tomorrow...

Certainly looking like the perfect remedy for Saturday, some positivity for the fans and staff alike. What''s more, I don''t think that''s us done in the window just yet. Still time for the rumours about Gayle, Bamford or dare I say later in the window even Haller to come to be.

Be great if they are both announced together at one news conference, especially for the twits saying the board has no ambition.

[quote user="birchfest"]Fingers crossed its done today or at the latest tomorrow...

Certainly looking like the perfect remedy for Saturday, some positivity for the fans and staff alike. What''s more, I don''t think that''s us done in the window just yet. Still time for the rumours about Gayle, Bamford or dare I say later in the window even Haller to come to be.[/quote]

Exacly, I am kind of expecting a loan signing now we bought jarvis or what was the point in doing that?

A loan could be on the cards though I half feel that one of the reasons we got Jarvis was almost if the worst was to happen, he would be a formidable player in the league below. Now we have covered ourselves to have him if the worst should happen.

In terms of players we could get in on loan I''m struggling though to think who could come in that would make a difference or we couldn''t sign on a permanent

Would still love to see a player of Loic Remy/Andros Townsends calibre sign either permanently or loan in this transfer window.

Pinto, Godfrey, Klose, Naismith, Townsend/Remy would be a great window!

Can''t think of many either but wouldn''t mind a punt on bamford. I don''t think he''s far off being an effective striker at this level.

Remy would be a huge signing, though wages and the players own ambition would be a stumbling block, he must be on 100K plus a week I''d imagine at Chelsea.

Townsend would be a good shout, but I wonder if Neil would feel we had that style of player with Redmond, Brady and Jarvis

[quote] user="Tettey''s Jig"]Can''t think of many either but wouldn''t mind a punt on bamford. I don''t think he''s far off being an effective striker at this level.[/quote]

It''s a possibility that Bamford could be Austin''s replacement at QPR, he''s already had half a season not playing in the Premier League, looks like he''ll plump for playing in the Championship.

If this is anywhere near being accurate, this is why David McNally gets his bonus![URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsz9g3qwyt.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsz9g3qwyt.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Heard that too. Like I say, we aren''t spoilt for choice for loaders but it would be nice to have another option up top. I don''t think any of the current options are the answer. Mbokani is good in flashes but seems to have to drop too deep that it compromises his goal threat. Perhaps naismith behind him will alleviate this.

[quote user="morty"]If this is anywhere near being accurate, this is why David McNally gets his bonus![URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsz9g3qwyt.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsz9g3qwyt.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]It is nowhere near accurate, since if he is including the money for Johnson from the summer then he has to include what we paid out in the summer, for Brady, Dorrans and Mbokani (loan fee). And he has left out buying Jarvis. It makes sense to wait to see what figures are quoted for Naismith and Klose - IF we buy them - but if those deals go through then our net spend on course to be way more than £2m. And we have yet to sell Hooper.

I''ve a horrible feeling that ''net spend of £2M in the January transfer window'' is about to become the next ''example of a club with no ambishun'' argument.

You aren''t denying his fact is true though. Of course there''s holes in a simple twitter fact but if you compare the 6 players listed, I know which 3 I''d rather.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I''ve a horrible feeling that ''net spend of £2M in the January transfer window'' is about to become the next ''example of a club with no ambishun'' argument.[/quote]

People forget there is more to a transfer than the fee. Even playing football manager shows that :-P

In reality, there was some documents released in summer about Bournemouth trying to buy Carrillo from SCP which shows how complex it all is. I would think we arevpaying wages to pinto, naismith and klose incomparable to what we paid grabban, Johnson and hooper (well maybe not the latter).