Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Naismith, Klose and Pinto

Reading a lot of posts these last two weeks and especially the negativity yesterday, I''ve been wondering whether we will actually spend as much as we have ever spent in our history in a January window..(..could end up being just overs £20m) and then go on to create some space between the bottom 3 over the next 2 months?

For me, securing a new CB, refreshing the RB position with someone of greater recovery speed and adding a new attacking dimension ( perhaps supplemented on deadline day by a loan striker too), will mean safety.

But spending doesn''t always translate into points. So, for all the moaners on this forum (and those more seasoned fans with a greater sense of perspective of who we are), will £20m make you more happy about our prospects or will you still be calling for the managers head again in a few weeks time?

If we got those 3 then that would fill the main 3 positions that fans were concerned about, pre-January. They would all be an upgrade on what we currently have, so that should be a win/win in most peoples eyes, but we''ll see...............

No negative nancy takers yet sonyc. You are giving them a chance to bemoan things, but then that would involve foresight, which none of them like using.

It''s a shame, because this is a good thread.

These three would be great additions, and really improve upon what we have got. I think Naysmith will be more direct than Wes, and likely to pose more of a threat by pitching in with more goals (great as Wes has been)

Wil be interesting to see who Klose replaces if he signs?

It sounds like Hoops may be on his way (I''d still like to see him stay & play off Jerome or Mbokani-nothing beats confidence and he now has it back) so we need to look at adding up front. I could see us go for Gayle, who would at least give us something different. Haller is a good looking gamble but thats a waiting game

Is Klose a left-sided centreback?

Are we possibly in for an out and out striker as well if Haller visited Colney. I think we need to strengthen the forward line (not an inbetweener like Naismith), esp with Grabban going and Hooper / Lafferty likely to go.

If we sign those players staying in this division would still be really tough. But if we managed it we''d hopefully have three quality players fully integrated and ready to show their worth from the start of next season.

I think if we complete the signing of those three then we will have done the bare minimum, that we probably should have done last summer.It will still be tough, but survival should become a little bit more achievable. But we have to keep moving forward and improving, you can''t stand still in this league.

Agree Morty.

Other than Haller, What we don''t know is who else Norwich might be looking at (they are traditionally good at keeping they''re cards close to their chest)

Didn''t AN state at the start of the window that he was looking to strengthen up front?

3 really good signings if all come through, a shame we couldn''t bring in that calibre of player in the summer when it was needed. That said we would have strengthened in all the required areas. I''d like to think we''re still looking to bring in a few more, especially with the loan spot now free

Looks like all 3 will sign all being well. The Haller situation suggests we are looking for an out and and striker as well. That deal is dead but hopefully someone else is in the pipeline.

I would like to see a good DM as well-don''t think the players we have at the moment have that quality we need to really strengthen the spine of the team.

I''m hopeful that the other two could both be ours as early as next week if the speculation is true, a step up indeed of what we have. What''s more finally we can stop reading the '' doing it on the cheap'' and lack of ambition posts aimed at the board.

Still agree though that with Hopper looking likely to leave I''d want another out and out striker in. I still think Haller might be a goer, but possibly later on in the window if he has no where else to go. And if we manage to get Naismith then I wouldn''t feel so put out at Gayle coming in, provided it''s for a sub 4 million fee.

[quote user="Samwam27"]These three would be great additions, and really improve upon what we have got. I think Naysmith will be more direct than Wes, and likely to pose more of a threat by pitching in with more goals (great as Wes has been)

Wil be interesting to see who Klose replaces if he signs?

It sounds like Hoops may be on his way (I''d still like to see him stay & play off Jerome or Mbokani-nothing beats confidence and he now has it back) so we need to look at adding up front. I could see us go for Gayle, who would at least give us something different. Haller is a good looking gamble but thats a waiting game[/quote]

If Klose signs, maybe Russell Martin will depart to Blackburn?...

I reckon it may be a good bet that neither Naismith or Klose will end up at Norwich. I reckon neither will want to go to Norwich

[quote user="gitto"]I reckon it may be a good bet that neither Naismith or Klose will end up at Norwich. I reckon neither will want to go to Norwich[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpslaoikwbq.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpslaoikwbq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You beat me to it Morty, looking like this one hopefully could be done by tomorrow and we might get our first glimps of a back line with pinto and Klose on Saturday... If we can just finish the Naismith deal and this will go from a slow to excellent window, with the potential to get better!

[quote user="gitto"]Well bless my soul. Is it really true?[/quote]I would trust Paddy Davit, yeah.

I read Sunderland are sending a rep over today to look at Haller , if he were to sign for them it would show it was just not enough money on offer here . Somebody on wotb said Talksport said we are after Rhodes now but Blackburn want £13million , hes right out of form this season but at least he will fit in with our snail like attacking .

As others have said even with Naismith, Klose and even if we can land Haller, it would still be hard to survive this league.

Newcastle, Sunderland and Bournemouth are and have spent money too.

Let''s face it a lot of people on here we''re quick to jump on how great Dorrans & Mulumbu were and how they would add quality, well that hasn''t worked out too well.....

Time support and get behind the team each game and enjoy the season, we don''t hav mega rich owners so if we stay up it will be hard earned.

True, but then you could say the Brady has added to the quality on the balance and Mbokani could still go on to have an impact.

Nothing is certain in this league, and feverish buying doesn''t mean survival as we have seen all to often. However on the balance of our good performances and what we appear to be lacking in the poor games, this trio would certainly be a strong and well thought out attempt to push on and find some consistency.

Newcastle are the only team out of the current bottom 3 I could see really finding momentum, which leaves us in the mix with Bournmouth and Swansea for that other spot.

I don''t know if anyone''s posted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DRennie180/status/688697864730611712

I wonder where the ''new start'' is??

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Of all the kn0bs on here CanaryOne, you''re rapidly turning into my favourite.[/quote]Thank you , the truth has always been hard to swallow on this board far to many over 70 Delia lovers always nice to hit them with a bit of realism .

These players are again ok players in this league not good ones but if they fit into Mr nears plans who are we to question it