Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Here's the deal Delia!.

Delia Smith:

In your latest statement/PR quote, you clearly back that inept manager Worthy, citing injuries as an excuse for our awful form.

So be it.

I also hold a viewpoint, so come Saturday, instead of spending £30 plus as usual on Norwich City FC, I''ll spend it elsewhere.

Thats the deal, your continued support of NW exposes your lack of knowledge about the game and City supporters in general, a bit like NW himself really!.

I would urge all match going supporters to follow my lead and boycott FCR for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Its our only option now after Ms Smith''s latest statement.

I can see where you coming from Wiz, but still think we should get behind the team as much as possible, I dont want to follow the lead of the board and fiddle while carrow road burns, the little I can do is turn up and support the players and thats what I will do, the manager no, the board no.

However my own little protest is to write to the club (which I did following Luton), to not spend any other money (other than on my monthly season ticket payment) than I have to, no program, nothing from the club shop, and to do my eating and drinking elsewhere, it maybe a small thing but I feel shows my support for the players but discontent with the current management.

Wiz, what would it achieve if everyone followed your example and boycotted the Shef Wed game. Let''s say the lads come out to an empty ground and lose. The blame will lie not with the manager but with the supporters for failing to back their team.

Wiz

That''s completely the wrong reaction.   You know that the words that Delia allegedly wrote weren''t hers - they were blatant spin and PR.

The team needs all the support it can get - it''s not them that are the problem, it''s the manager.   They may be playing like a bunch of muppets at the moment but who inspired them to play that way?

I don''t really want to see this club go down the slippery road of demonstration and boycotts again, I am sure there is a much better way than this.

A gathering of several hundred supporters outside the AGM would make things really sticky for those inside.

The worrying thing is wiz that i agree with you, some how we have to make them see sense.

[quote]Delia Smith: In your latest statement/PR quote, you clearly back that inept manager Worthy, citing injuries as an excuse for our awful form. So be it. I also hold a viewpoint, so come Saturday, in...[/quote]

Ok, yeh you do that Wiz. But through thick and thin you support you club and believe, imo. and plus ive paid a fair large amount for my season ticket, therefore im going to make sure that i attend as many matches as possible!

Also, 3:00 k.o on saturdays at FCR, good atmosphere, surrounded by 20,000+ other passionate yellow and green supporters...nothing better! lol

Lets be Havin you boys!!!!!!

[quote]Ok, yeh you do that Wiz. But through thick and thin you support you club and believe, imo. and plus ive paid a fair large amount for my season ticket, therefore im going to make sure that i attend as ...[/quote]

But what will the atmosphere be like at 4.50pm on Saturday JP?. That''s my concern in all this, any confidence I had in City, has been destroyed by the manager!.

I agree with Wiz on this one. For if we all turn up at carrow road as usual,singing shouting,moaning or whatever & supporting the lads on the pitch  then theoreticly we are also supporting are usless manager & the board! You honestly think some of the players out there care if they play infront of 20,000 or 10,000? It isnt going to affect there pockets! He has to go & go NOW!

If only the worthy backers who have gradually turned against him this season had listened to whiz,myself & others from this board last season instead of living in the past because he got us promoted then we may well not have been in this situation now. Im not saying through us moaning on the pink-un boards we could or would oust worthless but obviously the media are picking up on things & i dare say one or two players have came on ere recently! Some players probably think the same as us,we have all seen there puzzled faces during substitutions but they cant speak freely or they will get fined!

And think where the Club would be without the fans - season tickets, merchandising, buying shares to raise money for players. Consequently, I do not like the condescending rhetoric that is coming out of Carrow Road right now, whereby it appears that we''re being treated like numpties whose opinion is worthless (no pun intended!).

OK, bye. Can you hand your ticket to someone on the 2000 long waiting list then? Maybe they''ll ''support'' the club.

I''ve paid for my ticket (not £30... where did you pay that much for a Sheff Wed ticket?!) so I''ll be there, cheering and enjoying my football. If we play well and win I suspect the mood will be very good. Who knows.

Ah yes, if only we''d listened to the doubters sooner.... say, early in the 2003/4 season when they were saying ''Worthy is not the right man to get us promotion''. No, not then I guess. I also told everyone we''d get relegated. See, I was right.

[quote]OK, bye. Can you hand your ticket to someone on the 2000 long waiting list then? Maybe they''ll ''support'' the club. I''ve paid for my ticket (not £30... where did you pay that much for a Sheff Wed tick...[/quote]

I''m sure you know I live in Lowestoft Amarillo, therefore petrol + ticket, food etc, means I would spend on average £30-£35 a game.

It ain''t rocket science as Ms Smith says!.

And no, my ticket is not available, that would defeat the object wouldn''t it?.

[quote]I don''t really want to see this club go down the slippery road of demonstration and boycotts again, I am sure there is a much better way than this. A gathering of several hundred supporters outside ...[/quote]

Ronbol

From the sounds of it, there will be plenty inside the AGM too, including me.  Quite looking forward to it, anyone else on here going?  To all of you who think I might get a bit carried away, Meeky has promised to keep me in line 

You told us we would get relegated Amarillo , no suprise there you usually toe the club line and Delia and everyone was saying the same , poor little Norwich survive in the Prem good gracious no we only want one season here. With a manager we may well have survived but we did not have one , just like we are leaderless now.Wigan and West Ham seem to be doing just fine this season, why ? because they have Boards that dont want to come straight back down and good young managers. What Norwich spent last year was laughable and we got what we deserved Relegated , this summers spending was also laughable and we may well pay the price again, small club mentality

I''m sure the club would love 20,000 season ticket holders without opinions. It''s just what they are looking for. There are certain people on here who think that just because you show emotion and passion by chanting anti worthy songs that you do not support your team. Your''e all wrong, it''s because of that passion that some of us are not going to sit on our backsides (like delia and the board) while our club slides further into a relegation fight. The supporters will stand up and be counted as history has shown. now if only the manager and players would do the same - we would move in the right direction.

I have followed Norwich, in person, for over fifty five years and have lost count of the managers who have come and gone. We were stupid enough to let Ron Saunders leave us to go on to become Manager of the Year, we were able to laugh at John Bond and Mike Walker who left the the club only to fall flat on their faces. Having reached rock bottom with Tom Parker (2nd time round) who would have thought Archie Macaulay could have taken us to the brink of Wembley. How lucky Robert Chase was, having sacked the very successful Ken Brown to then appoint Dave Stringer who continued the good work which laid the foundations for our European adventures. Ron Ashman is worth remembering if only for his signing of Kevin Keelan and Ron Davies. How quickly we want to forget Messrs. Hamilton, Swindon, Morgan and Reid.

How will Nigel Worthington be remembered ?

Well 1st Wizard, I too am up for a boycott but my boycott is of this website. It''s just all too depressing. Yes i''m frustrated at how the season''s going but being a fan and not actually knowing what  goes on behind the scenes at the club I DON''T know what the answer is - I can only guess. And my guess is that the best thing for the club is to stick with, and support, the board and the management and look to them to engineer a vast improvement in recent performances on the pitch. I may be right, I may be wrong but I am honest enough to admit that I don''t know. Unfortunately, I cannot enjoy a debate when those partaking are so adamant in the correctness of their argument that the language used and the actions proposed, in my opinion, cease to be appropriate, relative to the underlying issue. We are all entitled to our opinions, but they can only be opinions. In my opinion Delia Smith and the board, and Nigel Worthington and his management team, have done enough to deserve our support and patience and that''s what I shall give them. You are entitled to disagree, but the venom which I feel in messages posted on this site, and the dictatorial language is not for me. I just think football should be fun, good times or bad times, and currently this website is certainly not a fun place to be. So I''m signing off . . . but I shall be at Carrow Road on Saturday and Tuesday cheering on the boys. Oh yes, and at the AGM on Monday, looking forward to some balanced debate.

Good point intenso, i think worthy should be remembered for bring good time''s back to carrow rd!

Well said shripmer too, some posters seem to think there is a perfect manager out there who has never played a player out of position or got his tactics wrong.

Look at sven & benitez, two very high profile managers who are making a lot of mistakes.

I agree that we have big problems at the moment,  but i''m not convinced there is anyone out there who would guarantee better results.

I''m putting my money on an away win tonight!

Come on you yellows!

I am every bit as gutted as any City supporter and totally understand whay Wiz et al want to boycott games/shop/meat pies etc and I would rather another manager but,

I don''t have a season ticket and despite all of the above I would bite anyone''s hand off who offered me one - that is the sad lot of the football supporter, we just can''t walk away like players/managers/coaches. And that is also why I support Delia & Michael even if I don''t always agree with their thinking or decisions - they are Norwich City supporters who have put their money into the club and are probably hurting just as much as you or I.