Sign in to follow this  
Wilfred Grimsdale

Howson

Lots of negatives about Saturday but one positive for me was the performance of howson.

He was all over the pitch, good tackling, passing good

Most had a stinker but Howson I thought had one of his best games for a while

Yeah, my lad was at the game and said similar.He has been in very good form for the last 3 or 4 games.

He''s returned to form (finally) over the last few games. He''s a box to box midfielder and should be played as such imo, he''s not a right mid and he isn''t a replacement for wes.

Probably renewed confidence after THAT goal. I don''t think you can under estimate that a lot of our squad have been relegated from the premiership. Doubts must creep in whether they''re upto it, especially after a run of bad results. We''ll strengthen little by little, but everyone around us has an embarrassment of riches...

We also have an embarrassment of riches, we are premier league (as they say).

For the amount of players we''ve sold, but the end of the window I doubt our net spend will be that high for what it really should be if we do just get Klose and Naismith through the door.

Better as a box-to-box midfielder in my opinion. More effective coming from deep as opposed to a no.10. Hopefully we won''t see him shunted out to the right anymore. I have the feeling AN might deploy three at the back with Pinto and Brady as the wing backs for certain games.