Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Anyone at the match yesterday...

.....what was the Lewis Grabban chant that could be heard.  I assumed it was our fans being derogatory, but could it have been Bn''mth fans welcoming him back?   Couldn''t hear the exact words but would be interesting to know if it was our fans or theirs.....(and no this isn''t going to be a  criticism of our fans thread, Jenkins)

Give it a rest. No one bit when you mentioned it another thread. Just accept we have fans that actually travel with the team.

And no, I didn''t go. But I''m not looking for an angle to criticise our own supporters.

[quote user="hogesar"]Give it a rest. No one bit when you mentioned it another thread. Just accept we have fans that actually travel with the team.

And no, I didn''t go. But I''m not looking for an angle to criticise our own supporters.[/quote]It is not intended to be a criticism.  Just would like to know what it was and whether it was our fans or Bnmth''s.    

[8] He''s $hit so we sent him back,       He''s $hit so we sent him back [8]There you are Lakey and i heard it because i was there with my mate Wilfred Grimsdale. [:)]

Lakey, why don''t you tell us what you thought you heard and then maybe those who where there could give you a definitive answer?

I know exactly the song Lakey is on about, but don''t intend giving him a stick to beat our fans with.

So do I Morty but let''s see him get all indignant towards our fans!

I must say I do think the Bournemouth fans are much more supportive of their team. Against West Ham they greeted every crap pass with an ''ooohh!!'' as if to say ''that was a really good effort, a couple of feet nearer the bloke & it would have been great!'' In fact it reminded me of the sort of noise you make as a parent watching your 11 year old play for the school team.

The reason is not hard to fathom; they''ve never been anywhere near the PL before, this must all be like a wet dream.

NCFC on the other hand were one of the founding clubs of professional football & have had a good deal of success at the highest level during their history. The fans are thus simply harder to please.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 17/01/2016 9:52 PM:

hogesar wrote:

Give it a rest. No one bit when you mentioned it another thread. Just accept we have fans that actually travel with the team. And no, I didn''t go. But I''m not looking for an angle to criticise our own supporters.

It is not intended to be a criticism. Just would like to know

So you were critisising our away fans for singing this last night, and now your asking what they were singing.

So eager to have a go at our fans, it really is unbelievable. (But sadly it isn''t).

[quote user="TIL 1010"] [8] He''s $hit so we sent him back,       He''s $hit so we sent him back [8]There you are Lakey and i heard it because i was there with my mate Wilfred Grimsdale. [:)][/quote]

Thank you Tilly.  That is all I wanted to know.   What I thought I heard was a lot worse than that - but as I said in the other thread (Jenkins take note, before you shout your mouth off again)  I wasn''t sure.

[quote user="TIL 1010"] [8] He''s $hit so we sent him back,       He''s $hit so we sent him back [8]There you are Lakey and i heard it because i was there with my mate Wilfred Grimsdale. [:)][/quote]

Mr Grimsdale![:D][Y]

Our away support is full of embarrassments these days

Just listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLbyJuJZv8

FFS

[quote user="meli"]Our away support is full of embarrassments these days

Just listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLbyJuJZv8

FFS[/quote]Did you go to the game yourself?

I was there and there were a minority of fans who probably went a bit too far in the chanting stakes. Whilst I wouldn''t condone it, due to the pasting we were receiving on the pitch it was always like some fans would vent their anger in that way.

I was there and our fans were better than maybe some would have expected considering the abject performance.

Bournemouth fans on the other hand have a real chip on their shoulder with us, thought they had won the premier league on Saturday.

The Grabban chants from the Norwich fans were fully justified after the taunts from the home fans, especially the Bradley one ! ;-).

On another note, interesting how Grabban was omitted as being ill, but was there with a hoodie covering his face for the whole afternoon, thought he might have come and applauded the City fans for their support. (not)

I think this is the one Lakey is craving for so no more pussy footing about. Here you are Lakey fill your boots........[8] He $hags who he wants     Oh Bradley Johnson     He $hags who he wants [8]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Oh no Tilly, what have you gone and done........................[/quote]I know mate but this was what he was after since his opening post so this will now make or break the thread. [:|]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think this is the one Lakey is craving for so no more pussy footing about. Here you are Lakey fill your boots........[8] He $hags who he wants     Oh Bradley Johnson     He $hags who he wants [8][/quote]
I''m personally delighted this was sung. It''s all about having a bit of fun at the end of the day, particularly when what''s happening on the pitch is that bad!

from where I was standing most of them were too busy cheering to bother listening to whatever was coming from our area!

Was also annoying that only a handful of players came over at full-time to say tanks for supporting us....every little helps guys!