Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

January Transfers

I wish people would stop complaining about what has been or indeed hasn''t been done so far in this transfer window. By all the unhappy posters on here you''d think they had an intimate knowledge of the whole business of recruiting a player. Who cares who any other team signs? I''m sure the board hoped to have got more completed by now. Hey ho, that''s life. Perhaps people should keep calm, and wait until February 1st, before slating off people in jobs they think they know more about than the people in those jobs.

Its a good point the OP makes, however on the other hand I can also see the other side of the coin now. After the last transfer window when we had posters like myself saying; ''we''ve still got a week to go before the deadline so calm down,'' nothing actually happened resulting in a truly awful and depressing transfer window. It''s understandable for people to be anxious (and thats anxious in football terms buh) about our rather late dealings. On the bight side though AN seemed confident on Naismith as well as Klose getting closer as well.

It''s not like we didn''t know last may that we needed 1 or 2 decent centre backs. 8 months on and we still having the same discussion. What''s our excuse for that.

Just to point out tha Bournmouth had all of their new signings in the squad mid week when they threw away a lead at home to loose...

Just sayin

posters like iron stan still try to compare City to Bournemouth, its utterly pointless. If Bournemouth did not have a nice billionaire Russian backer, theres no way on Earth they could have splashed the cashed as theyve done just relying on the Sky Premier money. No one transfer can be compared to another either, theyre like the common cold, theres lots of them but each one has its own theme.City did make some good signings in the Summer, but of course not strengthening the defence was a failure. But i still dont fault them for effort. I think they did learn, and think they are still learning, but im sure Alex has a good knowledge of how much he has to spend, and is intent on spending it wisely. Must say the Grabban deal was a fantastic piece of business, Alex timed it perfectly. 8 million for that guy was seriously good. Its also 8 mill that can be reinvested in players, his words not mine.Pretty ok with the first half of this window, imo the outs are as important as the ins. If we can bag Klose and Naismith then id say a reasonable window. Anything more would be a bonus. The two most missing transfers gone away are Mr. Motivation and Mr. Confidence, Alex needs to transfer them back into the team immediately, but hes the manager, i trust him.

The manager clearly stated he wanted business done early so he can get any new signings bedded in asap. Wait until Feb 1st and you won''t see them probably until March that''s too late. Too many posters on here happy to see us fail, the reality is we have the money and we need to move on in this league and that may mean new owners and pay higher wages.

priorities remain the same as n the summer - a decent back 4 and a striker.

mind you on yesterdays performance you would have to add a midfield too. Fortunately that is likely to be a one off.

Assuming the transfers of Naismith and Klose are completed then this will be a great window for the club with the signings of Jarvis and Pinto as well as off loading fringe players. Add to that they two development squad signings and this has to be one of our best January windows ever. If we could add another CB and. Goal scoring striker it would be surely more than any of us could realistically hoped for.