Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Anybody else?

A striker that actually strikes would be very nice only half decent one we have we are hell bent on selling to Sheff Wed .

I think the guess is that if AN lets Hooper and Laffs go we''ll be looking at another striker.

I''m hoping for a deep lying playmaker (that can tackle to go with Tettey or Howson in the middle, but I''m greedy :P

A striker would be nice ,did even think at one time Chris Martin would be a good buy ,but see he has gone off the boil ,only a sub on Saturday .

A quality striker is needed and would be the icing on the cake.

Anything more, such as a quality central midfielder would be a bit greedy.

Having said that, if we were to offload Hooper and/or Lafferty and buy a striker then it''s not beyond the realms of possibility to get a midfielder in on loan. Now that really would be the icing on the cake!

I think so...

I was pondering a striker on loan (as the Jarvis signing freed up a slot)..

Looking at the strikers available in the prem (and trying to be realistic):

Bamford

Remy (although would be expensive)

Gayle (not sure why this hasn''t been suggested)

Crouch

Kramaric (Leicester are planning to loan him out)

Dont know, interesting question though. If we get Klose and Naismith in, thats 6 signings this window, 2 permanent outs also, with likely at least 1 from Hoops / Lafferty  to go,  plus at least 3 loan outs. City fans will of course find every reason under the sun to say no its not properly 6 signings, but for any fan to say its not been busy window up until now would be wrong imo.Alex said at the weekend he was not looking to buy 5 or 6 players to change the squad to drastically, so taking that on board, id suspect maybe 1 more at most, likely a striker i guess. But we just dont know.

What about either Anichebe (WBA) or Agbonlahor (villa) may be similar to what we have, but would like to see another striker and either of these may be willing to prove themselves, if given a chance ?

I still think the Haller deal isn''t dead in the water, as Paddy Davit said in the Q&A the words from the agent left room both both parties... It suggested though that they wanted to consider other offers from larger teams, if there are any, and then potentially Noriwch could become a destination.