Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

The tide IS turning!

Amongst all the doom and gloom a star is beginning to shine.

Our local Press has started to print critical articles regarding Worthington and have started to question his tenure.

The Board won''t sackĀ Worthington and he won''t resign, unless they feel that the majority of public opinion is against him.

Whilst boards such as these are a vehicle for fans to express their disquiet, momentum will only grow once the Press decides to run stories putting pressure on Worthington and the Board.

It seems to me that over the last few days this has begun to happen.

First the poll in the Pink Un, and now some quite strong articles over the last few days.

If we keep up the pressure through the boards, and the Press starts to increase pressure through it''s medium, then something WILL happen.

The tide IS turning

Agreed Fat Man.

If the will is really there on the subject of Worthy or anything else come to that matter, the fans can prevail. I do not think it has reached the stage of sit down protests or the like and I do personally admire the brave stance Worthy is making since Saturday but fans and media pressure CAN make the difference.

A number of people have said (effectively)....''forget it, the Board wont'' sack him and can''t afford to anyway''. Not true. Everyone knows that we could not actually afford to buy Huckerby and took the ''calculated gamble'' instead. No difference as far as I can see to this situation. The gamble paid off as we got promoted, this time the gamble might pay off and we stay up (it is that bad!). Weren''t Forest....''too good to go down''?  

It might soon be the case that ''can we afford NOT to sack him (and the other two jokers as well, it would be absolutely NO answer to ditch Worthy and simply promote Foley and Livermore. They are both guilty ''by association'').

Or, Yellow Rider, the question now (which will be asked at the AGM) is, should this run of form continue, can we afford to KEEP Mr Worthington and his crew?

It''s all very well mulling over what happened in the past, but sadly we won''t be judged on the past glories or failures of Mr Worthington''s reign, only on how many points we get THIS season and it is only this on which our fate lies - determining which league we will find ourselves in next year.