Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

If Klose signs - who makes way - Bassong or Bennett?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Bennett is quite a bit faster that Bassong actually. Bennett is very slow off the line but his sprint speed is very good and is certainly one of his attributes. Bad acceleration, good sprint speed - its like fifa.[/quote]

That is fair enough. Agility is a thing I (and maybe that''s just me) include with this too. Bassong isn''t a speed merchant, I know that. Never really seen Bennett open up.

We´ll see. Bassong may benefit from playing with another type of defender, more of a leader type, so Bassong can hide in his shell and do his thing.

Bassong is not a leader himself, so may suit him.

As for Bennett, not convinced AN thinks he is the real deal. Started very well, but has tailed off a bit recently.

Depends on the expected match picture, I think.

If we are to play a high line, I don´t expect Bennett to play as often. If we play deep, Bennett is more suited, as it invites more crosses which Bennett is decent at hacking away. Bennett is also more suited to the knuckling of deep defending, tight marking, little space behind for attackers to exploit, etc.

Bennett would probably be a shoe in defender for Pulis at WBA, the way they play.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Maybe he''s that rare creature.......a footballer that is equally strong with both feet.[/quote]

Like Pilkington? Could play with both feet, trouble was both feet were permanently injured.

What are some of you lot on? Drop Bennett and keep Bassong? Bennett has been pretty steady since he has come back in the team, Bassong is costing us goals virtually every game, especially away from home!!!

completely agree with that paul101,

but I suspect russ will be viewed as the 4th until the summer at least.

If he''s left footed this is one hell of a goal with his weaker foot! Maybe he''s comfortable with either foot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN-vhY3foH8

One thing not really discussed is temperament, especially if you are dropped. Whoever Klose replaces, naturally will be disapointed, but how will they react?. I look at Ryan Bennett, here 4 yrs, had a few injuries  and  often not first choice, but hes never come across as feeling sorry for himself, just waited for his chances, and last few weeks  his chance has come. Seb Bassong as we know had that very strange period when he seemed all but disappeared of the radar, but came back strong when Alex took over and had had a wee chat with him. Since that time Seb has totally made his position his own, but mainly because theres been no competition. If Klose signs,  now Seb will have. How will Seb react?...i hope positively.

[quote user="ellis206"]What are some of you lot on? Drop Bennett and keep Bassong? Bennett has been pretty steady since he has come back in the team, Bassong is costing us goals virtually every game, especially away from home!!! [/quote]

Reality and intelligence, unlike you.

AN is giving nothing away either:

"As a player, he’s got good technical ability and he’s solid in the air. He can also play at either right centre-back or left centre-back."