Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

If Klose signs - who makes way - Bassong or Bennett?

If I had to ditch one of the existing centre backs it would be Bassong for me - decent at Championship level but too many errors and found out too often in the Prem - anyone think AN will drop him to make way for Klose?

I reckon AN will stick with Bassong, as he may prefer a left-footer at left CB. But I''d rather see Klose and Bennett. 
Klose is supposed to be a good passer out from the back by all accounts. 

As his preferred position in LCB it should be Bassong he replaces in theory but in reality who knows, but my hunch is when Klose and Pinto are up to speed we will play;

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Brady.

I just don''t see Martin being dropped permanently due to being captain and i don''t remember him not playing when available if my memory is correct.

Was discussing this on here yesterday. I think it will be Bassong who makes way. Would like to see a back four of:

Pinto--Bennett--Klose--Olsson(or Brady)

I would hope we keep the superior defender in the team. And that''s Bassong.

Thought he was right footed ? but will stand corrected if that is not the case.

Cant really see it being anyone other Bennett

BOTH!!! (Eventually).

Sign another CB of similar pedigree and slowly integrate them into the first XI as none of our CBs are up to Prem standard.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I would hope Bassong as I think that Bennet offers more of what we need. Quicker and mostly more aware of what is going on around him , Bassong switches off too often for my liking .[/quote]

HOLY S---- THE STUPID. How ANYONE thinks Bennett is faster than Bassong is amazingly slow.

[quote user="6088m canary"]BOTH!!! (Eventually).

Sign another CB of similar pedigree and slowly integrate them into the first XI as none of our CBs are up to Prem standard.[/quote]

HOLY S---- THE STUPID!!!

Bassong has been an ever present for Alex Neil since he came in, however I think he has been far too casual with the ball at his feet this season - giving it away - which was epitomised vs Bournemouth.

[quote user="funny old game"]Bassong has been relegated with Newcastle, Norwich & now quite probably Norwich again, not a good stat'' to have on your CV, coincidence? I don''t think so...[/quote]

And we''ve seen the defense be FAR FAR worse no matter the combination when he hasn''t played. Coincidence? I don''t think so... I''ve already said he''s no better than a bottom 7 PL defender, he''s the only one on this roster that is that though. If Klose is better he should play, we''ll see.

Bennett is quite a bit faster that Bassong actually. Bennett is very slow off the line but his sprint speed is very good and is certainly one of his attributes. Bad acceleration, good sprint speed - its like fifa.

Bennett makes way for me, solid stopper who is strong in the air. But when faced with strikers with movement he struggles. That''s what we face in the prem.

Bassong with klose is the right choice.