Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

The Linvoy Primus Saga

Yes folks, it''s still going. Off the Sky Sports site;

Portsmouth defender Linvoy Primus is a target for several Championship clubs.

Norwich and Plymouth have made enquiries about Primus, while another unnamed side are also thought to be in the chase for the hard-working defender.

Primus is currently recovering from a knee operation and is well down the pecking order at Fratton Park.

The 32-year-old''s situation has alerted clubs to his possible availability and both Norwich and Plymouth are keen to sign him on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

The player''s agent John Mac confirmed a number of clubs were keen on Primus, but that the player was waiting to see what Portsmouth wanted to do.

"Norwich and Plymouth are both keen on Linvoy," Mac told skysports.com.

"I have spoken to Tony Pulis and Nigel Worthington and they would like to have him on loan with a view to a permanent move.

"I am planning to have a meeting with Portsmouth to see what they want to do regarding Linvoy.

"Having spoke to Linvoy I think he would like to stay and fight for his place, but if they want to let him go then he may have to leave."

When will we stop chasing Linvoy Primus?! lol

Aaargh - we have what 10 defenders, incl one on loan and he wants another one?

What about the midfield!!!  Dont care ifits rumours give me some midfield rumours - at least I will think he is looking at the problem area!

OTBC

Can''t any of you see what the manager see''s. The words Hard and Working. Worthy is like a Magpie, he spots "hard work" and he wants it. We have a lot of shiny hard workers in our squad but we need lots more. So what if he''s a defender, I''m sure he could do a job in midfield. At least he works hard.

excellent, another veteran, slow central defender, thats all we need, sod the kids, who cares about them when we can have grandad fleming or any other "experienced" defender....the season is lost cause now, lets use it to bring through ryan jarvis, rossi jarvis, henderson (i know he gets a lot of flak but give him a run and he''ll do the job) bring through spillane et al.....cuz if we dont now, when will we? i''ll tell you when, the day worthless gets sacked/resigns, only then will the kids get a fair crack of the whip.

Aside from the fact he''s a defender and not really what we need, I for one wouldn''t want him to come here. All he did last time we went down this road was use us to get a better deal at Portsmouth, IMO,i don''t think he had any intention of coming here. Agree we would probably end up playing him in midfield or in goal anyway.

You''re forgetting. Its Sky Sports were talking about here. Like most media, if there are no stories, they simply make them up. (anything connected to Murdoch is particularly prone to it)

Simple formula. Pick a transfer story from the last six months, any story and repeat. Jobs a good ''un. Its not like anyones going to sue them.

[quote]excellent, another veteran, slow central defender, thats all we need, sod the kids, who cares about them when we can have grandad fleming or any other "experienced" defender....the season is lost caus...[/quote]

Yeah and if he put half a team of kids out and they got slaughtered, you''d be slating him for it.
Hes damned if he does and damned if he don''t in your book.

A lot of those "kids" have been knocking on the door of the first team for some time now and if they aren''t given the experience and opportunity to have a go then when will they get the experience that is so desperately needed?Weren''t the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Gerrard all kids once? What did their managers do? "Oh I can''t play them - they''re not experienced enough..."

"All he did last time we went down this road was use us to get a better deal at Portsmouth, IMO,i don''t think he had any intention of coming here."

I agree that we don''t need him but he did absolutely nothing wrong when Worthy was after him. He always said he would prefer to stay at Portsmouth and his agent just used our interest to negotiate him a higher (plus £3K) weekly wage. There are very few players around with greater integrity and honesty than Linvoy Primus so let''s not make him out to be any kind of villain.

Mark .Y.

Well it seems this is a bit more than just sky sports gossip - front page on the PU now.

Wrong age, wrong position, wrong person.

We have 10 defenders why do we need another when the midfield is so overrun??? 

OTBC

There`s always  this problem  , if Primus was  a good loan , WHY would Portsmouth let him go ?  he`s recently had a knee operation  , great !  we pay while he recovers !!!   thats all we need , another  drain on our  wages bill   for zilch return !  

As for letting the sprogs  be given a chance , do we really  want  to subject them to the level of abuse currently  [ and understandably ] directed  at the team ?   I think not ,  the time to bring them in, is when the pressures off  , and when was we last  in that condition ?    we`re under the cosh  big time now ,  you don`t  expect kids to do a mans job  , Rooney IS an exception !!!

How can someone come out and say something like "we shouldn''t be signing anyone over the age of 30???????????????!!" Do these people engage their brains before typing out their message?!

What this club desperately needs is some stability, and that requires experienced players. Our defensive rock that got us promoted, Fleming and Malky were hardly spring chickens. They were experienced pros in their early 30s. And that is exactly the kind of players we are missing from our team now. People are on here bleating about the loss of players like Iwan and Malky who were older, senior pros who had good work ethics, and were good all round pros. It is my opinion that that is the kind of player we are solely missing now - or have a lack of. Players who are mature, with families, who are less likely to have attitude problems. Young players have more distractions, are less experienced, and less consistent. Look at Terry and Lampard before they got through their ''youthful'' stage - in police stations, nightclub brawls, out on the lash the day after 9/11. They weren''t winners back then. But now they''re older, more mature - look at them - champions. And there has been many a successful team in the lower divisions built around experienced older pros. Ipswich did exceptionly well with an ancient John Wark at centre back in the early 90s. Teddy Sheringham at West Ham is showing what he can do. Paul Merson at Portsmouth and Middlesborough - getting them both back in the big time when he was in his 30s and would to most Norwich fans posting on the Pinkun have been written off long before he got anywhere near signing for us had he ever thought of doing so.

So stop being so ageist. Youth has a place. But so does experience. And experience always wins over youth (unless you''ve got exceptional young players like Man Utd did in the mid 90s, but that is very rare as they''ve failed to find a group like that since). I for one support the signing of Primus. A powerful, good all round professional - who would not let you down. Get him in!

If Davenport does not stay then I would have Primus on loan. NO WAY should he be bought on a long contract on premiership wages. That would show that Worthy has lost the plot totally. Two years ago yes, but not now.