Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

how about a cheeky bid for Jordon Rhodes

Blackburn are going nowhere in 18th in championship

the lad knows where the net is I am sure he would come here

be good in front of Naismith

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Blackburn are going nowhere in 18th in championship

be good in front of Naismith[/quote]We were in for him back when Lambert was manager but he had recently signed a new deal so financially it wasn''t an option. I like him as a striker and I think he would score a bag load of goals if given the chance too. Initially at the time Rhodes was quite keen to come down but it never materialised and to be fair to him he got on with it.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Blackburn are going nowhere in 18th in championship

be good in front of Naismith[/quote]We were in for him back when Lambert was manager but he had recently signed a new deal so financially it wasn''t an option. I like him as a striker and I think he would score a bag load of goals if given the chance too. Initially at the time Rhodes was quite keen to come down but it never materialised and to be fair to him he got on with it.

Flatters to deceive a bit, and I think if he really was Premiership quality he would have been snapped up before now.

Blackburn have long put a high price on his head, Palace fans have talked a lot about him to. Seems his asking price is still around the 11 mill pound bracket...City would never pay that, and far as i can see Alex has not shown any interest anyway. We had enough pointless discussions in the long running Afobe saga, a player that we were interested in last summer, Lets not start on  about Rhodes, who doesnt seem on Citys rader at all.

Maybe they''ll do a swap and a few quid for some of Lamberts favourites from our ranks.

Sure he''d be happy to take RM off our hands, and that''s me being genuine, he plays with Hanley for Scotland, can''t see him now keeping down a first team starting spot here any more.

We now have 4 RB''s at the club so need to offload at least 1 in this window and he''s certainly not a centre half!

No thanks at all - plenty of reasons why is still there and why gestede moved first - all related to just how good he really is.

We already have far better here.

I just don''t get the love for Rhodes! he''s a very average mid-career player failing to impress very much and not scoring many in an average-to-poor team in a weaker league.

Gary Hooper knows where the net is, but it doesn''t make him a premier league striker.

if he was only 11 million hed be worth the gamble, peanuts for an ambitious premier league team, young enough to have resale value if it goes wrongi dont think blackburn would sell if we offered 18

Talksport linked us with him the other day , Blackburn want £13 million , anybody who scores goals is exactly what we want , Mbokani and Jeromes season haul will see us relegated .

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I just don''t get the love for Rhodes! he''s a very average mid-career player failing to impress very much and not scoring many in an average-to-poor team in a weaker league.[/quote]

150 goals at better than 1 every 2 games, and he''s still only 25? You''d do really well to find a better record than that below the Premiership.

Isn''t Hooper scoring for fun in the same league at the moment? Should we not just keep him for £0 million.

Blackburn should have cashed in on him years ago

the money could then have gone towards a promotion bid

The games on S4C if you want to watch, non English com''s though.

Decent scoring record in the past but completely untried at the top level, and he''s scored 3 in his last 17 games... no better than what we already have!

"I just don''t get the love for Rhodes! he''s a very average mid-career player failing to impress very much and not scoring many in an average-to-poor team in a weaker league"

I would say 81 goals in 146 games for Blackburn is quite a decent return. For a team that haven''t finished in the play off places In that whole time. He has 8 goals in 12 league games this season so to say he''s not scoring many isnt quite so true. He''s a finisher you cant deny that. Is he a premier league striker ? Who knows.

I know it''s slightly different as he was a few years younger but Dean Ashton was a championship striker who was linked to alot of premiership sides for a few years and all he needed was someone to take a punt on him. Maybe it''s time someone takes a punt on Rhodes. Alot of championship players have made moves to the prem who don''t have a record half as good as Rhodes.

I know I would take him.