Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Buy Back reminder on Official Website

The club is reminding season ticket holders that if they cant get to Sheff Wed, they can get a magnificent £5 rebate against future season tickets.

Are the club afraid gates will start to dwindle ? and why is a season ticket given only £5 back when the club will sell it on for £20, time for a decent return.  Ripping off real supporters again City ?   

I enquired about this because I couldn''t make the Reading match and they said they would only give me the £5 off next years season ticket. Hardly an offer i couldn''t refuse and I ended up giving it to a mate for nowt. I think this is shocking, really.

This is a scheme introduced several years ago, and hasn''t changed one iota, it was and has been rather well thought of, rather than being "shocking" - to my knowledge very few clubs offer a similar deal.  I personally have never seen the point and give my ticket to friends for free, but it is something to use if and when the situation ever arises that this isn''t possible. 

I live in lincolnshire and the odd midweek game i carnt make ,so i tried the buyback scheme and spent nearly twenty minutes on the phone with the club robot telling me YOU ARE NUMBER FIVE IN THE QUEUE,probably spent more than a fiver on the phone .why dont you modernise the system ROBOT by having an email to use for the buyback. Now number four in the queue........

I agree Branston.  You have to recall that the vast mojority of clubs offer no such service and seats aare simply left empty as many people dont pass them on.  This leads to empty space which is not good for the ground.

At least this way you can a small return onthe ticket and the club can contact another fan who will have an opportunity to see a game that would not have been there.

OTBC

I don''t know of one other club that offers this service to it''s season ticket holders.

The scheme also means that any empty seats can be taken by other supporters.

It seems there is now a which hunt going on amoungst our support whereby anything connected to our club is attacked with venom and vitriol. Unbelievable.

All this talk of a witch hunt is absolutely ridiculous, certainly as far as I''m concerned. When I tried to ''sell'' my ticket back to the club I was in the process of buying a ticket for the Northampton game and I was disappointed that they couldn''t discount the fiver off the price of that match ticket, it wasn''t the £5 thing that bothered me just the fact that I wouldn''t get it back till next season.

I may have had unreasonable expectations on this, admittedly, but witch hunt? - get a grip.

Dont get me started on this...

Thought I was going to miss the Leeds game, so sold it to the buy-back scheme. Then half hour later it turned out I could go. So I rang them and asked if they had sold it on yet, they said the tickets dont go on sale til 1, so if you come down now we can sort it out. At half eleven I got down, to be told that as its sold the ticket office could no longer deal with it, and that it was now in the buy-back office, and that there was NO way I could get it back unless I queued up and hope no one took it. So I ended up paying 21 pound for a ticket in another part of the ground just to watch the damn game. Even though the ticket for my seat was happily sitting in the next room along, not to be sold for another hour and a half. Given the rubbish performance of the team, it was the first time id ever considered booing them off, but I saved my anger for someone that had a go at me for getting out of my seat a minute before full time to go stand in the aisle so I could make a quick escape, im a "Bloody fairweather fan" apparently.. God knows how I controlled myself.

Anyway... Happy thoughts..

I will try very hard Jonny to get a grip. I will also try hard to spell Witch.

What I am saying is that now the team are on a bit of a bad run not only is the manager Worthless but our programmes are too much, Delia is too soft, the board are spineless and can''t manage the finances, Hucks is past it etc etc etc.

We are a well run club that is having trouble re adjusting IMO. I personally don''t think we should change the manager but can see why others think we should. I think that all this other stuff is totally OTT and certain fans grabbing an opportunity to have a whinge about everything to do with our club.

But as you don''t agree with this I will try and get a grip.

Inpsectorprawn, I agree with you that the club is by and large well run, and the buy back scheme has it''s merits - I was just pointing out what I considered to be a flaw in it. The fact  I don''t think everything is perfect with this scheme is not influenced by the current situation with the manager.

Fair enough Jonny. My post was more to do with "ripping off real supporters again city" comments which I think are ridiculous. Thinking buy back is not perfect is not ridiculous.