Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Bamford on Loan?

With Grabban gone and Lafferty and Hooper rumoured to follow we could still do with another striker.Bamford was quality last year (I know it was at Champs level) but I''m sure he could do a job for us and is a different strking option to Mbokani and Jerome - I''m sure he''ll be in demad - scored a couple of goals for Chelsea under 21s this afternoon and wasn''t really given a chance at Palace. we could do a lot worse.

Had some pitch time but the way he left and the fact that he couldnt force himself ahead of gayle etc suggests that there is something not quite right. A pass for me. again.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Thought he was nailed on for QPR?

Haggerdo, this was put up for debate a few days ago, and the general consensus was a no .[/quote]

OK mate - sorry i missed that one - if it''s not going to be him then hopefully AN and McNally already have their eye on another backup for MBokani and Jerome

We could do with someone. But having failed to make an impact at Palace you wonder if Bamford would fare any better here. 

I''d rather him than nobody but i''d be sceptical. Perhaps there is some potential there, but he doesn''t appear ready yet.

I do hope we use our last loan signing slot on somebody though, even if it''s some reserve player from the big boys that''s been quietly impressing. That Charly Musonda looks a decent player from Chelsea. That being said, he''s a centre mid and we already have enough of our own players in need of gametime. I''d have suggested Dom Solanke as cover but it appears he''s already out at Vitesse doing alright.

Whoever comes in has to offer something different or be better than the three options we have (Laff, Mbokani, Jerome)

It''s a fair point though. We''ve made our one loan permanent and all the new boys are permanent signings so a cheeky loan deal might just be the little extra bit of activity that McNally has hinted could be in the pipeline.

I think Bamford would be a good addition. We''ve got strikers with Premier League experience so I think a "young and hungry" addition to the ranks like him could be valuable. Although i''m still genuinely mystified why there isn''t at the very least a squad roll for Hooper. Naismith could actually help to make a place for Hooper in the side too.