Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

And with two weeks to go...

I think one point that should be recognised is that, unlike the summer, we have managed to get the majority of our work done early. The importance of that and the time it will take to get the new players into the squad and up to speed could be all the difference... Well in a very literal sense 2 games, but that could potentially more if for example it takes a player 2-3 weeks anyway to get match sharp and into he squad.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I wonder what rumours we''ll be associated with over the next 13 days? Strikers hopefully.[/quote]I don''t think we have the money to do anything more until we offload Lafferty and Hooper.

Slightly confused as both BBC & SSN are both now saying NCFC sign "striker" Naysmith.

Lets hope the board haven''t been duped into thinking he''s a striker!

With the Grabban money coming in I would guess there''s maybe another 6-8 million sloshing around, as we were heavily linked with Haller. I do think AN wants Pinto, Naismith, Klose AND Haller. We''d have no excuses staying up if we did get another striker in. It would only be poor organisiation/mistakes/motivation as this squad with another CF would be the strongest we''ve ever had.

Well done the Alex and the board

You may well be right Morty but I could easily see us signing up Haller and only needing to do a little work to despatch Hooper to Wednesday and / or Lafferty to Leeds.

My hunch is that we have one more exciting move to make.

Well we had Haller come and look around while still in the very depths of the Naismith negotiations... Doubt we were going to pull the plug on one or the other.

The Haller deal is still far from over, we obviously agreed the fee and it wasn''t an outright no but more of a ''at this moment we are waiting to see what happens'' sort of statement, though this could potentially go into the next window depending on which league we are in I think...

Or failing at Gayle turns up.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Slightly confused as both BBC & SSN are both now saying NCFC sign "striker" Naysmith.

Lets hope the board haven''t been duped into thinking he''s a striker![/quote]

Oh, that''s a bit worrying. Do you think they have been duped?