Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

IS IT TIME?

to give some of the younger blood a chance? people like rossi jarvis, spillane, ryan jarvis, even el ouargui? as we keep getting told that the club has a major injury crisis should we stop playing people out of position such as charlton and get some of the youngsters in? we never seem to get any young players given a chance and when they do they are then binned. look at the binners they have some cracking young players coming through the ranks so why dont we start giving ours a chance? even teams in the prem play younger players but not worthy, why not?

Could be  the situation Baldyboy ,  sending sprogs  out  in the present atmosphere of  abuse from fans ....  NOT  a good idea !

it was time ages ago

unfortuantly mr worthless missed that time too, and now its time for mr worthless to show his character and march of.

unfortuantly just like this topic, its never going to happen.....

Yeah why not.  They couldn''t do any worse than the first team (Deano and Hughesy excluded).  Is is Cave-Brown that is the right back?  I''ve seen a right back a couple of times who shows a lot of promise

This for me just shows how little people actually know about football.

You CANNOT send out a young player to make his debut in the current climate at Norwich. One bad performance from the youngster, a few groans from the crowd and we could destroy his confidence and put his career back or effectively end it. Anyone remember what the Norwich faithful did to Hendo at half time once? We reduced him to tears. That is how vulnerable young players are. Older more experienced pros can handle it, they''re used to it. That is, I''m sure, the prime reason Simon Charlton is playing in midfield at the moment.

The right time to blood youngsters is at the end of the season when nothing is at stake, or when we''re comfortably winning. Not during a crisis!!!

The new blood coming through has to be given a chance - in my opinion they''ve got to be able to handle the crowd if they are to ever become a decent player - what sort of team would we have if everyone became offended by the crowd''s reactions to their performance?    I''m sure that the likes of Charlton and Hughes have had bad games and been given some grief by supporters but I''m sure that they didn''t run home in tears vowing never to play again - they probably came back out next week determined to ram those comments right back down the throats of the supporters....

Not according to the Manager, although on the official site he does say, "It may not be the right time to blood a youngster." Notice the word "may".It is difficult to see when it will be right, - when relegation is inevitable, and there is nothing to lose? I would have thought that a cup match, with little hanging on it, would be a good time. If somehow we reached the top six, it would surely not be the time? When we have only five fit outplayers?The right time could have been a game or two ago, when he first played Charlton at CM, or when Jarvis looked the most interested player. I cannot believe that many of the youngsters would have played worse than all the midfield, and others, in the last two games.

[quote]This for me just shows how little people actually know about football. You CANNOT send out a young player to make his debut in the current climate at Norwich. One bad performance from the youngster,...[/quote]

If the young ones cant handle it at there ages of 18,19,20,21 when will they be able to handle it? You cannot put them all in the same pot.Some of the younger lads may be able to handle pressure with ease,some may not.You wont know until they have been there and done it. Jimmy White couldnt,but Stephen Hendry could.Gazza couldnt,but Gerrard did. Henderson didnt,doesnt mean to say young Jarvis cant.Everyone is a individual & can handle different things at different times of there life.Give them a chance i say!

[quote]This for me just shows how little people actually know about football. You CANNOT send out a young player to make his debut in the current climate at Norwich. One bad performance from the youngster,...[/quote]

Is that why Worthy didn''t bring in any youngsters when we had already clinched promotion to the Premiership.  The bottom line is that this manager doesn''t bring in any youngsters, irrespective of how good they are, unless he is forced to through injuries.  The only exception is when he gets young Premiership players like Bentley and Marney, who must be good because they come from a Premiership club.

Just look at the latest move by the manager to bring in Primus a 32yr old who isn''t playing in Portsmouth''s first team.  Prior to that he went for a 30+ player from Fulham who couldn''t get in their first team.

Thank God players like Giggs and Rooney didn''t have Worthy as their manager because they would have had to wait as well. 

Give the managers job to David Williams and you might see some of the youngsters.

An interesting post and have to say I agree with Silver Fox - its about time some of the youngsters were given a chance, they have to be a better bet than playing someone out of position and the consequences of that, as we have seen only too often this season.  Dave Williams has assembled a great Academy squad and they should be given their chance.  How long does it take for someone to be ready, they never will be if they don''t get the chance, I wonder if Danny Crow had been given more of a chance whether he might have made the grade?

Ryan Jarvis hasn''t been given much of a chance, and Hendo is usually played on the wing instead of upfront - when we are continually chasing older players, isn''t it a good idea to try some of our youngsters who we already have?

My God, Henderson has just come on in his proper position, Hucks is now in his and Rossi Jarvis has just come on!  What is going on

and more importantly, why did it have to take so long?  Good for you Worthy for at last playing Hendo upfront.  He''s doing really well too.  Come on Hendo, get a goal, preferably a pass from Rossi Jarvis