Sign in to follow this  
Dave

1 more in on loan?

I suspect that this is not the end of incomings for this window and there could be at least 1 more

With Jarvis freeing up a loan place it could well be a loan signing.

Who could we get on loan? Realistic suggestions please!!!

I think they may of freed up the loan space just in case they couldn''t buy a target ( Naismith ) but could loan him that free space could be unused in that case

Bamford on loan perhaps. I think he''s realistic but a squad player and not a starter. I couldn''t see him playing the roles that Jerome and Mbokani play though.

If Lafferty and Hooper stay perhaps we don''t need another striker.

Ideally we want someone better than our two main strikers who can find the back of the net regularly. Shane Long would be great but he''s not available. Is there a Dean Ashton in the lower leagues we can sign up?

Can imagine someone like Gayle on a permanent deal.

Loan players could be someone from one of the bigger sides - a youngster from Arsenal or Chelsea perhaps? More established striking options are difficult to thing of and most not that great! Crouch or Odemwingie from Stoke, Frazer Campbell from Palace, Cisse from Newcastle, Zarate from West Ham, Kramaric from Leicester - none of these are particularly appealing!

"I think we will get two more in. 1 permanent and 1 loan. Hooper, Lafferty and one more to leave.

Hoping for a class striker and a right sided winger to compete with Redmond."

My thoughts exactly, Y and G Army. With Naismith, Hoolahan and Odjija competing for the AM position, could Andreu potentially be the ''one more'' to leave?

The striker needs to a) be a goal threat, b) be able to hold up the ball and c) have pace.

Hopefully Haller is that man. It''s a shame because Jerome has a bit of b and c, whilst Mbokani is extremely good at b!

I agree maybe two more, they supposedly bid for Haller and Naismith at the same time, so Striker and a wide right, maybe a possibility but a classy midfielder certainly wouldn''t go amiss.

A striker what about a cheeky bid for Shane Long, now they''ve bought Austin? Pace, works really hard, can head a ball, and scores the odd goal to two, would be a much better option than Gayle.

Shane Long would be a great asset and possibly the perfect fit but A) Soton said they won''t be selling anyone B) If he does it would be quite a hefty lump of money and C) Would he want to come?

Liverpool want Shane Long. If they''re in, we have no chance. ........TJ

You''re probably right but he wouldnt automatically be first choice there, whereas he probably would be here. plus we do have Wes n Robbie to make him feel at home.

He would be a massive coup for us but have to admit its unlikely.

Long has been playing regularly for them, and returning a fair amount of goals - they won''t be selling him, at least not for a astronomical amount of money if they do!

I''d like to think we''ll bring in another loan. Whilst signing Jarvis, who has obviously impressed before his injury here, was crucial for our left side with Olsson and Brady the only other genuine options down the left, it does make me think the loan position has been freed up early as opposed to waiting until the summer to sign Jarvis at the end of the loan period. It''s reported we declined Liverpool''s request to recall Wisdom, which makes me unsure we''ll be signing another defender this window - with our midfield already crowded with options we''d all love to see either a creative RW or goalscoring CF. Not that I doubt Jerome or Mbokani - we know they can both score good goals, it''s more that chance creation has been at a premium all season.

Whittaker will go surplus to requirements in last year of contract been out of favour since sending off. Back to Scotland.

What about a keeper? Off the top of my head, I can think of Valdes, Romero, Vorm and Begovic that could be up for some first team action. Ambitious I know but all would be a potential improvement. We would only have to pay part of the wages as well.

Whilst Whitts hasn''t played, he''s great back-up for LB or RB where we''re a bit thin, guessing that RM also doubles up as CB, and Wisdom is backup for CB. With these fairly shallow defensive numbers in mind I doubt he''ll be going anywhere until the summer