Sign in to follow this  
morty

Stephen Fry

Good to see we are writing him off as soon as he has walked in the door!What were you expecting, a billionaire with loose purse strings?

morty wrote the following post at 18/01/2016 8:55 PM:

Good to see we are writing him off as soon as he has walked in the door!What were you expecting, a billionaire with loose purse strings?

Typical Morty - wont have any thing negative said about the StowmarketMorty fountain of great wisdom - please explain to the masses what a former 35 year old civil servant brings to the role of Director of a Premiership Football Club, other than the fact that he is related to the majority shareholder ?

Let''s be honest, anyone that''s spent an unhealthy amount of time playing football manager is more experienced for the role

I wonder if this was the news that prompted Bowketts sudden departure

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]

morty wrote the following post at 18/01/2016 8:55 PM:

Typical Morty - wont have any thing negative said about the StowmarketMorty fountain of great wisdom - please explain to the masses what a former 35 year old civil servant brings to the role of Director of a Premiership Football Club, other than the fact that he is related to the majority shareholder ?[/quote]Or how about you tell me what has you so convinced he will fail? I couldn''t give a shiney $shite what happens in the boardroom as long as it provides the manager with what he needs to win on the pitch.Will Carrow road spontaneously combust over this? No, it won''t. Chill your pants.

[quote user="JF"]Let''s be honest, anyone that''s spent an unhealthy amount of time playing football manager is more experienced for the role[/quote]

Let''s be honest, anyone that''s owned a successful football club for over 20 years would have more experience than a kid playing football manager. But you wouldn''t think it on here...

[quote user="im spartacus"]I''m glad fry has gone he he gives me the creeps[/quote]Why, whats scarey about him?

What did Fry actually do for this club? Bugger all behind the scenes let alone in front of them. Enjoyed the complimentary tickets on a Saturday afternoon and a bite to eat Delia''s, all that for a few tweets and wearing a city scarf!

Bunch of mugs!!

[quote user="JF"]I wonder if this was the news that prompted Bowketts sudden departure[/quote]

Common knowledge Mr Bowkett walked after the big bust of with McNally at Watford

[quote user="im spartacus"]His tweed jackets and smug expression for starters I don''t care about his homosexuality although if my son bought him home as his fiance id be devestated 😯[/quote]

You would have been more devastated if your son had

brought him home as his husband

[quote user="daly"][quote user="JF"]I wonder if this was the news that prompted Bowketts sudden departure[/quote]

Common knowledge Mr Bowkett walked after the big bust of with McNally at Watford
[/quote]I have seen this "common knowledge" posted before but what I haven''t seen stated is what this supposed row was about and why it would cause a hard-nosed chairman to resign in a huff. Can anyone provide a fact-based explanation?

Shall i just add that Alan Bowkett''s brother in law is a Watford fan to start things moving forward.

[quote user="Lord Nelson"]agree purple sound like an urban myth rather than a fact based knowledge[/quote]Some common knowledge turns out to be true and some is on a par with the "fact" that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Although Bowkett has apparently been offloading his other directorships it is odd that he resigned from this one only two weeks after being re-elected at the AGM.However if there was a row with McNally why was it serious enough to prompt Bowkett''s resignation? We surely cannot be talking about some personal spat. Bowkett has seen enough of the business world not to be fazed by that kind of nonsense.The alternative would be some kind disagreement about how the club was to be run, with the implication is that Bowkett found himself isolated, with the other directors backing McNally. Hence my question as to what was the causee.

[quote user="morty"]Or maybe its none of our business?[/quote]The chairman of our club resigning just two weeks after being re-elected? Of course it is our business.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]Or maybe its none of our business?[/quote]The chairman of our club resigning just two weeks after being re-elected? Of course it is our business.[/quote]Good luck in your gossip quest then[Y]Me, I really couldn''t care less what happens in the boardroom as long as it supports Alex Neil on the pitch.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]Or maybe its none of our business?[/quote]The chairman of our club resigning just two weeks after being re-elected? Of course it is our business.[/quote]Good luck in your gossip quest then[Y]Me, I really couldn''t care less what happens in the boardroom as long as it supports Alex Neil on the pitch.[/quote]Morty, I don''t normally bother replying to what you think are your cute little one-liners and rhetorical questions (you know, the ones you use to baffle ldc), because they only show you have lost the argument. But this this case I will follow your oft-expressed policy, the one you laughably claim justifies your role as self-appointed moderator of this board, of telling posters when they spout rubbish. So, to be clear, that post and your preceding post, are, to use a technical legal term, total b*ll*cks.If you could understand simple English - and had the barest capacity for logical thought - you would have seen what I have been trying to establish was the truth, as opposed to all we have now, which is unsubstantiated gossip. And if you it really think doesn''t matter who the directors are, and why, and how that affects what happens in the boardroom, then you have even less understanding of how the business of football works than I had imagined.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]Or maybe its none of our business?[/quote]The chairman of our club resigning just two weeks after being re-elected? Of course it is our business.[/quote]Good luck in your gossip quest then[Y]Me, I really couldn''t care less what happens in the boardroom as long as it supports Alex Neil on the pitch.[/quote]Morty, I don''t normally bother replying to what you think are your cute little one-liners and rhetorical questions (you know, the ones you use to baffle ldc), because they only show you have lost the argument. But this this case I will follow your oft-expressed policy, the one you laughably claim justifies your role as self-appointed moderator of this board, of telling posters when they spout rubbish. So, to be clear, that post and your preceding post, are, to use a technical legal term, total b*ll*cks.If you could understand simple English - and had the barest capacity for logical thought - you would have seen what I have been trying to establish was the truth, as opposed to all we have now, which is unsubstantiated gossip. And if you it really think doesn''t matter who the directors are, and why, and how that affects what happens in the boardroom, then you have even less understanding of how the business of football works than I had imagined. [/quote]Oh dearie me, you really do have your old man pants in a twist[:D][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/11888129_904602009577624_2087238053793461097_n_zpskeiza5du.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/11888129_904602009577624_2087238053793461097_n_zpskeiza5du.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is no different to John Ruddy, Bradley and Grabban''s missus, Jason Shackell and Dean Ashton...Its very unlikely you''ll ever know the complete truth, so why waste your time tittle-tattling about it....

I was disappointed to say the least when Mr Bowkett resigned. I am even more disappointed with the appointment of a like-minded political good friend of the majority shareholders as his replacement. I''m not surprised that a relative of those who own the club - has been allocated a position on the board. Now, what he will exactly bring to the board as Mr Fry departs - is probably just a vote for the majority......Maybe it''s just all about, control.....?

Thanks Mr Bowkett.......You probably saw it coming.....

[quote user="George Santayana"]Can''t people just be curious about certain things without being lambasted for it? Ffs[/quote]The point is that it is extremely unlikely we will ever get to the truth. Where we will end up is somewhere that suits someones agenda.Which is fine if people want to do that, but personally I see it as a bit pointless.I am sure people will claim to know what happened, in this case, but I doubt very much it will be the truth.