Sign in to follow this  
morty

Stephen Fry

Morty displays unquestioning loyalty and, unlike me, back it u with fulsome support at home and away matches.

But he did the same thing with Hughton and while loyalty is a good thing there is always a place for asking questions and challenging although Morty seems to think this is dangerously rocking the boat.

If you ask Nigel nicely Morty, he''ll show you how to tug your forelock properly and then you''ll be the complete article.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="daly"][quote user="JF"]I wonder if this was the news that prompted Bowketts sudden departure[/quote]

Common knowledge Mr Bowkett walked after the big bust of with McNally at Watford
[/quote]I have seen this "common knowledge" posted before but what I haven''t seen stated is what this supposed row was about and why it would cause a hard-nosed chairman to resign in a huff. Can anyone provide a fact-based explanation?[/quote]

I can confirm and I have posted bout this incident. It did happen. It was his son in law. It''s not libellous as its fact. Hence the posts were never removed.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="daly"][quote user="JF"]I wonder if this was the news that prompted Bowketts sudden departure[/quote]

Common knowledge Mr Bowkett walked after the big bust of with McNally at Watford
[/quote]I have seen this "common knowledge" posted before but what I haven''t seen stated is what this supposed row was about and why it would cause a hard-nosed chairman to resign in a huff. Can anyone provide a fact-based explanation?[/quote]

I can confirm and I have posted bout this incident. It did happen. It was his son in law. It''s not libellous as its fact. Hence the posts were never removed.[/quote]I don''t recall you associating the Ruddy bust-up with Bowkett departing CUSDP,

[quote user="TCCANARY"]So Bowkett left because Ruddy punched McNally''s daughters boyfriend?

Who knew?[/quote]Glad we got that sorted out[Y]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Mick it was all about te Watford incident. I''ve told numerous people and I think I posted it on here too. When I see you (sat) I''ll tell you more.[/quote]In that case, especially if you posted it here before, then please go to the small trouble of posting again. On that basis there can''t be any legal problems in repeating what you said, and plainly I am not the only person who didn''t see this explanation for Bowkett resigning. And the reason why our chairman quit, without any kind of public explanation and only two weeks after being re-elected, is a matter of genuine concern for fans. Especially since it has led to a controversial choice as his replacement.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Mick it was all about te Watford incident. I''ve told numerous people and I think I posted it on here too. When I see you (sat) I''ll tell you more.[/quote][Y]

Funnily enough I''ve just had someone I work with tell me the Bowkett story from a client of his. Needless to say it involves Bowkett''s daughter''s boyfriend, John Ruddy, punches and a resignation.

Bowkett might have left because he didn''t like Delia planning for succession by guiding and preparing her Nephew for a future role while Stephen made way for him because he doesn''t want to be associated with grooming.

Well now Bowkett''s gone we appear to be spending money...

Or is it a case of Labour spending other people''s money?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]McNally. Bowkett. The latters brother in law. Watford fan. We lost 3-0. Clash due to goading last year. Man steps down.[/quote]Thanks for the reply, cusdp. I loved the telegramese and had fun just about deciphering a story of some hassle some time involving Bowkett''s Watford-supporting brother-in-law. But I doubt that answers WHY Bowkett resigned. A hard-nosed business veteran of boardroom politics just doesn''t suddenly quit because of a spat over a relative.I CAN see such an outwardly trivial incident could have prompted the eruption of something that has been a serious boardroom issue all along - a destabilising power struggle or a crucial difference of opinion on strategy. Which is why I have been trying to get beyond the gossip to establish the reason, It could still be relevant to how the club is run now. But, perhaps, as with why the Turners left, fans will never know.