Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Wave goodbye to hucks if worthy is sacked.

Sad to say but if worthy is sacked then i think hucks days are numbered too ,lets face it where ever hucks has played the manager of that club won''t start with him because in there eyes he is a liability with his lack of defending and so if we do get another manager in i get the feeling he could be frozen for that reason plus hucks has a great relationship with worthy and seeing him leave the club could well lead to him putting in a transfer request .

[quote]Sad to say but if worthy is sacked then i think hucks days are numbered too ,lets face it where ever hucks has played the manager of that club won''t start with him because in there eyes he is a liabil...[/quote]

and ????

His lack of defending is a liability, especially apparent when the defence aren''t performing. If a new manager (whoever, if ever etc.) can combine Hucks with a much improved defence great, if not it may just be a price worth paying in my view.

Sad to say, but if Worthy stays and we get relegated to League 1, then Hucks will leave anyway as we couldn''t afford to pay his wages.

I don''t agree with that at all.  I''m damn sure if you asked every other manager in the 1st division they would love to have Hucks in their team.  At the end of the day he''s still our biggest creative talent in the squad.  He''ll play whoever is in charge, I''m sure

from a tactical position he is a liability, does not help the left back or defenders at all.
From an attacking position he has pace, scares the living daylights out of defenders and scores a fair number of goals.

He has his plus and negatives, but i for one would not leave him out of the team.

nonsense!!

hucks is to good to leave out, i agree with the view that any manager would love to have him in their team. anyway, if a new manager came in (hope they dont) and didnt play hucks, the fans and board (who are payin him buckets) would accept it

up the hux!!

Cannot agree with you. All people in the Premiership and the Championship know how dangerous is Darren Huckerby is, alright you can put three defenders on him but he can still do the job for you.

He was the fans favourite and I don''t think the new manager would be silly to drop your main weapon of your team. I think Hucks will wave goodbye to Norwich, ONLY IF he had difference with the new manager.

[quote]Hucks will finish his career at Norwich. He''ll see out his current contract then hang up his boots.[/quote]

I thought he had already hung up his boots!

I think of late, Hucks has felt an obligation to do more than he should because some others aren''t doing their jobs. I don''t blame him for getting slightly naffed off about certain situations because at times he seems to be the only one who is bothered.

[quote]from a tactical position he is a liability, does not help the left back or defenders at all. From an attacking position he has pace, scares the living daylights out of defenders and scores a fair num...[/quote]

As I said before the season started Worthsy biggest challenge was to find a formation that can accomodate Hux and Ashton.

I have continually said that Hux is a striker, but it is clear he is not a partner for Deano, who prefers a close partner he can link with. 

Hux is most effective when he can roam the pitch and his preference is to go to the left and cut in onto his right foot.  This means he is no good as a partner for deano.

So we are left with two options. First is for him to play left midfield.  However this fails on two accounts - first he is poor as a defender leaving big gaps to be exploited.  Secondly he does try and defend which means we waste our best attcking option as he has to start runs from deep insid his own half, instead of on the halfway line or in the opponents half.

Secondly we play him just behind a front two in a 4-3-1-2.  However while this gives us of hux gioing forward it would leave us with a 3 man midfield - we are struggling to have an impact in this league with 4 midfielders let alone three.

We could revert to my old favourite - 4-2-3-1 as used by Portugal.   2 defensive midfielders - say hughes and safri, with Aston at the top.  The 3 are attack minded players, which in theory we have lots of - Marney, McVeigh, Hux, jarrett, Jarvis.  When we are defending these drop back and help create a 5 man mdfield but in two rows.  This gives the defenders 5 people to pass to, and the deep midfielders 4 out passes.  Going forward we should have 4 people flooding forward, plus the full backs.

Where this falls down is that you do need the 3 to have oodles of pace to get forward quickly when we get the ball back, to ensure the striker is not isolated when we are going forward and to work back when we lose the ball.  Only Hux has that sort of pace to make it work.  

Hux is a conundrum - but if I have ideas I am sure that professional coached must know how to get the best from him...

OTBC  

If that''s a joke Twosheds then it is in poor taste given that Hucks has really battled hard this season and has at least tried to turn things around. Like Deano, form has been elusive but at least he has been looking for it>

If you are serious then good grief!!!! which game/s have you been to reach that conclusion??!!??

lol @ twosheds! he might aswell for the rubbish he''s played this season

So what if a new manager comes in and decides to sell hucks???? we arent a 1 man team, Darren Huckerby isnt Norwich City FC he is 1 man playing alongside 10 others... if a new manager deems him not up to the standard, decides to drop him or sell him then so be it.... it wont be the end of the world..

If we get a replacement who is just as good, if not better than hucks then after a couple of months we''d all be saying "darren Who?"

Personally i think hes been rubbish this season with the exception of Ipswich and perhaps a month in the reserves (where, incidentally, hes spent most of his time with most of his teams) might make him buck his idears up.

jas

I''m sad to say that I feel Hux is a one trick pony - and the difference between our last season in this division and this season is that teams have worked out how to play him.    Allow him space and he will prosper, stick to him like glue and he''s almost invisible.

While he may be creative, a one man team he ain''t and he''s not the talisman (unfortunately) that he was last time we were down here...

I think it was pretty evident in the premiership that he wasn''t all he was cracked up to be - he''s one of those frustrating players who you know can be outstanding on his day - he just doesn''t have enough of those days!

Hucks is an enigma. He can win you matches, however, he won''t head the ball, he gets caught offside so often it is criminal, he doesn''t release the ball quickly enough, he frightens the full backs but this includes those in his team who he plays in front of, he is too inclined to go it alone-despite what he says about setting up others- this is just an excuse for not scoring enough goals and most concerning he simply does not learn from his mistakes. He is unpredictable but often all too predictable. Hucks has had so many clubs for a good reason, managers look at him and are impressed, they try to assimilate him into a team and the balance goes and he will not adapt. Worthington has made him more inclined to work back harder but he is often leaving his own defence exposed - remember Fulham away? Remember too Ruel Fox who did improve the defensive side of his game and became a more complete player. Hucks may have deservedly earned his place in the Norwich Hall Of Fame but Norwich City have been especially good for Darren Huckerby, he would never have played so many Premier League games had he not made the move to an upwardly mobile Championship side.

[quote]As I said before the season started Worthsy biggest challenge was to find a formation that can accomodate Hux and Ashton. I have continually said that Hux is a striker, but it is clear he is not a pa...[/quote]

I too have always said that Hucks is a striker ZLF ,    and I never did like seeing him stuck out on the left wing !   all to often  our tactics  have been to punt the ball up to him  , then  stand off and watch while he has to get through two or three defenders  single handed !  its to his credit that  he often manages to do this ,  but IF he had support  on his runs   I think  we would see the goals  come ...

A little belated maybe , but Nigel HAS been trying Hucks in other positions ,  and   I thought he looked  far more dangerous  in the centre  than when he played left wing

[quote]I''m sad to say that I feel Hux is a one trick pony - and the difference between our last season in this division and this season is that teams have worked out how to play him. Allow him space and h...[/quote]

Serious question, not a dig - how many times have you seen Hucks play this season?

Just a thought - as I was walking back to the tube station after the match on Saturday these two QPR fans were talking about the norwich team, well Huckerby in particualr. I didn''t think he had that good a game, but they thought he was class - thats the thing, he IS actually better than your standard player, its just that we have such high expectations of him (because if he does deliver....)

[quote]I''m sad to say that I feel Hux is a one trick pony - and the difference between our last season in this division and this season is that teams have worked out how to play him. Allow him space and h...[/quote]

Yes Plastic .. having two or three  defenders   " glued " to you would make any player " invisible "  !   whilst this scenerio is in process one could ask what  the forwards are doing  ?   taking advantage  of the situation ?  supporting him ?   the truth , particularly last season  , is that  they hung around the box waiting for his crosses !!  which , by the way  , they usually hammered every whichway  but in the net  

As for his premier display , lets see now , you say he`s not a one man team ?  which , of course , is true ,  I would ask you where the rest of the team was  ?  countless crosses from Hucks wasted , Greeno letting them in  as if HE was invisible !  mid fielders  not supporting Hucks  when he has the ball .. the list goes on

hucks said he''s in it here for the long haul,so where is this idea coming from.
if he isn''t man enough to try and play for another manager then he''s
welcome to go, I somehow think hucks more of a man than to walk out
on his team. Besides wasn''t it worthy who dropped hucks
at the start of the season and didn''t defend him in public,
how do we know hucks isn''t counting these days till worthy
goes.

Remember though that Huck''s wages aren''t paid by Norwich City but someone else, so he wouldn''t leave if we were relegated. That''s neither here nor there. I don''t know about you lot but i feel sick at the thought of sacking Worthy, lets face it, it''s not just Worthy''s fault, look at our players, Hucks hasn''t been anything like he was when we won the League, Leon is injured and our defenders don''t seem to know their backsides from their elbows. Lets stick with Worthy through this season, i can''t see us getting relegated and lets face it, we ain''t gonna get promotion even with a new manager, by losing worthy we''ll go straight back to the dark days on the late 90s with manager after manager. Anyone who is saying we should get Burley must be having a laugh, does anyone seriously reckon he''d come to NCFC???! On top of that he doesn''t seem to stay at clubs very long.

So i say, lets grin and bare it, things might change when we have a fully fit squad and until Jose is knocking on our door begging for the manager''s job we must keep Worthy.

Motoredd canary

On the subject of Huckerby, I have felt in the past that he could play on the left effectively, without leaving that side too exposed, but results this season have made me wonder. IMO, at the moment he is not a 25+ out and out stiker and never has been really, he is much more of the povider. Like ZLP said, it is clear for all to see that at the moment/maybe with more time and work it could happen, that deano and hucks cant play up front together. 

ZLP, i do like the sound of the 4-2-3-1, with the current players that we''ve got i think it might just work. Back to huckerby and the original comments, that we might have to say byebye to huckerby if a new manager comes in, i cant agree with that. Firstly huckerby is second to none when it comes to professionalism, therefore if a new manager does come in he should have no problems with hucks'' attitude etc. Also on his day, (dont care what anyone else says), but Huckerby is still the most danagerous and effective attacking player in this league, and up there in the top 7 in the premiership! I think when it comes down to it (if i was a coach/manager/player), id always say that i''d much rather keep Huckerby and have him playing for me, than sell him and have him playing against me!

So basically if any (new) coach/manager is stupid enough to sell Huckerby, when playing in a league, that he is clearly way above average for, would be madness!

(sorry about spellings/grammar, no time to check it)

[quote]Hucks is an enigma. He can win you matches, however, he won''t head the ball, he gets caught offside so often it is criminal, he doesn''t release the ball quickly enough, he frightens the full backs but...[/quote]

good call

ye but hucks is a good attackin lft midfilder who creates and scores sooooo many goals for us.

[quote]Remember though that Huck''s wages aren''t paid by Norwich City but someone else, so he wouldn''t leave if we were relegated. That''s neither here nor there. I don''t know about you lot but i feel sick at ...[/quote]

Yes Moterred  ,   but Hucks  was playing with  a far different team than what we have now !