Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Rhodes and Hooper

Shef Wed apparently after both of them. The reported fees are 12m for Rhodes and 3.5m for Hooper!!!!!

If Blackburn are valuing Rhodes at 12m then surely we are letting Hooper go on the cheap if these values are correct.

After all Hooper has proved that he CAN score goals in the premier league if given the chance where as Rhodes has not.

The price for Rhodes is crazy. Surely we can ask more for Hooper.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Shef Wed apparently after both of them. The reported fees are 12m for Rhodes and 3.5m for Hooper!!!!!

If Blackburn are valuing Rhodes at 12m then surely we are letting Hooper go on the cheap if these values are correct.

After all Hooper has proved that he CAN score goals in the premier league if given the chance where as Rhodes has not.

The price for Rhodes is crazy. Surely we can ask more for Hooper.[/quote]I think it is more important that the deal go through and we free up his wages.But yeah, I take your point, Rhodes has always been overpriced.

Isn''t one of the issues that Hooper''s contract runs out in six months. Where as Rhodes has three and a half years left on his.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Shef Wed apparently after both of them. The reported fees are 12m for Rhodes and 3.5m for Hooper!!!!!

The price for Rhodes is crazy. Surely we can ask more for Hooper.[/quote]I think it is more important that the deal go through and we free up his wages.But yeah, I take your point, Rhodes has always been overpriced.[/quote]You''re just saying that because you''re paranoid that McNally''s going to turn a profit on Hooper and you''re going to have to get your bum out on the pitch.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Shef Wed apparently after both of them. The reported fees are 12m for Rhodes and 3.5m for Hooper!!!!!

The price for Rhodes is crazy. Surely we can ask more for Hooper.[/quote]I think it is more important that the deal go through and we free up his wages.But yeah, I take your point, Rhodes has always been overpriced.[/quote]You''re just saying that because you''re paranoid that McNally''s going to turn a profit on Hooper and you''re going to have to get your bum out on the pitch.[/quote]Maybe a little[:$]

There is a reason that Rhodes is still in the championship and not at a lower placed Premier league club. He is vastly over priced by Blackburn. It must be at least four years now that there has been speculation that he will be bought by a EPL side, and only Blackburn have acquired his services in that time.

Not sure how anybody actually knows the asking price for Hooper, but in any event it''s the cost of his wages that we need to offload and from what I''ve read is causing a bit of a blockage with Sheffield.

All the usual posturing I imagine to try and negotiate a cheaper price.

By offloading Hoops for a few million and saving on wages this would presumably go some way towards a loan fee for a decent striker.

I don''t think any of us should now doubt that the club will get the best possible deal.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Not sure how anybody actually knows the asking price for Hooper, but in any event it''s the cost of his wages that we need to offload and from what I''ve read is causing a bit of a blockage with Sheffield.

All the usual posturing I imagine to try and negotiate a cheaper price.

By offloading Hoops for a few million and saving on wages this would presumably go some way towards a loan fee for a decent striker.

I don''t think any of us should now doubt that the club will get the best possible deal.[/quote]I think whats important here is that our whole season isn''t hanging on this. If it all falls through, and we have Hooper here till the end of the season, so be it. We can afford, as fans, to be relaxed and patient about this.

There is a reason Rhodes has been passed over by Premier League in recent years and that isn''t just because of the fee Blackburn are demanding.

There are serious questions about whether he has the physicality, the mobility and the all round game to play as a lone striker. There were often occasions last season in away games when Rhodes was left on the bench and Gestede (not exactly the most mobile himself) was favoured by Blackburn as the lone striker.

Does that remind you on any strikers we have on the books at the moment by any chance?