Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Interesting stat

Well someone had to do it now Grefstad''s gone... [:D]Two of thoose wus oonly kids thoo Nayul...

Yeah but, but but... we already had Jarvis, and we already new we were getting Naismith, and Godfrey is only an under 21 player, and Klose only played a couple of games in the champions league this season not all of them....

😉

According to Sky we are also the biggest spenders at £20M!!! So far Prem clubs have spent a total £78M this window so we have accounted for a quarter of that. Now I''m sure some will point out net spend as we have recouped over £8M on Grabban & Bennett.

Still good news so far & with possibly a striker to come things look a little brighter.

Since when is a relegation-threatened club being busiest in the January transfer window a cause for celebration? The time for all this mutual back-slapping is when we''re arithmetically safe. That''s when we''ll know whether or not we''ve had a good window.

I''ll enjoy the moment westcoast. I''ll leave (and trust) all the stuff I can''t control (like coaching the new players to make us safe) to those that can.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I''ll enjoy the moment westcoast. I''ll leave (and trust) all the stuff I can''t control (like coaching the new players to make us safe) to those that can.[/quote]
What is this "moment" Crabby? The moment the board added another 26M GBP to the club''s costs (figure courtesy of Parma)?  And the idea of any football fan "leaving what he can''t control to those that can" is risible. For a start, there''d only be a handful of posters left on this forum. Would be good though; the few who were left could actually discuss the game of football).  [:D]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"] Since when is a relegation-threatened club being busiest in the January transfer window a cause for celebration? The time for all this mutual back-slapping is when we''re arithmetically safe. That''s when we''ll know whether or not we''ve had a good window.[/quote]

Only the future will validate the present but by then it will be the present and we will be trying to validate the past, we''ll wish we could go back and make it OK or be pleased at what it was.

In that sense if the worst does happen, i''m glad we gave it a good go unlike last time under Hughton where we went out spending nothing and then going down with a whimper. The board have learnt from their mistakes and I obviously hope they are rewarded with another season at premiership level.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I''ll enjoy the moment westcoast. I''ll leave (and trust) all the stuff I can''t control (like coaching the new players to make us safe) to those that can.[/quote]
What is this "moment" Crabby? The moment the board added another 26M GBP to the club''s costs (figure courtesy of Parma)?  And the idea of any football fan "leaving what he can''t control to those that can" is risible. For a start, there''d only be a handful of posters left on this forum. Would be good though; the few who were left could actually discuss the game of football).  [:D]
[/quote]

That''s over the space of 4 years though and worrying about that kind of assumes that we can''t get rid of the new signings if we get relegated or they aren''t very good. We''ve even recouped a bit of money on Ricky and that was a complete disaster!

I''m just a humble fan/supporter westcoast.

The day I become CEO of Norwich City, I''ll be able to give your post the informed response it deserves.

Here is a surprising (well, it was to me) statistic. Since the Premier League started 25 clubs have been top of the table at some point. We are in 10th place, with 129 days (effectively that first season). Spurs have only racked up 33 days on top, and Everton a mere 8. Ipswich? Just the one day - but what a day that must have been...

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I''ll enjoy the moment westcoast. I''ll leave (and trust) all the stuff I can''t control (like coaching the new players to make us safe) to those that can.[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally I''m enjoying the moment that we''ve brought in some players who hopefully will strengthen the team in some areas that need it and improve our chances of surviving in the Prem.  If anyone wants to look at the extra cost as a bad thing, would they be happy if we didn''t sign anyone and left our team with those problem areas ?  Or would they never be happy, unless we''re able to sign some top class players at bargain transfer fees/wages (which obviously is a fantasy).

I think we can sensibly rely on the board to budget for these signings so we are living within our means even if we end up getting relegated.  We can speculate about the figures but inevitably those are only available some way into the future (and never give the full picture).

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"] Since when is a relegation-threatened club being busiest in the January transfer window a cause for celebration? The time for all this mutual back-slapping is when we''re arithmetically safe. That''s when we''ll know whether or not we''ve had a good window.[/quote]

Only the future will validate the present but by then it will be the present and we will be trying to validate the past, we''ll wish we could go back and make it OK or be pleased at what it was.

[/quote]
[:D] Bad news if we''re then trying to validate the past. The thing for Crabby to cling on to is hope that that moment arrives when we can truly be pleased at what yesterday was. 

@ICF
[Y] A certain positivity is entirely appropriate in the circumstances ICF, a degree of relief, even satisfaction. But yesterday you''d have thought the job was already done!

westcoast, I''ll take your post at face value.

If we don''t invest in better players we may not ever get to the arithmetically safe place you and I hope for.

As a fan I will enjoy the moment that my team looks like (to my untrained Coaches eye) it has improved with (calculated by far better people than I) investment.

I''m not going to save all my emotions until May. I am a humble football fan, it''s what I do

I agree it''s Important not to get too carried away but equally sitting back and saying we won''t know how good it is until after the season has ended is just a bit lazy for me. with hindsight it''s all pretty obvious.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]I agree it''s Important not to get too carried away but equally sitting back and saying we won''t know how good it is until after the season has ended is just a bit lazy for me. with hindsight it''s all pretty obvious.[/quote]
One man''s laziness is another man''s wisdom.

Well I''m happy to say that this window has been the best ever when you think of what we need at the moment. We''ve got pretty much all we wished for. Will it work out? Who knows but the Board have given it a good shot.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]I agree it''s Important not to get too carried away but equally sitting back and saying we won''t know how good it is until after the season has ended is just a bit lazy for me. with hindsight it''s all pretty obvious.[/quote]
One man''s laziness is another man''s wisdom.
[/quote]
Or indeed the same man''s wisdom [;)]