Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Got him

Scottish Sun reporting
''STEVEN NAISMITH last night agreed a deal to join Alex Neil`s Norwich City.The Scotland attacker has moved down the pecking order at Everton and the Canaries had an £8million bid for him rejected on deadline day last summer.Naismith, 29, is expected to have his medical at Carrow Road on Monday. Norwich`s Premier League relegation rivals Swansea, Sunderland, Newcastle and Aston Villa, as well as Championship Middlesbrough, had also been after him.''Monday could be a busy day with Timm Klose reportedly having a medical on Monday as well.If true, this is good news but please bear in mind this has come from the Sun!OTBC Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=430785#ixzz3xVEMapKp

err Bristol...got him?...hes signed?...how absurd...its media reports that he may have decided to join, but he hasnt even had a medical yet, totally ridiculous statement.

Yeah The Scottish Sun was the latest I had heard too, just wondered if there was something newer / more reliable.

I''m a bit on the fence re: Naismith now - it seems he has dragged his feet as long as possible hoping to go somewhere else.  I know when players say stuff like "as soon as I saw Colney I knew this was the only club for me" it''s obviously pure bull, but I would have hoped for a little more enthusiasm for our club.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]I''m a bit on the fence re: Naismith now - it seems he has dragged his feet as long as possible hoping to go somewhere else.  I know when players say stuff like "as soon as I saw Colney I knew this was the only club for me" it''s obviously pure bull, but I would have hoped for a little more enthusiasm for our club.
[/quote]I heard he is actually injured just now, perhaps that has stalled things? Or it is simply that Everton have their own targets they need to get in, before they release anyone.

Maybe, yeah. The "5 games in 14 days" thing Martinez quoted should now have lapsed and I don''t think he got a kick so it does suggest he has no future at Everton.
If we look at money on this, swapping Grabban for Naismith is good business.  He will give us a direct edge and should link well with either Jerome or Mbokani.  I just hope his heart is in it.

I have no qualms about this guy or his attitude Darth. Seems to me all thru this saga he has tried his best to seek a club more up north, closer to where he and his family already live. But if that has not been forthcoming, and he indeed does  decide to join City, it will have been a huge decision on his and his familys part. But rest assured, this guy is the ultimate professional, he will give his all for Norwich City. Even off the pitch he does lots to help people who are less fortunate than himself it seems. Reading the Everton forums these past few weeks, ive rarely read  such glowing reports on one footballer before as what Naismith has had from the Toffee fans.If he comes, we should applaud him for what seems not an easy decision for him, and welcome him one and all.

[quote user="alartz"]For the last time. Naismith doesn''t want to move to norfolk. Words from Kyle lafferty himself[/quote] K, thanks for that alartz. Hs KL informed Alex about this?, it will save a lot of hanging around waiting on him then >.>

strange how AN was we don''t talk about other clubs players

now he is saying / talking about Naismith and klose so I imagine must be signing otherwise he is breaking his code of silence about other teams players

probably has not changed his stance, 99% of the time  he will indeed not mention player names, but everyones human. and managers are asked incessantly thru every transfer window the same old questions, its inevitable the odd occasion Alex will drop his guard.

[quote user="Essjayess"]I have no qualms about this guy or his attitude Darth. Seems to me all thru this saga he has tried his best to seek a club more up north, closer to where he and his family already live. But if that has not been forthcoming, and he indeed does  decide to join City, it will have been a huge decision on his and his familys part. But rest assured, this guy is the ultimate professional, he will give his all for Norwich City. Even off the pitch he does lots to help people who are less fortunate than himself it seems. Reading the Everton forums these past few weeks, ive rarely read  such glowing reports on one footballer before as what Naismith has had from the Toffee fans.If he comes, we should applaud him for what seems not an easy decision for him, and welcome him one and all.[/quote]Well summed up.As Naismith and his family are from Scotland you can''t blame him for wanting to stay in the North if possible especially with a pregnant wife to consider. That said AN has done the same - slightly different in his case as managing Norwich is a huge step up from Hamilton - and I''m sure he''s worked his magic in re-assuring the Naismiths that living in East Anglia isn''t as bad as some would have us believe.

Well, bristol and alartz could not be further away from each other as regards the current situation, so ya, lets wait n see.

In the Ireland v Scotland game last summer at the Aviva, Dublin, Naismith was THE standout player for Scotland, he was the driving force of their forwards, always full of running (n.b. Grefsted), aggressive and an uncanny Knack for getting across a player and drawing a foul, as well as being a prickly pain in the butt until he was subbed on 90+ minutes. The general feeling in the crowd around me was that Ireland could do with a player like that. I think we could too.

Can''t blame the man at this stage of his career taking a while to decide on such a geographical move.

He can share the petrol travelling up with the ganffer when he goes to see his family...

In all seriousness though, he only needs to worry about the next 4 months for now. Until we secure survival, we need not worry about next season and the implications and neither should he.

He doesn''t know how lucky he''s been in avoiding "the club from the north" anyway. His family will far prefer Norwich.

I''m sure the club has sprung for a super saver family railcard to sweeten the deal, potentially saving him a small fortune on the regular trips home.

Maybe he could be comforted a bit more  knowing the word Norfolk actually means "Northern Folk". Och aye the noo, bor!

Can''t do the linky thing.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-set-7195072

Brilliant signing at 1.5 Mil after we just sold a reserve. We''ve never had real competition for Hoolahan before in that AM role and all of Naismiths'' strengths happen to make up for all of Hoolahans'' weaknesses''. They could be absolutely superb playing together as well for those reasons