Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Ross McCormack bid from Borough

As others have said, £10 million for a 29 year old with no PL experience. No thanks

Boro bidding £6m for Matt Phillips from QPR. Think I read QPR want £6.5m plus a player in exchange. A couple of signings like this for them will all but clinch promotion for them.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Boro bidding £6m for Matt Phillips from QPR. Think I read QPR want £6.5m plus a player in exchange. A couple of signings like this for them will all but clinch promotion for them.[/quote]Trouble is, is what they are buying actually any good for when they get there?Not that it matters, they seem to have plenty cash to splash.

If you  solely take this transfer window, the ins and outs, City have a net spend in  the month in transfer fees of around 12-13 million, we dont know the wages for Pinto, Klose and Naisy combined of course, but that would be lessened a bit by the saving wages from Bennett and Grabban. Seem to recall from somewhere Alex had a chest of 20 mill for transfer fees, thou cannot recall  what source that was from. Anyway presuming thats right, City would have about 7 or 8 mill still available, plus the fees from Hooper, also Lafferty if sold. This could push available transfer fee pot to around 10-12 mill, plus of course 2 more wages saved, Hoopers alone 32k a week, unknown what Laffertys is. On that basis, City would have enough for say, a 10 mill striker and maybe a loan, and just about stay within the 20 mill chest DM allows Alex. Fag packet  assessments of course but thats the nearest to what we know nothing punters can guess.Doubt we would go for any of the Champs strikers, recall Alex saying 10 mill this window for a guy like Afobe was to much, so if we were to spend that on a striker, methinks from a Prem. club or abroad.

I think your right Essjayess, there will be one more big outlay this January on a striker and it will be from abroad, i.e Haller for example. A big name player would be superb.

I would also like to see us go after Andre Grey in the summer also.