Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Ross McCormack bid from Borough

I doubt any further signings will be getting close to £10m, and if they were I''d expect it to be for someone who''s proven in the league. So no and no.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]If we sign a forward I think we''ll only be spending 5-6m max.[/quote]Yeah, probably about that.I suspect we''re pretty much spent up now, and any deal for a striker will have to come from anything we get for Hooper and Lafferty.

There still should be plenty left in the spending pot , what is he net spend after all the ins and outs since the summer ? it must still be very low for a top flight side . I expect a striker to come in that''s a given as they had Haller over for a look around , i also think they will have more than one eye on relegation and sign the worse than useless Dwight Gayle .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]There still should be plenty left in the spending pot , what is he net spend after all the ins and outs since the summer ? it must still be very low for a top flight side . I expect a striker to come in that''s a given as they had Haller over for a look around , i also think they will have more than one eye on relegation and sign the worse than useless Dwight Gayle .[/quote]I don''t know, what is the net spend?Don''t forget the transfer fee is only part of the story.I saw someone, using fag packet arithmetic, say we had spent 23m this transfer window. In the summer we got in :-Brady 7mDorrans 3mThe rest were loans or freeWe only made 100k on Cam McGeehan.Bradley Johnson 6mThis window we have made 7m on Grabban, Bennett was undisclosed, but doubt it was much.So that adds up to 30m spent, and around 13m back in, so a net spend of 17m plus whatever we have had to pay out on wages.

Didnt we get £120m for promotion 😉.

If we selling Hooper today and neil has made it quite clear that If someone stump up the cash for Lafferty then he can go then surely we must be looking for another striker.

Should imagine this Haller is the guy we are after. Can''t see why we get him to look round the club if we didn''t want him. Plus why would he come look round if he wanted to play in European cup competitions.

Maybe all agent talk but hey you never know.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]We should have another £10m-£12m to spend a player and then a loan.[/quote]Oh right, what you basing that on?

[quote user="Mind the gap"]McCormack is just the sort of jack in the box we need.

Not had a real one of those since Flecky, IMO.[/quote]Could Naismith not be that player?

Probably the same method that you''re basing your £6m figure from.

Though of course just because we may have that money to spend, we might not actually spend it like the last window.

I think Naismith is just about market value, he is a very good player after all. Every other team in the PL got bags of cash causing inflated prices. Naysmith five years ago would have been 4-5 million (just a guess)

Another thing about Naismith, I think some will be surprised about how good he is. I''ve seen a few comments, about him being a midfielder!? Too old at 29 etc. He''s an experienced Pl attacking player and we should be chuffed to bits.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]We should have another £10m-£12m to spend a player and then a loan.[/quote]Oh right, what you basing that on?[/quote]
10-12 including wages on a 3 year contract maybe. Which brings us back down to 6-ish again.

McCormack is preferable to Rhodes for sure but completely overvalued.

Good signing for boro but would hope we can sign better for less tbh.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Probably the same method that you''re basing your £6m figure from.

Though of course just because we may have that money to spend, we might not actually spend it like the last window.[/quote]I plucked those figures of a transfers website, I don''t claim them to be accurate at all.But I have never seen anything published, saying how much money we have to spend, or intend spending, thats my point.

I based the 5-6m figure on what I think we''ll be getting from Hooper, Lafferty, any others that leave and David McNally''s ''bulk'' comment. Whilst technically 20 millionish is the bulk of 30 million I can''t see us going much further than 20. Also Gayle will be available for this fee.

Suppose you could take the bulk of the business being done as a number of players moving and not fees. In which case one more big signing could happen. Doubt it though.

Come on Norwich, surprise us.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I based the 5-6m figure on what I think we''ll be getting from Hooper, Lafferty, any others that leave and David McNally''s ''bulk'' comment. Whilst technically 20 millionish is the bulk of 30 million I can''t see us going much further than 20. Also Gayle will be available for this fee.

Suppose you could take the bulk of the business being done as a number of players moving and not fees. In which case one more big signing could happen. Doubt it though.

Come on Norwich, surprise us.[/quote]In reality though, I doubt we''ll get much more than three million for Hooper, and Lafferty will be "undisclosed".

Come on lappinitup couldn''t you tell by the 😉 I was being sarcastic.

Genuinely there are people who think you get promoted and then get given a £120m cheque.

They''ll certainly be undisclosed. Say it is a few million for Hooper though, 750k for Lafferty and whatever for Whitts/Andreu? we''d be saving a fairly sizeable chunk of wages, even if some of those contracts would be ending this year.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]They''ll certainly be undisclosed. Say it is a few million for Hooper though, 750k for Lafferty and whatever for Whitts/Andreu? we''d be saving a fairly sizeable chunk of wages, even if some of those contracts would be ending this year.[/quote]I would not be unhappy with a young striking prospect on loan from a "bigger club" and save a bit of money for the summer, where we''d get better value.I think we have a good mix of players, and I''m not sitting here thinking "sh1t, we really need to sign that one player, or we''re down".

If you would like my thought process, the last PL window(s) we must have spent around £27m to my calculations, as you say, so far we''ve spent £30m, however we''ve also sold players for more money this year assuming Hooper goes today/tomorrow (as well as the possibility that Laffs might go as well and even Whitts). Furthermore we have the parachute money that is still coming in so we''ll be richer there as well as the fact that we''ll likely spend more this season than any other because this season we really do need to stay up given the TV money that is coming in next year. Having said that, just because we may have the money to sign a player for £11m plus wages, it doesn''t mean that we will; AN might think that Haller is a better option (if he wants to join) and rumours say he''s going for around £6m.

Pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd years of parachute payments stopped when we got ourselves promoted.

I also remember reading that we were on course to make a loss this year, even before this window opened. Not sure how much truth there was in that but I think it came from the club at an agm or other fans event.

So they did KS, the money gets shared between the PL clubs:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/every-premier-league-club-wants-5756658

McCormack is 29, that is a fair old age to buy a player, at the sort of money being mentioned, for someone, whom I think I am right in saying , hasn''t played in the Premier League yet?

Seems the valuations for him and Rhodes are disproportionate to other players (taking in the Chumps factor)

When a relegated team is promoted

the parachute money is them split between the teams left in the league unless it has changed