Sign in to follow this  

Have we found our new Holt?

Interesting watch here... Sorry can''t do links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcr1s4sFa4&feature=youtu.be

I have started to feel absurdly optimistic. I just get the feeling - from everything I see & hear about him - that he''s exactly the player we need , particularly as an inspiration to our attack.

Incidentally, i''d love to see a rerun of the picture of him & Alex confronting each other, this time suited & booted - & smiling!

Thanks for the link. From the words I could actually decipher, I get the impression he''s generally thought of as "sound, like" on Merseyside.

I wonder when the last time was that we signed a decent quality striker, from another Premiership side?

Sounds like we after years of searching we finally have a player who can compete with Wes and offer something a little different in that role too. Everyone is very complimentary of him as a player and his character. Seems like he will fit in well with the club''s community ethos and hopefully become a big player on the pitch for us too. Exciting times.

Well done Lake District Canary... No, we haven''t found a new Holt, Holt was a striker, Naismith is an attacking midfielder. End of! We need a striker.

We 100% need a new striker but I also think he''ll get the best out of mbokani.

Hoolahan trying to thread balls through to someone who can''t take players on isn''t exactly working, would much prefer Naismith lurking around him for knock downs, he also provides an extra presence in the box that hoolahan doesn''t really add

[quote user="firststeps"]Well done Lake District Canary... No, we haven''t found a new Holt, Holt was a striker, Naismith is an attacking midfielder. End of! We need a striker.[/quote]

I think you misinterpreted his point. He was basically saying they are more than just their position on the field, its their character.

Holty was more than just a striker. He''d drag us through games sometimes and gee others on. It''s hopeful that Naismith will have this never say die mentality too.