Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Hooper deal agreed

Great business by NCFC board here. Getting ANYTHING for him when he was gone in the summer anyway is very laudible. May he continue to have success at SW for their supporters sake. Best news of the day.

freeing up his high wages will be perfect - and give us some time to secure an amazing +1

hopefully anyway

Gone is the summer is not strictly true as we have the option for one more year

but you are right it is good to get some decent money for him and for Sheffield they get a player who suits the style they play

and the one extra bonus is I hope they make the playoffs and keep Ipswich out

One report mentions a fee anything between 3.5 and 6 million so will have to wait and see. While some (me included at times) at times thought it might be ok to hang on to him, in truth its better to look at the bigger picture. Having so many front men (Grabban, Hooper, Ricky, Laffs) retained still when the summer window ended, it seemed overwhelming to have so many  strikers at the club doing nothing. But this window sure is turning out differently to the last one. If in the next week or so we can shift Laffs and Whitts to, i think we can all say City have done a huge job in clearing out  many of the guys who in truth had no more prospect of being in first 11, hardly even bench warmers.Seem like Alex is really going for it, creating the space indeed for "1 or 2 more" as he put it. Some window this could turn out to be. If he does leave tomorrow, i wish Gary all the best, definitely a goal scorer, but never fully worked out here for him. Seem like hes found a good club, sure he will do well there.

Wish him well and hope it works out for him there, wondering where he will live ? since been here he has been living in Essex,,,,, also means with Grabban gone that Gary O''Neil will have to travel on his own for training, when gets his licence back !

I wonder if this means that we are close to signing a new striker ... or merely that he was truly surplus to Neil''s requirements.

Crazy / sad to remember how excited I was when we bought RVW and Hooper.

Another case of the club having to move on.

The perfect finisher, but doesn''t do alot else. Luxury player which we now need to cash in on.

[quote user="firststeps"]We really need to get the Wolf off our books![/quote]

This would be great too. Unfortunately prob. have to wait for summer

Nowhere near as bad as some make out however always looks like a player that needs to be playing constantly to maintain fitness and any type of form, something we''ve never been able to justify giving him.

Hooper actually has a pretty impressive goals to games ratio for us. I''d rather keep him unless we''re bringing in someone else. I just can''t see him playing up top as a solo striker ahead of CamJam or Mbok.

Changed his Twitter pic back to one of him in a Norwich kit.Is there a last minute twist??!!

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY have completed the

signing of Gary Hooper from top-flight outfit Norwich City for the fee

in the region of £3m.

The striker wrapped up his expected switch from East Anglia today,

signing a three-and-half year deal - and could make his full debut as a

permanent Owls player in tomorrow’s Championship game at Reading.

Wednesday

saw a big-money bid accepted by Norwich on Wednesday night and after

discussions between representatives yesterday, the finishing touches on

the move were finalised today.

READ MORE - Barry Bannan on the goals Gary Hooper can deliver for the Owls

After a quiet start to his Owls career, Essex-born Hooper hit six goals in his last six outings for the club.

His

haul of four goals in the Owls last two home matches effectively earned

the club six priceless points with Hooper hitting braces in the wins

over Bolton Wanderers and Leeds United, beaten 3-2 and 2-0 respectively.

That URL is now returning a 404 error for me – maybe they jumped the gun?

Think they may have jumped the gun a little:

Norwich manager Alex Neil has had his say on Gary Hooper’s potential move away from Carrow Road.

He said: "Negotiations are ongoing and we''re not far away."

Seems it''s going to happen as we all expected, but not official yet. :)

Hopefully we can put that transfer fee towards bringing in another striker of our own.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Hooper''s agent has put pictures of him signing on Twitter - it is done.[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsvxetwxe9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsvxetwxe9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

He had a good season with us in the champ, and scored a lot of very vital goals and finished with the best goals/games ratio of anyone in our squad. His time with us has certainly been rather odd - never given a good run of games yet still scored regularly enough to warrant his place in the squad, if not the stating XI. I hope we''re going to invest the money from the sale back into the playing squad to bring in a good striker.

It is weirdly nice to see us making profits on players for a change - unlike the Doncaster days where everyone left cheap or free!

Good luck Mr Hooper, your help in getting us promoted certainly won''t be forgotten by me

[quote user="AJ"]He had a good season with us in the champ, and scored a lot of very vital goals and finished with the best goals/games ratio of anyone in our squad. His time with us has certainly been rather odd - never given a good run of games yet still scored regularly enough to warrant his place in the squad, if not the stating XI. I hope we''re going to invest the money from the sale back into the playing squad to bring in a good striker.

It is weirdly nice to see us making profits on players for a change - unlike the Doncaster days where everyone left cheap or free!

Good luck Mr Hooper, your help in getting us promoted certainly won''t be forgotten by me[/quote]Didn''t we pay about 5 million for him?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]I wonder what the final sale price was? Be great if we got anywhere near to what we paid...[/quote]Seeing "around 3m" bandied around. Worth it to get his wages off the books.