Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Bottom 3 again soon?

A fortnight is a long time in football. After the good festive period and a nice 5 point cushion above the bottom 3 it looked as if we had turned the corner with 2 away games against Stoke and Bournmouth which whilst difficult provided possibilities of points on the road. The Stoke debacle with the stupid sending off so early followed by the Bournmouth humiliation combined with good results by many other strugglers now puts us just 2 points above third from bottom with Liverpool, Spurs to come followed by Villa away. Despite our new signings who need a period of integration it is quite possible we could lose both home games making the Villa game massive. We could easily fall into the bottom 3 again and indeed i expect us to but thereafter hopeful our new signings will start to make an impact. Lots of twists and turns to come i am sure but this battle looks increasingly on direction of travel and investment to be 3 out of Norwich, Swansea, Newcastle , Sunderland and Villa. A lot will depend on how we perform in the 6 pointers against these clubs but 38 points which normally is enough to stay up looks a long way off at the moment

I looked at the remaining fixtures a couple of weeks ago & wondered where the points would come from. Without going too over-the-top, I’m enthused by the new signings & have renewed belief that all things are possible…

No Morty thats the reality . Newcastle wont go down , Swansea are unlikely to and Sunderland usually manage to get out of it . Norwich are in a much worse position than many will admit to and i hope these new signings will be equally happy playing in the Champs next season or we could end up in a right old mess .

I''ve checked the whole of the internet and the word ''reality'' hasn''t been redefined, we can all relax.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]No Morty thats the reality . Newcastle wont go down , Swansea are unlikely to and Sunderland usually manage to get out of it . Norwich are in a much worse position than many will admit to and i hope these new signings will be equally happy playing in the Champs next season or we could end up in a right old mess .[/quote]I assume you''re getting yourself to the bookies and putting a stack on these predictions then. What with you being so sure and everything.

Perhaps, perhaps not. That''s the joy of premiership football! No need to get your snickers in a twix. It''s obvious 23 points won''t be enough to survive. Im don''t care what order our points and our rivals points come in, I only care what the table says in May after 38 games.

So, after probably our best transfer window ever, and most of us a bit excited about the new players, is this the first dribbles of wee from the pant wetters?

It''s what I mentioned before about the goalposts being moved. Now we have spent a lot of money the ''net spend'' phrase will get used more and more.

[quote user="Herman "]It''s what I mentioned before about the goalposts being moved. Now we have spent a lot of money the ''net spend'' phrase will get used more and more.[/quote]Lol, yeah, you got it spot on[Y]

1) Uneducated bell''s scream : "WE''LL GET RELEGATED COZ WE AINT SIGNING NO PLAYERS IN JANUARY COZ OUR BOARD LOVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP DONT THEY BOOO DELIA BOOO"
2) Board advocate spending so far, in excess of 20 million strengthening the team in the most important departments according to many of our fans.
3) "WELL...WE''RE GOING DOWN ANYWAYZZ COZ BOURNEMOUTH BEAT US AND I LOVE THEM I JUST LOVE THEM THEY''RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN US & GRABBAN PROBS SCORE 20 GOALS BEFORE END OF SEASON".
4) We stay up, with Naismith bagging 5 goals between now and the end of the season, Klose and Pinto enable us to keep several clean sheets and everyone is in party mode with 1 game left of the season. *
5) "WHY YOU HAPPY CLAPPERS SO HAPPY WE ONLY STAYED UP COZ BOURNEMOUTH WENT DOWN AND THEYRE A TINY LITTLE CLUB ITS HARDLY AN ACHIEVEMENT AND NOW THEYVE GONE DOWN WE ARE DEFINITELY GETTING RELEGATED NEXT SEASON COZ HULL AND DERBY ARE WAY BETTER THAN US ANYWAY AND THE BOARD WONT SPEND ANY MONEY IN THE SUMMERZ" *
*Please note 4 and 5 haven''t happened yet. However I''m fairly confident that this prediction won''t be far off the money.

Yes OP, the villa game will be huge and obviously if we lose the next 3, we will be right in the mix, but I think we can get something v Liverpool with a bit of renewed spirit we might even beat them.

[quote user="Herman "]It''s what I mentioned before about the goalposts being moved. Now we have spent a lot of money the ''net spend'' phrase will get used more and more.[/quote]

We don''t need to spend anything on nets, the ones we''ve got are OK.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Herman "]It''s what I mentioned before about the goalposts being moved. Now we have spent a lot of money the ''net spend'' phrase will get used more and more.[/quote]

[/quote]No, they aren''t.We need to bring back yellow nets.

Think we can beat Liverpool on Saturday, especially as they had a game last night.They''re not exactly flying at the moment.Spurs have a FA Cup game on the Saturday before we play them on the Tuesday so that could be in our favour too.Six points from those two home games is not at all impossible.After that Villa away & West Ham at home are both winnable.New players, new attitude, new confidence, except it seems with the doom mongers

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

No, they aren''t.

We need to bring back yellow nets.
[/quote]

Typical happy clapper, wants to waste money and our collective of relatives and chums that Delia laughingly calls a board will sanction this vanity project .

Will yellow nets give you Premier League football next season?????????  

[:)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]No, they aren''t.We need to bring back yellow nets.[/quote]

Typical happy clapper, wants to waste money and our collective of relatives and chums that Delia laughingly calls a board will sanction this vanity project .

Will yellow nets give you Premier League football next season?????????  

[:)]

[/quote]Exactly.Its the binner boards plan to send us sleepwalking back to the Championship.Obviously.

Honestly, some people must have been missing from school when English was being taught. There is a massive difference between what ''might'' happen and what ''will'' happen. People are confusing the two.

Did we not draw at Anfield (and win at Old Trafford)? Those who can''t see where our points will come from presumably didn''t see those either. The whole point is that it is a bit unpredictable, if we play well we should be able to pick up a decent haul at least at home (where we have +2 games left to play vs away games).

Ultimately, having played just over half our games, we still have most sides to play - but of course everyone else is in precisely the same position, and will have a mix of top, middle and bottom sides to play. I don''t for one minute think our remaining games are easy, but not will anyone else''s be.

It almost definitely possibly probable that one of three results could happen (unless the game is postponed due to snow / asteroid etc); 1 - Win, 2 - Draw, 3 - Lose

However whatever the result.. it definitely doesn''t mean that we will definitely be in the bottom 3 on Monday, probably.

Noticed that too Branston. We''ve got 9 games left at home and 7 away.

Compare it to the guys around us:

Sunderland have 9 at home left, Newcastle just 7 left, Villa 8, Swansea 7 left, Chelsea 7 left, Bournemouth 8 left.

If you look at all their away records, they aren''t great. Just Bournemouth and Chelsea marginally beat our record of 8 points away from home.

I guess some of the problem lies with us having the "trickier" teams left to play at home still.

Looking at that, Liverpool have 4 wins in 11 away matches, Spurs just 4 in 10 matches, West Ham 5 in 12, even Man City have 4 wins in 10 away matches.

That''s all the "difficult games" out of the way until Man U who have 5 wins in 12 away.

Obviously we need wins, I know, but there''s plenty of points to be picked up whereas you could be forgiven for writing off some of these games away from home (Man City have 9 wins from 12 at home) more so.

Getting to the middle of the table, where most of our away opponents are, their home and away records seem to level out more, indicating they are just as hard to play at home as they are away. Everton (13,16), Palace (14,17) and WBA (14,13) are great examples of teams that have picked up similar or better points away from home and we have to visit all three still.

Obviously this can only analyse what has happened this season but some people seemed to be getting real het up that a lot of our more realistic games to get points are away. Perhaps we need to find that steel that we got when AN first came in that made us go months on end without a single away defeat! Combine that with a few lucky wins over the "big boys" who won''t fancy the long drive/ flight and we should be alright!

The main point here is that not one person is saying we will definitely stay up.But there seems a fair few who think we''ll definitely go down.I can only assume they have fragile sensibilities and have prepare themselves for the worst, just in case.

Tbf morty, If the worst does happen, we''re a well run club with a cracking squad now. There''s not a cat in hells chance we''d end up like one of them tinpot clubs like Wigan or Bolton. We''d remain competitive for at least a few seasons at the top end of the championship.

That''s why it''s not worth getting too worried about it. Bournemouth on the other hand...

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Tbf morty, If the worst does happen, we''re a well run club with a cracking squad now. There''s not a cat in hells chance we''d end up like one of them tinpot clubs like Wigan or Bolton. We''d remain competitive for at least a few seasons at the top end of the championship.

That''s why it''s not worth getting too worried about it. Bournemouth on the other hand...[/quote]Completely agree, and I actually love the Championship anyway.And we''d get to beat the scum twice again[:D]

So, in summary from this thread...* If we don''t pick up more points, we''ll get relegated.* If we win a few more games, and pick up 38 points (give-or-take) then we''ll stay up.* We don''t know which one will happen yet, as the results of many football games are not yet known. This is due to them happening in the future.I''m off to read a BuzzFeed article. I just can''t wait to see ''13 times a can of tuna broke the internet'' or something. It has to be more insightful than this. [:|]

[quote user="CanaryOne"]No Morty thats the reality . Newcastle wont go down , Swansea are unlikely to and Sunderland usually manage to get out of it . Norwich are in a much worse position than many will admit to and i hope these new signings will be equally happy playing in the Champs next season or we could end up in a right old mess .[/quote]

Do you have some inside info or something on match fixing to make a certain prediction like this if so let me know I have a ton of money to bet with