Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Who will Naismith play better with?

Assuming he plays off the "target" striker, will this see a recall for the more mobile Jerome as the front man? Or will we expect Mbokani to continue more of the back to goal role, trying to play Naismith in? 
Either way, it''s the tin lid on Hooper and Lafferty''s careers here which also suggests we may need one more - perhaps something a bit different in terms of an impact sub?

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Assuming he plays off the "target" striker, will this see a recall for the more mobile Jerome as the front man? Or will we expect Mbokani to continue more of the back to goal role, trying to play Naismith in? 
Either way, it''s the tin lid on Hooper and Lafferty''s careers here which also suggests we may need one more - perhaps something a bit different in terms of an impact sub?
[/quote]I would like to see him with Mbokani, but really, either works.

Himself?

Like morty I can see him working with either.

Maybe its the false no 9 approach and the real relationship will develop with wes

[quote user="jaemae2"]He''ll be playing in Wes'' or Redmonds spots, so neither?????[/quote]DEFINITELY not in Redmond''s spot.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"]He''ll be playing in Wes'' or Redmonds spots, so neither?????[/quote]DEFINITELY not in Redmond''s spot.[/quote]

Agree. It''s not his best spot. Not really suited for it, but he''s done it many many times before.

Will be interesting to see if Neil''s gonna use him like Everton did as a super-sub type or plug him into the AM spot at least away from home (and possibly at home in place of Wes).

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"]He''ll be playing in Wes'' or Redmonds spots, so neither?????[/quote]DEFINITELY not in Redmond''s spot.[/quote]

Agree. It''s not his best spot. Not really suited for it, but he''s done it many many times before.[/quote]He is awful played out wide, according to Everton fans.

Awful is harsh, not very good there for sure. Generally leaves the flanks wide open from cutting in like 99% of the time. That and not a guy who wants to chase that much in defense (I mean he''ll put a very poor tackle in now and again, his defensive concentration esp. out wide is non existant.)

Got to be a direct replacement for Wes. He will get closer to the forward and make it a 4-4-2 when we attack. Can also be dangerous in the air. That''s why I would play Brady wide left and Jarvis/Redmond wide right, with Tettey and Howson holding.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Awful is harsh, not very good there for sure. Generally leaves the flanks wide open from cutting in like 99% of the time. That and not a guy who wants to chase that much in defense (I mean he''ll put a very poor tackle in now and again, his defensive concentration esp. out wide is non existant.)[/quote]

Are you the self-appointed permanent Naismith watcher or just a troll?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="jaemae2"]Awful is harsh, not very good there for sure. Generally leaves the flanks wide open from cutting in like 99% of the time. That and not a guy who wants to chase that much in defense (I mean he''ll put a very poor tackle in now and again, his defensive concentration esp. out wide is non existant.)[/quote]

Are you the self-appointed permanent Naismith watcher or just a troll?[/quote]

Are you a moron or... Nah there''s nothing else.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Mbokani obviously

Or the new striker that comes in[/quote]

good answer. Still highly doubt they bring in someone to be 1st choice, who know if Haller comes or if he''d even be 1st choice...

Its a shame we''re getting rid of Hooper, i think they''d make a good partnership, Naismith doing the donkey work and Hooper finishing them. We all know Hooper doesn''t like tracking back and putting the effort in but he could definitely put the ball in the back of the net once all the hard work had been done.

"Will be interesting to see if Neil''s gonna use him like Everton did as a super-sub type or plug him into the AM spot at least away from home (and possibly at home in place of Wes"

Yer we spent £8.5 on him to be a "super sub", if he''s fit and match ready he will be starting.

Everton only used him like that because they had Ross Barkley ahead of Naismith.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]"Will be interesting to see if Neil''s gonna use him like Everton did as a super-sub type or plug him into the AM spot at least away from home (and possibly at home in place of Wes"

Yer we spent £8.5 on him to be a "super sub", if he''s fit and match ready he will be starting.

Everton only used him like that because they had Ross Barkley ahead of Naismith.[/quote]

Quite right Jeromeeeeeee and reading between what was said he has signed for regular football so cant believe we will be leaving him out as soon as he is match ready.

I have a hunch ( tin hat on lol ) he will be playing with Bamford, but probably way of the mark

[quote user="jaemae2"]Awful is harsh, not very good there for sure. Generally leaves the flanks wide open from cutting in like 99% of the time. That and not a guy who wants to chase that much in defense (I mean he''ll put a very poor tackle in now and again, his defensive concentration esp. out wide is non existant.)[/quote]

Cutting in all the time? Puts the occasional poor tackle in and lacks defensive concentration?

To be honest that describes both Redmond and Howson out wide, so I can''t really see why Neil wouldn''t accommodate Naismith there to fit him in the team at times.

Agree, it''s why I said either Wes or Redomond''s spot. Morty is right however, that he really isn''t that good when used out wide. For me he''s somewhat acceptable, but I get the gripes people have and they are valid.

Joking aside i can see him used in no 10 position,not as silky as Wes but meaner, harder, playing central, dropping in to join the midfield when not in possession but getting alongside whoever is up top when we attack.

other threads have asked the question ''is he the new GH''? not for me, but he is a right effin ball of ginger jock that can have a similar effect on the team and the crowd. He''ll lap up being harangued by opposition supporters and will be the proverbial ''wasp at the picnic '' for those he plays against.

It could all go titsup of course but for me he''s a very exciting signing.