Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

AGM Protest

The clubs AGM is coming up, and what better way to show our frustration than a friendly protest at the AGM.Rather than protests and anti-worthy chanting at home/away games this would surley be a better way to put our message across.anybody else agree with this.

Ronbol

I am attending the AGM and don''t intend to protest outside - simply had enough of that during the Chase Out era (where I was involved in the thick of it, horses charging, being spat on by fellow City fans during our boycott etc) - what I will do is listen to the board and ask questions as to what they intend to do should the present run of form continue - I know of other ordinary fans who are attending, so I am sure it will be more interesting than normal.

I can understand protests outside though, at least it won''t upset the players, though I still wonder who will be listening?

The timing of this year’s AGM was to my mind cynical in itself as the board did not want to have to face the fans when the transfer window opens in the New Year.

I certainly believe the AGM offers a great opportunity to ask some reaching and robust questions but it is a meeting and should be treated as such.  Any form of demonstration must be done outside the confines of the meeting room.

None the less I am fully supportive of the idea of making some noise outside as the directors arrive but no personal insults or trouble please.

A question for you, do they honestly expect us to believe that the building of this hotel was put out to competitive tender?  Who do they think we are?

Wish I could be there with you but, if I were, here is a question I would like a thorough answer to:

Obviously, there are many issues the club can not disclose full details on. One that they should be able to be forthcoming on is what level of due diligence is conducted when recruiting new players. We seemed to have a number of experiences recruiting players before the beginning of last season and again this season and yet, after a game or two, have no confidence in playing these people. What is our process before recruiting. How many times are the players observed actually playing games? What level of background checks do we conduct? Who is primarily responsible for the assessment? When we narrow our search and receive recommendations do we have other personnel conduct a cross-check of player performance before final decision to negotiate for recruitment? 

I said friendly, No i don''t won''t to see the chase out era return, better to protest were directors are likley to hear the protest than at matches.

keep it friendly at all costs

Consider this , IF there is   a nasty demo , either inside the  AGM  room , or outside it ,   and if the majority of shareholders demand the removal of Worthington ,   there IS a strong possibility that Delia will decide the game isn`t worth the candle , and pull out of the club completely !! 

She who pays the piper ,calls the tune ...

So, Sheded, does this mean that we can''t protest because it might upset Delia, who might run off with her money? GOOD! I''d rather support Norwich freely than have my opinions marginalised by the Board just because it holds the purse strings. I am confident that Delia is intelligent enough to know that no individual is more important than Norwich City Football Club. If, however, she chooses to ignore the fans, then we are better off without her money, which isn''t the be-all and end-all anyway - how much respect do many fans hold for Chelsea, who have purchased the Premiership title?

I''m sorry but you are all idiots for suggesting this and i would really beg you not to do this. What good is this gonna do other than plunge us into yet more turmoil, attract more media frenzy and give yet more of a sense of "club in crisis"? What is this gonna do for the players? You thing it will help out on the pitch? For god''s sake use your heads. Focus all this pent up frustration on getting behind the team and on turning our form around. By doing this you do nothing but make it worse.

[quote]So, Sheded, does this mean that we can''t protest because it might upset Delia, who might run off with her money? GOOD! I''d rather support Norwich freely than have my opinions marginalised by the Board...[/quote]

Just can`t see  the club  prospering  if the fans/shareholders  get their way , and cause the ousting of Nigel !  its a vote of no confidence in Delia , and the board ...    and, in those circumstances ,  she would be  in her rights to pull out !!   once this kind of thing starts  it has a knock on effect  , look at the Forest saga !   do we REALLY want to be  in div 1  ?   

[quote]Okay Bury, surprise me, is it, by any chance going to be RG Carter?[/quote]

How did you ever guess?

What gets my goat about this is Doomcaster giving the hotel deal some spin with words along the lines of

“After a competitive tendering process RG Carters were awarded the contact”

Does this bloke actually think we are all stupid? For my sins our family business is a fair sized building contractors and although we wouldn’t expect to be on the tender list not one of the reps who comes to visit us regularly mentioned a single word about any other contractor being in for the this project which in itself is strange.

Now if they were honest and said we negotiated it with Carters then fair enough, I really do not believe that for one minute this was put out to tender and Doomcasters line on this was utter BS

This though is not utmost in my list of worries but having looked at some of the other posts on this thread it seems to me that a few to many are all to happy to go running the directors tugging their forelocks being ever so grateful and ever so humble for all that has been done for them.

Clearly the concept of rigorous debate for the collective good is lost in feudal Norfolk where some seem quite happy to pay homage to the master. Not me thank your very much.

Even if Delia can''t stand the heat- she won''t get out of the "Ker-ching!" (kitchen). Too many fingers in too many pies.....

She wouldn''t leave the club, too committed to the catering side and her TV celebrity days are fast disappearing.....But I still LUVS her! ;~)

Cheers Link, glad you liked it!
There are times to be erudite, and times to tell it how it is. Anyone suggesting or attending an agm protest at this stage is just not using their heads, regardless of which side of the sack him/save him debate they reside.

Think about the last time we had protests, at CR - do you really think we''re in the same situation now as we were in the darkest Chase days? When we were stuck with a chairman stripping the club of its finest assets and refusing to budge. I''ve got a letter from that man promising a worried 17 year old not to sell Chris Sutton! Players had already left when those protests began. If we were languishing at the bottom of the table and dean ashton, darren huckerby, yousef safri had all left, i''d be the first out there for the agm.

There is loads of pressure on the manager at the moment that has reached a crescendo in the last couple of weeks, lets see how he and the team responds to it before we march on Carrow Road.
Action like this now will only make the players want to leave, then where will we be?

A1, I totally agree that protests will not sway this Board of Directors, who would just dig their heels in. There are other ways (already highlighted on this Board) to protest against the current regime. It''s just that I felt it was unnecessary (and not in your usual entertaining style) to post in the way that you did. I suppose it reflects the strength of emotions currently experienced on here.  

I’ve attended the first three AGM’s and to a lesser or greater extent they have been a bit of spin with a healthy dose of smoke and mirrors accompanied by a rather lightweight summary of the financial predicament.  A good evening’s light entertainment but not really serious business.

The clubs AGM is one of those nights to roll into Carrow Road without a game to worry about, see a few familiar faces and marvel at the ‘Mellifluous Munby.  But then of course by bunging them a few quid I was never expecting to get anything back for it other than the right to come to the AGM.  Lets face if I was after an investment I would have been better off giving the loot to this Nigerian General who has written to me asking him to assist in removing $30 USD from his number bank account in Geneva!

As I’ve already stated the board do need to be asked some searching questions beyond what colour to paint the Cathedral Lounge that Mavis from Wymondham has planned for them and yet another round of back slapping.

This year I will try and fire at least one of these across their bows

Doomcaster stated that despite declaring a profit we didn’t in fact make one really, or words to that affect.  Well Neil me old mate what accountant in their right mind would declare a bleeding profit and then have to pay the tax on it?

The clubs principle asset is it land (players from an accounting perspective can not be considered) so ought we not to have a director who has a detailed, robust and indeed working knowledge of property?  It seems to me that although we have some damn good brains on the board the principle asset of property needs managing by a thoroughly exper