Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzar

Team for Liverpool

Rudd

Pinto Bennett Klose Brady

Tettey Howson

Redmond Naismith Jarvis

Mbokani

Who knows, with our embarrassment of riches?!

I think I prefer Lessingham''s lineup; not sure Redmond has done a lot to earn a starting place and I certainly prefer Brady in m-f but it seems AN doesn''t, so that bit perhaps seems doubtful. One thing is for sure and that is that we ought to see at least 1-2 of our new guys playing.

Throw all the new guys in I say!

Rudd

Pinto, Klose, Bassong, Brady

Tettey, Dorrans

Howson, Naismith, Jarvis

Jerome

When I look at Lessinghams team I think, wow that pretty much looks like a proper Prem line up. I suppose that''s disrespectful to the rest of the squad but I do like the look of it.

For me

Rudd

Pinto Bassong Klose Brady

Tettey Mulumbu

VOO Naismith Howson

Jerome

The team will most likely be;

Rudd

Martin Bennett bassong Brady

Tettey Howson

Redmond Jarvis

Hoolahan

Mbokani

Subs: ruddy olsson klose Naismith jerome Dorrans

That''s my bet

Hell, lets go for it

RuddPinto Bennet Klose Olsson  Howson    Tettey   Brady         Voo          Naismith                Jerome

GK. Rudd

LB. Brady

CB. Bassong

CB. Bennett

RB. Pinto

DM. Tettey

DM. Howson

AMR. Redmond

CAM. Hoolahan

AML. Naismith

ST. Jerome

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Or how about;- Rudd Pinto, Bennett, Klose, Olsson Tettey, Howson Jarvis, Naismith, Brady Mbokani Certainly plenty of choice, with goals in Jarvis, Naismith, Brady and Mbokani I think,[/quote]

I like this, but I always worry when we don''t have Wes in the lineup.

Liverpool have lots of runners from midfield. They may even play with no outright striker. Therefore we need numbers in midfield to pick them up. They also play attacking full backs so i''d expect a 4-5-1 defensive unit and 4-2-3-1 attacking unit.

Rudd

Martin Klose Bassong Brady

VOO Howson Tettey Mulumbu Wes

Mbokani

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Rudd

Tettey Howson

Redmond Naismith Jarvis

Mbokani

Who knows, with our embarrassment of riches?![/quote]I''d go with this. Possibly VOO for Redmond, but VOO''s initial element of surprise seems to be on the wane. He''d be a good energetic player to bring on later in the game.

I''d love to see the new guys come in, but I think it''ll be this;

Rudd

Martin Bennett Bassong Brady

Tettey Dorrans

Redmond Howson Jarvis

Mbokani

As AN identified today, Liverpool push high up the pitch, leaving big bits of space behind them. Redmond, Jarvis, Brady etc would be ideal to exploit this if deployed in attacking positions.

Liverpool will also target ''weak links'' for intense pressing, I have a feeling they will earmark Bennett who never seems to happy to have the ball at his feet (despite his reputation) for some special treatment. If Klose is ready, which I highly doubt, it may be best he comes in for Bennett not Bassong. Tettey will also come under this heavy pressing, but not really any other options to play him at the moment.

I''d go for

Rudd

Pinto Klose Bassong Olsson

Tettey Howson

Redmond Naismith Brady

Mbokani

Possibly a bit too attacking, but hey ho.

Fuzzar suggested,

Rudd

Tettey Howson

Redmond Naismith Jarvis

Mbokani

Fuzzar,

I think you could be close, with the exception of the two CB’s.

If if, Klose has to be ahead of Bassong, he needs a few games on the bench.....he''s back to the bad habit of clearing the ball into the incoming opposition path, giving away too many chances and goals. Like they say when in doubt boot it out!

Would like to see Pinto & Naismith start but can''t see it, they will no doubt start on the bench.

Can see.....

Rudd,

Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Brady

Tettey, Howson,

Vadis, Wes, Jarvis

Mbokani.

We will see how AN decides to go.

For me I''d start Naismith ahead of Wes, Pinto for Martin and last Klose if fit for Bassong.

hoolahan shouldnt even be on the bench after his last couple games

rudd pinto bennett klose brady      mulumbu tetteyredmond howson jarvis           naismith

solid, lots of pace,with a bit of muscle in the middle to rough them up

I''m very excited to see all of the new boys used, but going off the comments from AN I''d think that Klose is likely to start from the bench myself. Pinto up to speed and Naismith knows this league inside and out should be pushing for starts.

Rudd

Pinto Bennet Bassong Brady

Tetty

Hoolahan Howson Jarvis

Naismith

Mbokani

Klose, Martin, Jerome, Vadis, Redmond, Olson, ruddy

Rudd

pinto bennett klose brady

Tettey

Voo Howson Jarvis

Naismith

Mbokani

Cant believe we''ll spend £20m and leave it all sitting on the bench especially given last weeks performance

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Hell, lets go for it

RuddPinto Bennet Klose Olsson  Howson    Tettey   Brady         Voo          Naismith                Jerome

[/quote]

Like this line up and Lessinghams but I think AN will have Brady at left back and perhaps one or two of our signings aren''t ready yet, although I hope they are.

Klose should be ok

he has just completed 2 weeks intensive training for the 2nd half of the german season

I can''t see Redmond starting unless he has done something extra special at training. VOO or Jarvis should play on the right, unless Brady plays Left back in which case I would play Jarvis on the left wing and VOO on the right and I would hope he would be better defensively.

[quote user="Norfolkn Good"]Rudd

pinto bennett klose brady

Tettey

Voo Howson Jarvis

Naismith

Mbokani

Cant believe we''ll spend £20m and leave it all sitting on the bench especially given last weeks performance[/quote]

Me too, however, Klose has only just arrived and it may be he needs a week to get used to the place a bit before throwing him in the deep end.  Voo was a bit cuplable last week, so wouldn''t start him.   Redmond hasn''t been at his best either.  Also, it is possible Martin has been at right back, not because he was seen by the management as not good enough at cb, but because the need was more for a right back at the time - and  Pinto has now arrived to be the competition for rb.   So we might even see Martin back at cb.  So -                 RuddPinto Martin Bassong Brady       Tettey Mulumbu  Howson Naismith  Jarvis              Mbokani

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Does anybody know if any of our new boys are fit enough to play ?[/quote]Fitter than this chap............

YNFA''s photo.

Brady has been immense this season but has struggled the last couple of games, failing to deal with balls to the far post and leaving players unmarked, it''s also a bit of a concern the amount of crosses coming in from our left compared to our right and thankfully Martin has been positioned correctly to deal with the crosses, something Brady hasn''t. Flip side of that though, Olsson is an awful defender so we have to persevere. I''d go with

RuddMartin             Bennett       Klose (unlikely)      Brady                                  TetteyRedmond         Howson            Jarvis                                 Naismith                                   Jerome

Amazing how many fans are prepared to ditch Hoolahan at the drop of a hat yet still have Russell Martin (whose last two performances have shown him to be an utter liability) in their side.

I''m also yet to be convinced Jarvis can produce consistently. Has good days but would not be in my side ahead of Wes or Brady.

Expecting same 11 as at Bournemouth except Naisy to start, replaicing whom i dont know. Pinto on the bench, maybe subbing for Martin sometime in 2nd half. Maybe see Klose on the bench as Wisdom cannot be involved.

I''m amazed at the number of posts who think the 3 new guys won''t start. Christ, we''ve just shelled out millions, all 3 are professional footballers, we''re playing at home against a team that are not doing great and we only have 16 games left.So why the hell would we wait and plod on with the same old lot after last week''s no show now that we''ve got new players.RuddPintoBennettKlosseOlssonTetteyHowsonBradyNaismithJarvisJeromeSubs RuddyBassongVOORedmondMbokaniHoolahanMartin