Sign in to follow this  
JP

Worthy out, Burley in!? **Sign up**

I have been backing Worthy for a long time now, but enough is enough. Worthy has lost it, etc!

i dont need to state the reasons for the above, it is clear to all!

[quote]I have been backing Worthy for a long time now, but enough is enough. Worthy has lost it, etc! i dont need to state the reasons for the above, it is clear to all! sign up now![/quote]

Sorry, but it just isnt going to happen. Why on Earth would Burley come to us for a start?!

Would love it if he did though, and if there was any chance of him coming here Id urge the board to look into it. I just dont see it occurring.

Worthy out, and any manager who can motivate the current squad and change the current tactics in, as far as I am concerned.  I am sure that the board will accept that Worthy has been deprived of some of his better players, so expect him to stay a little longer.  Mind you if we lose at home to Sheffield Wednesday next Saturday in front of an another expected 25,000 sell out, even the board will find it hard to back him.  One thing for sure I cannot see Worthy resigning.  As for Burley I would be more than happy, but I am sure he is destined for a bigger club. 

Would absolutley love to see it but I feel our board will A: Never have the balls to sack Worthy and B: would probably side with the mindless numbskulls who wouldnt want Burley because of his Ipswich past.

Worthy has done a great job at city over the last few seasons,but sorry nigel its time to move on.After saying that how come no one on here is blameing the players?.Are they all giveing the 150% which is called on them to do each match day?.By the way anyone got mike walkers phone number it be great to see him back.

[quote]I don''t care if it''s my hairdresser, as long as Worthy goes.[/quote]

haha, im with you

WORTHY OUT!

Burely got Derby to the play-offs and Hearts to the top of the Scots PL but departed both. Why?

Wouldn''t you like to consider this before bringing him to Norwich.

Worthy''s time is well and truly up but do we really think the answer is a manager who has walked out of 2 jobs in the last 5 months.

Yep, I give my full support to this. I don''t see how Worthington can possibly stay in the job now. He should have been sacked after Fulham on the last day of last season. The shambles of this season was so obviously going to happen as far as I''m concerned and he should have the decency to resign now.

WORTHY OUT!

Somebody has mentioned Mike Walker. Have they forgotten Ipswich 5 Norwich 0, in a season when five and six goals conceeded was a regular feature.

Apart from his Ipswich spell, which finished up in administration, Burley has hardly shown loyalty to the other clubs he has managed.  Look how he walked out on Colchester, Derby and now Hearts. 

If it is felt Worthy must go then they could do worse than give the job to David Williams.

i have now decided that, yes, something has to give. And it probably has to be the manager.HOWEVER:i) i do not believe that under any circumstances worthington can be called a bad manager. he has done woners for this club. It is simply that in situations such as this, shake-ups are required. a boost is needed. most managers struggle in a season after relegation and many are replaced. its not because theyre bad at theyre job.ii) if he does go, we should all give great respect to nigel worthington for his time at the club. if he were to be booed on a return to the club with another side, i would be ashamed to be a norwich city fan.iii) most importantly, worthington should only be replaced if and when a suitable replacement turns up. i do not think this has yet occurred. i doubt we can attract the likes of keegan and burley to carrow road. we would probably have to lure them with the much-spoken of ''morrison money''. subsequently, their options in the transfer market would be very limited. if steve bruce goes at birmingham, he might be a possible replacement. but, so far, its just a case of ifs and buts. we should not put pressure on the board to sack worthy when we don''t know whether a replacement is anywhere near on the cards.

i agree with the first persons comments.

he is loosing the team, he is putting people out of position, he doesnt know wot the tallent is in our team... look wot burly did for ****** with there players...IMAGEN WOT HE COULD DO WITH OURS!! but know worthingtone is still sitting incontrol (yer right) of our team.

and it has got to stop!!!! look at our players we have class some teams in this division would give there teath for them

WORHTY OUT BURLY IN!!!! AND LETS DO IT NOW BEFOR WE GET RELIGATED FROM THIS LEAGUE TO!!!!!!

[quote]Somebody has mentioned Mike Walker. Have they forgotten Ipswich 5 Norwich 0, in a season when five and six goals conceeded was a regular feature. Apart from his Ipswich spell, which finished up in ad...[/quote]

And city scoring 10 goals in two games as his (Walker Mk2) team started to gell Intenso!.

Hell, we conceed that number now!.

OUT - for the last eighteen months of muddle, inconsistency, and misjudgenments, including two summers of poor transfer activity. We could all see that the squad was too small and not good enough if there were injuries.It''s probable that Burley will not come, but we need a change and Worthy needs a change. He has run out of ideas and his tactics are as predictable as his post-match comments.Sorry, but OUT!

OUT - for the last eighteen months of muddle, inconsistency, and misjudgenments, including two summers of poor transfer activity. We could all see that the squad was too small and not good enough if there were injuries.It''s probable that Burley will not come, but we need a change and Worthy needs a change. He has run out of ideas and his tactics are as predictable as his post-match comments.Sorry, but OUT!

Worthy out yes,but I still feel that we have one of the finest coaches wasting his time with the academy,I''d go for David Williams every time

Burley has the oppertunity to manage Ireland, Rangers might become available, I''m sure he won''t be free for us even to approach by the time Worthy is ousted (which won''t be for a few more games yet if indeed it happens).

Somebody mentioned Bruce, pure fantasy. He''ll be keeping a very close eye on the Newcastle situation.

There is a fair bit of dordling going on with Holloway''s contract at QPR though...

[quote]Worthy out yes,but I still feel that we have one of the finest coaches wasting his time with the academy,I''d go for David Williams every time[/quote]

I would also support giving Williams a chance, and how is Iwan doing with his coaching badges?

id like to see Burley here.. as i have stated elsewhere it doesnt matter who he has managed in the past hes a good manager, and anyone who recognises a godo manager would have him here without caring about his past.

he''d come in wanting to do well and hopefully would take us where we wanted to be.

Also, he still lives in East Anglia, my girlfirend is a binnie (yes i know... lol) and i have seen Burley a couple of times at Ipswich station, had  a chat to him too and said i wasa Norwich fan... hes a decent chap and im sure would do very well here

jas

[quote]Somebody has mentioned Mike Walker. Have they forgotten Ipswich 5 Norwich 0, in a season when five and six goals conceeded was a regular feature. Apart from his Ipswich spell, which finished up in ad...[/quote]

Yes i agree with bringing burley in ...

But lay off walker, am i the only one who remembers what he did for this club...

2nd time round might not have worked out, but for christ sake... we had our best times under him.

Worthy out, before it''s too late! Nigel has served the club admirably up until the latter part of last season, but he''s lost the plot now and, so sadly, I have to say it''s time for him to go.