Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Tomorrows centre backs. Don't knock the messenger.

How does that work out formation wise?? Can''t be 4231 surely because that puts either Wes or Naisith as wide players and is not their strong point.So -                    Rudd

Pinto   Martin  Bassong Brady

Tettey

Redmond

Howson Naismith 

Wes                  

Mbokani??Or maybe -                    Rudd

Tettey

Howson

Naismith

Wes   Redmond

Mbokani?? 

[quote user="lake district canary"] How does that work out formation wise?? Can''t be 4231 surely because that puts either Wes or Naisith as wide players and is not their strong point.So -                    Rudd

Tettey

Redmond

Howson Naismith 

Wes                  

Mbokani??Or maybe -                    Rudd

Tettey

Howson

Naismith

Wes   Redmond

Mbokani?? 

[/quote]

If Willo''s team is correct, that is.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="alartz"]if russell martin starts at CB with bassong. I will personally walk out and I won''t be renewing my ticket.

I will not waste my money watching bad team selections week in week out.

When we all know RM is NOT a CB![/quote]Frees up a seat for someone who wants to be there I guess....[/quote]

The usual bite from yourself.... You never let anyone down.

I suppose you''d be happy with Martin at CB?

Obvious the new players won''t start because Neil doesn''t actually know what he''s doing

You are clearly not happy Alartz-blame the manager if that''s the team he picks.

You may as well give up your season ticket now if that''s how you feel-will save you £80 or whatever the under 12 ticket is.

And it there were others who had the same opinion as me-have a look at the other replies.

I don''t think Bassong or Bennett have played well recently so why not try him at CB?

If a single cross gets in from Pinto''s side I hope the flaming torches and pitchforks will be out in force!

I tell ya why we shouldn''t try him again at centre half. Because he''s awfull. Have you forget the first half of the season. As poor as Bass and Bennett have been lately they haven''t been as bad as Martin is at centre half.

Hes ok as a back up right back but that''s it.

Next season if we stay up I suspect we will see him slip further down the pecking order and someone like Klose becoming captain.

If the new players don''t start I''m sure it will be because the manager doesn''t think they are ready. I think AN has proved over the last twelve months that he does know what he is doing, and while I think we have better options at centre half than Russell Martin there is a reason why he has been selected there by Lambert, Hughton, Strachan and Neil.

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="alartz"]if russell martin starts at CB with bassong. I will personally walk out and I won''t be renewing my ticket.

I will not waste my money watching bad team selections week in week out.

When we all know RM is NOT a CB![/quote]Frees up a seat for someone who wants to be there I guess....[/quote]

The usual bite from yourself.... You never let anyone down.

I suppose you''d be happy with Martin at CB?

Obvious the new players won''t start because Neil doesn''t actually know what he''s doing[/quote]Not a bite at all, you are a whingeing git, I''m glad you don''t sit near me.Where is your seat, by the way? I don''t really care, but when your season ticket comes up for grabs, folks might want to know.

Did Lambert or Hughton play him there tho. I dont remember it. Lambert bough him as a right back. Think it was Adams that played them there. Think Adams bought him in there for his first game vs Fulham.

Lambert played him there when we had injury problems I think. But it was Adams who switched him to cb.

And gave him the 5 shirt incase there was any doubt about whether he could play cb.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Did Lambert or Hughton play him there tho. I dont remember it. Lambert bough him as a right back. Think it was Adams that played them there. Think Adams bought him in there for his first game vs Fulham.[/quote]I don''t think Neil Adams'' managerial expertise should be used to win any kind of footballing debate [;)]

Well if I''m honest I don''t remember Lambert playing him there.

He ain''t a centre half of premier league quality. Time to move on to the next level.

Probably be at Blackburn come the summer.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Well if I''m honest I don''t remember Lambert playing him there.

He ain''t a centre half of premier league quality. Time to move on to the next level.

Probably be at Blackburn come the summer.[/quote]No, pretty sure he didn''t.

I remember a game Naughton and drury went there when ayala and whitbred both went off injured and elliott bennett went right back. Not martin tho.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Well if I''m honest I don''t remember Lambert playing him there.

Probably be at Blackburn come the summer.[/quote]No, pretty sure he didn''t.[/quote]

Lambert did use him there on occasions as we had Naughton at RB in that season. He was CB in our 2-1 home defeat to Arsenal and did a magnificent clearance off the line.

I''m now off to sit in my Russell Martin shrine.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]I remember a game Naughton and drury went there when ayala and whitbred both went off injured and elliott bennett went right back. Not martin tho.[/quote]

That was the 3-1 home win against Newcastle I think

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Well if I''m honest I don''t remember Lambert playing him there.

Probably be at Blackburn come the summer.[/quote]No, pretty sure he didn''t.[/quote]

He did, on a few occasions. The 3-1 Swansea at home for one in . 

I''m pretty sure Martin started at centre half away at Bolton, was our first win IIRC in that initial Premier league season under Lambert, think we won 2-1 (Pilks & Johnson). One of their players got sent off for ''headbutting'' Tierney.

Ha yer I remember that. Was when we had centre backs made of glass Whitbred, Ayala and Ward, No doubt Barnett was suspended at the time.

Russell is s**t. Hope lambert comes in and buys him.

Worst captain ever and a terrible CB 🎣

If he starts today at CB I predict Liverpool scoring 3+ goals

[quote user="alartz"]Russell is s**t. Hope lambert comes in and buys him.

If he starts today at CB I predict Liverpool scoring 3+ goals[/quote]

The CB won''t be to blame if the goals come from a cross-it will all be Pinto''s fault!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Well if I''m honest I don''t remember Lambert playing him there.

He did, on a few occasions. The 3-1 Swansea at home for one in . 

[/quote]Were you at that one?

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"][quote user="alartz"]Russell is s**t. Hope lambert comes in and buys him.

If he starts today at CB I predict Liverpool scoring 3+ goals[/quote]

The CB won''t be to blame if the goals come from a cross-it will all be Pinto''s fault![/quote]

If he plays. He''s a new player don''t forget. Needs another 2 months out of the side to get Upto speed first

Nah, you''re all wrong - it''s still all Whittakers fault!

[quote user="AJ"]Nah, you''re all wrong - it''s still all Whittakers fault![/quote]

Haha! Forgot about him. If he starts all hell will break loose. I''ll rip up my season ticket in front of the dugout

Hope they don''t play with Benteke upfront. Although he''s been misfiring this season, against Martin at CB is always a worry.

Hopefully he can score like last time to make up for his defensive weaknesses.