Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Tomorrows centre backs. Don't knock the messenger.

Hopefully we ain''t going back to Martin at centre half. How many times do we have to keep seeing he ain''t a centre half. He''s a back up right back.

You know, the last two games Bassong has been awful, I''d be dissapointed with Martin at CB, but I''d rather him alongside Bennett, not sure if either can play left CB!.

Really should be Pinto & Klose if fit enough from the start, but alas cannot see it happening from the comments by AN.

[quote user="Indy"]You know, the last two games Bassong has been awful, I''d be dissapointed with Martin at CB, but I''d rather him alongside Bennett, not sure if either can play left CB!.

Really should be Pinto & Klose if fit enough from the start, but alas cannot see it happening from the comments by AN.[/quote]I don''t think he''ll start two new players, who have never played in the Premiership, at the same time.

Don''t think Martin is playing, Pinto and Klose in.

Awaiting confirmation..

Poss 3 at the back as I see it

I suppose by playing 5 Morty it covers the two new ones a bit more. Brady and Pinto wing backs...

I agree Morty but I would, both are better option than what we have in form from Martin & Bassong.

But agree might just be Pinto to start.

[quote user="firststeps"]I''ll boo, and loudly... the bloke is rubbish 😡[/quote]

That will help. Why don''t you just support all of our players whoever the manager decides to pick? If he does pick Russ-maybe you could boo Alex Neil?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]3 at the back''s interesting (without martin).....

could look like....

rudd

bennett klose bassong

pinto tettey brady

howson dorrans

naismith

mbokani[/quote]

i''ll edit that

.......................rudd.....................

.......bennett....klose.......bassong

pinto...............tettey.....................brady

................howson........dorrans..............

.........................naismith.......................

.........................mbokani........................

When we bought Pinto I did wonder if we would go three centre halves and two wing backs. Pinto and Bradey would we well suited to that. Won''t suit every opponent but looks good..

LDC. Martin hasn''t been picked yet. Nobody will boo his name if he is. You won''t be there to shout anyone down as you advocate in your fanciful scenario. sometimes you are silly.

Like the look of that team GJL.

Although if Pinto lets a single cross in from the right I shall be going mental and probably throwing cold sausage rolls at him.

[quote user="willo"]I suppose by playing 5 Morty it covers the two new ones a bit more. Brady and Pinto wing backs...[/quote]Yeah, spose so. I hadn''t considered we would play 5 at the back. Previous results using it have been decidedly mixed. I can see the logic against much better teams, but 5 at the back against a misfiring Liverpool is maybe showing them a bit too much respect.

Liverpool misfiring against Notwich would be a novel experience. They are probably looking forward to it as an opportunity for a good decarb and tune-up.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Liverpool misfiring against Notwich would be a novel experience. They are probably looking forward to it as an opportunity for a good decarb and tune-up.[/quote]I am not getting carried away here, they''re no Man City, and their away record really isn''t great.Our record, at home is actually pretty good.Throw in the buzz of new signings, Naismith especially, and I think we could be in for a good game. I''m very much looking forward to it.

The way Liverpool play with 1 or ''none'' as a striker, the ideal is to stop the supply through their midfield. A back 6 of Martin, Klose, Basson with Pinto, Tettey and Brady in front of them should do that and enable the front 4 to threaten offensively.

It should allow us to involve Redmond too, who I think will link up well with Naismith''s intelligence and hard work.

I like 5 at the back. Or 3 at the back depending on your view point.  The wing backs can be braver with three defenders behind them. Alex likes positive fullbacks but we have been caught out time and again with teams exposing the space behind. Three other defenders gives us more cover. Last time we did that in the FA Cup against Citeh Martin played in the middle of Bennett and Bassong. I did think at the time that Neil would only have used that in a game he wasn''t that bothered about if he was considering the same in league games. But then we signed Klose.

I always felt the back three suited Martin better. It will be ineteresting to see the team. And future defences.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I like 5 at the back. Or 3 at the back depending on your view point.  The wing backs can be braver with three defenders behind them. Alex likes positive fullbacks but we have been caught out time and again with teams exposing the space behind. Three other defenders gives us more cover. Last time we did that in the FA Cup against Citeh Martin played in the middle of Bennett and Bassong. I did think at the time that Neil would only have used that in a game he wasn''t that bothered about if he was considering the same in league games. But then we signed Klose.

I always felt the back three suited Martin better. It will be ineteresting to see the team. And future defences.

[/quote]It was awful in the Man City game.

I agree cant say I like the system but AN has wanted to go to this several times.

Well told that''s the back line so lets see,,,,, If I get the front half of the team I will post

if russell martin starts at CB with bassong. I will personally walk out and I won''t be renewing my ticket.

I will not waste my money watching bad team selections week in week out.

When we all know RM is NOT a CB!

[quote user="alartz"]if russell martin starts at CB with bassong. I will personally walk out and I won''t be renewing my ticket.

When we all know RM is NOT a CB![/quote]Frees up a seat for someone who wants to be there I guess....

[quote user="alartz"]if russell martin starts at CB with bassong. I will personally walk out and I won''t be renewing my ticket.

When we all know RM is NOT a CB![/quote]

alartz,

Can I have first dibs?

When we all know RM is NOT a CB![/quote]

Frees up a season ticket for someone who will support the entire team then.

I''d go very similar with GJL but with VOO in place of Howson. A little muscle there if playing five at the back and steam roller through the middle but pace down the sides.

Naismith is similar to Wes but more attacking minded. I believe we don''t perform well with Howson and Wes in the same starting line up, as Howson is best used in an attacking midfielder. Conflict of interest with all 3 in Howson, Wes and Naismith but each can be used as all slightly differently. Good options from the bench to turn/twist games.

So he was (mainly) rubbish at CB & got dropped.Had a spell on the benchCame back in as RB and was (mainly) rubbishPinto takes over at RBComes back in at CB again, presumably until Klose is up to speedThen I wouldn''t be surprised to see him at LB.After all, he is the Captain, isn''t he?

Ok Ive got as follows;

Rudd

Brady

Bassong

Martin !!!Ouch !!!!

Pinto

Naismith

Tettey

Howson

Redmond !!!!! Ouch!!!!

Wes

Mbokani

My apologies I re read my messages and Klose was not there... Note to me, put glasses on when reading....

[quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]

This exactly, except Rm is a joke, a bad one. He needs to put himself out the absolute misery he must feel with his performances and request a transfer to a suitable non league club that might take him out of sympathy.

So if its a Russ free back 5 and assuming 1 striker and tettey, howson and Naismith who is the last midfielder?

Jarvis was very poor last week, VOO means no pace, wes with Naismith seems unlikely. Mulumbu too defensive. For me it looks like pace essential so a choice between jarvis or Redmond to reprise his old Trafford more central role.

[quote user="ball bag"][quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]

This exactly, except Rm is a joke, a bad one. He needs to put himself out the absolute misery he must feel with his performances and request a transfer to a suitable non league club that might take him out of sympathy.[/quote]

Good one Mr Bag-I''d suggest he''s achieved far more than you ever will in your miserable life trolling on football forums.