Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Tomorrows centre backs. Don't knock the messenger.

LFC have the worse shot conversion rate in the prem. I would like to think that should be a factor. Playing the new guys?yes for me, I guess playing too much champ man where I only ever bought to improve my starting xi.

It would be frustrating to see Bassong keep his place after the season he''s had. Bennett has been far better. But Klose will definitely not start, hardly played any football recently and has been on a winter break in Germany.

Hope this is not another case of AN''s assessment of not being up to speed till March

The OP is likely correct, in so much that Klose won''t feature, Alex Neil hinted at it in the press conference.And who else we going to scapegoat if Martin doesn''t play?

I personally think we''ll see

Martin Bennett Bassong Brady

But that''s my two pence

if we send out the same defence as last week....or worse still, one with Martin at centre back we will lose.......if we play a back 4 with the two new signings in, there''s a chance we will still lose as they will not be used to each other, but at least we will have started the process of bedding them in.

The sooner we do it ,the better.......what we dont want is people making their debuts in a critical game such as Villa away

Pinto Klose Bassong Olsson

blood it tomorrow and then stick with it.

Klose won''t start.

Hoping to see Pinto in at the expense of Martin (not Bennett) as well as a start for Naismith. Or to see him subbed on early second half at least!!

------------------------Rudd------------------------------

---Pinto-----Bennett-------Bassong-----Olsson------

---------------Tettey--------Mulumbu-----------------

----Redmond-------Naismith---------Brady----------

----------------------Mbokani---------------------------

Think that Hoolahan will be dropped, as with the reverse fixture earlier in the season, and if Naismith doesn''t get the nod I think Howson will be given a try there.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]So what will happen when his name is read out as CB just before the match....are some people going to boo the decision just before one of the biggest matches of the season...or are they going to get behind him from the start? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]So what will happen when his name is read out as CB just before the match....are some people going to boo the decision just before one of the biggest matches of the season...or are they going to get behind him from the start? 

[/quote]If they pay their money to go to the match, that is entirely their choice, isn''t it?

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary.

".if we play a back 4 with the two new signings in, there''s a chance we will still lose as they will not be used to each other, but at least we will have started the process of bedding them in.

The sooner we do it ,the better......"

Precisely this. Can''t have paralysis through fear or reward repeat poor performances with keeping place.

No time like the present

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]So what will happen when his name is read out as CB just before the match....are some people going to boo the decision just before one of the biggest matches of the season...or are they going to get behind him from the start? 

[/quote]

Wow, that''s a new one. A pre-emptive strike having a dig at the fans a day before the match ??

Tell you what, why don''t you pop down & join us to see for yourself . . . .

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Simmo''s a binner, ignore it.[/quote]

Fuzzar,

I think Simmo is correct, as of this moment in time anyhow, see my reply to your Team for Liverpool thread.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]dont think anyone would boo it.......doesnt mean it wouldnt still be an "absolute joke"....[/quote]Anyone who goes to games knows that you don''t get players names being booed when they are read out, pre match.Maybe the odd grumble or harrumph, but definitely not booing.Lets not create drama where there isn''t any.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]So what will happen when his name is read out as CB just before the match....are some people going to boo the decision just before one of the biggest matches of the season...or are they going to get behind him from the start?  [/quote]If they pay their money to go to the match, that is entirely their choice, isn''t it?[/quote]No, it would the mouthings of a few clueless idiots who really don''t know they are born and who imo, should be shouted down by people around them. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Keith Scott"]If Martin starts at right back tomorrow it will be disappointing. If he starts at centre back it will be an absolute joke.[/quote]So what will happen when his name is read out as CB just before the match....are some people going to boo the decision just before one of the biggest matches of the season...or are they going to get behind him from the start?  [/quote]If they pay their money to go to the match, that is entirely their choice, isn''t it?[/quote]No, it would the mouthings of a few clueless idiots who really don''t know they are born and who imo, should be shouted down by people around them. 

[/quote]Do that then, shout them down[Y]

......i would imagine that unless they are party to threads such as this, forewarning them of such a possibility........the vast majority of the 25000 Norwich fans there tomorrow would too shocked to boo upon hearing this?!?

[quote user="hogesar"]No problem really with those two.[/quote]

really?......last time these 2 started together, we were ripped apart by everton for 45 mins until it was abandoned at half time when bennett came on...

.......time before that was newcastle away........