Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Positives

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]It''s given the usual trolls the chance to whinge!

Generally, that always makes me laugh[/quote]There''s trolling, there''s being a realist and there''s being a complete numb-nut.So many people like yourself fall into the last category.  Take comfort from the fact you''re not alone.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]It''s given the usual trolls the chance to whinge!

Generally, that always makes me laugh[/quote]There''s trolling, there''s being a realist and there''s being a complete numb-nut.So many people like yourself fall into the last category.  Take comfort from the fact you''re not alone.[/quote]Youre a wacko

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Naismith

Naismith + Mbokani

Set Pieces

Pinto

Won''t have to see Martin playing defender again

Anymore? Im Struggling here[/quote]agree with all them bar pinto.. he was absolute plop today as well!

Naismith. He ran out of energy but looked head and shoulders above the rest of the team and that finish.. Deserved to be on a winning side.

Mbokani stayed on the score sheet.

That will be the last time we see Martin at CB

Pinto will get better, at fault for their second but actually it was Dorrans who was initially marking empty space.

Klose still could come in and add that Swiss/German sensibility and cut the crap at the back.

We still have a week of transfer window. Another CB and striker for me

[quote user="EGGY "]There are no Positives WE LOST thats it[/quote]

Following football must be awful with that attitude

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]Pinto was great going forward, terrible defensively.[/quote]

Which worryingly is what I''d seen said about him. To be fair Whittaker is decent going forwards we need a right back, scratch that, a defender who can defend properly first. Still tough game for Pinto to come into with no defensive midfielders whatsoever.

Pinto 4.5/10 because of defensive duties in team conceding five

Naismith 6.5/10 but will be great when fit and definite positive

Rudd 5/10 could have done better if some of the goals

Mbokani 6.5/10 showed some good stuff but clearly not good at running at defenders (great holding up and excellent finish today)

Was Pinto really at fault for Liverpool''s second the ball eluded the enti re defence which went missing ball to Henderson was from the left. Pinto played on the right how was he at fault?

Centre Backs at fault for this one. Pinto an improvement on Martin who hopefully we never see again.

We scored 4 goals, Naismith''s performance,

Pinto looked good going forwards,

Mbokani worked tirelessly and scored a good goal.

Our defence will be better in the future games ( it couldn''t be much worse ).

The transfer window isn''t closed yet.

We will be better with Tettey and/or O''Neil in the side.

We will be better without Martin in central defence and at full back.

We will be better with Klose and Bennett in central defence.

Rudd will have better games.

Hendersons goal came from their right and went across the box, and there was Henderson standing all alone just waiting to put the ball in the back of the net.

I think that''s what''s being suggested

A lot of emotional comments on the forum, understandable after losing a game 5-4 at home in the dying seconds. After the Southampton win i said i would stick with my pre season guess of City  ending with 33 points and relegation, also that they would lose against Stoke, Muff, Pool and Spurs, as i was postive of that. Thats enough of me, what about Citys positives? Firstly ive seen a lot of annoyance about Martin being  at CB today. I have always agreed that his time is gone, but today Alex had no choice but to put him there. Ryan B rightly was with his wife, Wisdom was ineligable. and Alex considered Klose wasnt ready for 90 mins so had him on the bench. likely only to come on if Martin had got injured. Add that with Tettey getting unwell and we were doomed to let in a heap of goals. Pool got lucky and played us on a perfect day. Even so we scored 4, delighted with that, and game was fun.Naisy...a great positive, Pinto..looks good going forward, bit dodgy defensively on his debut but he will learn, a positive for the future. Martin..was as shambolic as ever, the end is nigh for him...a positive. Klose...guys give him a week or two, Alex knows best...he will be good...a positive. Brady..at LB a negative for me, should be further up the pitch. Only have Olsson, not the greatest but play him at LB. Next season if City are in the Champs, start with Toffolo at LB, will be time he is blooded, a future positive. So many other points  to discuss, but not enough typing space. Today was a watershed game, a crazy high scoring thriller, which on the one hand showed up all the old defensive frailties weve suffered from the past 2 or 3 seasons, on the other hand glimpses of a new team in the making, Alex''s team. Its a time of transition, it may not be enough to keep us up this year, but that dont matter, as  City fans we are used to it. Be positive, Alex is changing the team, it takes time, but this window has been a good one, im more optimistic about the future than ive felt in a long while.

Naismith combining with Mbokani was a huge plus point today.  Defensively, Pinto wasn''t. Which is a major concern for someone who''s supposed to be making us more solid at the back.

[quote user="Essjayess"]A lot of emotional comments on the forum, understandable after losing a game 5-4 at home in the dying seconds. After the Southampton win i said i would stick with my pre season guess of City  ending with 33 points and relegation, also that they would lose against Stoke, Muff, Pool and Spurs, as i was postive of that. Thats enough of me, what about Citys positives? Firstly ive seen a lot of annoyance about Martin being  at CB today. I have always agreed that his time is gone, but today Alex had no choice but to put him there. Ryan B rightly was with his wife, Wisdom was ineligable. and Alex considered Klose wasnt ready for 90 mins so had him on the bench. likely only to come on if Martin had got injured. Add that with Tettey getting unwell and we were doomed to let in a heap of goals. Pool got lucky and played us on a perfect day. Even so we scored 4, delighted with that, and game was fun.Naisy...a great positive, Pinto..looks good going forward, bit dodgy defensively on his debut but he will learn, a positive for the future. Martin..was as shambolic as ever, the end is nigh for him...a positive. Klose...guys give him a week or two, Alex knows best...he will be good...a positive. Brady..at LB a negative for me, should be further up the pitch. Only have Olsson, not the greatest but play him at LB. Next season if City are in the Champs, start with Toffolo at LB, will be time he is blooded, a future positive. So many other points  to discuss, but not enough typing space. Today was a watershed game, a crazy high scoring thriller, which on the one hand showed up all the old defensive frailties weve suffered from the past 2 or 3 seasons, on the other hand glimpses of a new team in the making, Alex''s team. Its a time of transition, it may not be enough to keep us up this year, but that dont matter, as  City fans we are used to it. Be positive, Alex is changing the team, it takes time, but this window has been a good one, im more optimistic about the future than ive felt in a long while.[/quote]

ALL of this.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Hendersons goal came from their right and went across the box, and there was Henderson standing all alone just waiting to put the ball in the back of the net.

I think that''s what''s being suggested[/quote]

No, what was being suggested was cluelessness and not watching the game.

Earlier I had said Lallanna''s pass was Henderson which was just my mistake, but anyway came down the right flank and to even remotely claim it came from the left hand side is not only idiotic it''s blatantly false.